introduce Yourself

Options

Replies

• SusanRN2b
    SusanRN2b Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Down 5 lbs and 8.5 inches after my second week :-D How's everyone else doing?

Hi Tara, like SusanRN2b I have also lost an average of 8-10/month and am now starting Phase 3

I am discovering that IP works so well that it seems like people tend to drop out of this group after only a few months!! :-(

Started Phase 4 last week and, I'm not going to lie, it's a challenge for the simple fact that I'm no longer in ketosis therefore I get hungry! I honestly think I'm a carb junky. It's like how do you tell a crack addict "OK, it's now time for you to smoke some every day, just don't smoke too much." Roger that.
  • b4real5
    b4real5 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My name is Brandi. It took me about a year to lose 80 pounds on my own with diet & exercise, then I hit a hard plateau. I started looking for alternatives. I started Ideal Protein 4 weeks ago & I have lost 26 pounds. I can't believe I haven't heard of this sooner. I'm not hungry most of the time. I want to lose about 70 more pounds. It is pretty easy considering how the weight falls off. I love this. Feel free to friend me.
  • SusanRN2b
    SusanRN2b Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My name is Brandi. It took me about a year to lose 80 pounds on my own with diet & exercise, then I hit a hard plateau. I started looking for alternatives. I started Ideal Protein 4 weeks ago & I have lost 26 pounds. I can't believe I haven't heard of this sooner. I'm not hungry most of the time. I want to lose about 70 more pounds. It is pretty easy considering how the weight falls off. I love this. Feel free to friend me.

Congrats!
  • GrandmaAbbie
    Options
    Hi ! My name is Abbie and I'm from Salt Lake City, Utah. I'll be 56 next week and I've been on Ideal Protein for 4 weeks now. At 3 weeks, I had lost 10 pounds and I think I have hit a plateau this week. I'm still feeling positive, but I'm starting to miss some of the "old" meals - but I quickly tell myself that it was the "old" food that made me gain weight. So, I'm plugging away. I think that I need to find some recipes that will shake things up a bit. Weigh- in is tomorrow - hope I lost at least a pound. I know that if I get back to the gym that I could lose more.....but I just haven't had the energy I need to get in there on this diet. Any suggestions would help.
    Thanks so much - and good luck to everyone here!
  • Seakale
    Options
    HI, I've been on Ideal protein since the first of September and have lost 50 pounds so far. I'm finally under 30 bmi and have 30 pounds to go to get to under 25 bmi which is my ultimate goal. I've dieted a lot in my life and lost weight with several diets but always gained it back. I want to get to being trained in maintenance by my coach. She lost 50 pounds 2 years ago and has kept it off. I'm getting tired of phase 1 but I don't want to drag the diet out any longer than i have to. I like vegetables and love to garden. I live in the north though so my gardening now consists of drooling over seed catalogs My new gardening interest is perennial vegetables. I'm going to try to put in some perennial veggies this year. Of course that means I won't get to eat them for a whole nother year.
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

My name is Claudette and I am restarting IP tomorrow, I have pounds to lose and I am hoping that I can stick with this diet this time. When I started this in august I lost 10.5 pounds in 3 weeks and then went on vacation and did not follow the diet at all and fained the weight back and then some, so I am starting over again and I WILL be successful this time.

Thanks
  • wknmom
    wknmom Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

My name is Claudette and I am restarting IP tomorrow, I have pounds to lose and I am hoping that I can stick with this diet this time. When I started this in august I lost 10.5 pounds in 3 weeks and then went on vacation and did not follow the diet at all and fained the weight back and then some, so I am starting over again and I WILL be successful this time.

Thanks

You can do this!! I'm starting again today as well. I am doing my own version, but the principles are the same. I need to get back into my clothes!! I refuse to buy bigger clothes.
  • memere02
    memere02 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I've been on IP for 12 weeks and have lost 30 lbs with 20 more to go. I found it easy at first but since Christmas I have been wavering. I'm so scared to go to phase 2 when the time comes because I know that I will be adding foods back into my diet. I don't want to fain the weight back but on the other hand I'm getting bored with the food. I need moral support to stay on track. These last few days I have been craving carbs. I have tried many diets and have gained back all the weight I ever lost and I don't want that to happen again. Any ideas out there on how to keep motivated.
  • memere02
    Options
    WKnmom Can I ask what is your inversion. I'm finding IP quite expensive
  • wknmom
    wknmom Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    WKnmom Can I ask what is your inversion. I'm finding IP quite expensive

I buy Protein shakes and bars at either Shopper's Drug Mart or Popeyes. At Shoppers I get the IsoFemme shakes, and the stuff at Popeyes is Iso something (sorry). I like the Pure Protein bars at Shoppers, and the Quest bars at Popeyes. I start the day with a shake. At lunch I have a salad or some sort of veggies and a protein bar. Supper is meat and veggies, and if I am hungry later in the evening I have another protein bar. At Shoppers they often have sales on the product, and you can collect the Optimum points if you buy on their 20x the points days. Last year I got about $700 worth of free stuff because I shop on the sales on 20x the points days.
  • Lonapaterson
    Lonapaterson Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Week 1 is almost over. Is weigh in is tomorrow????
  • SouthernGarnet
    Options
    Kelly, Female, age 46
    IDEAL PROTEIN Phase I - Week 5
    Weight lost 22.8 #
    Inches Lost 12.75 #
    :smile:
  • memere02
    Options
    Thanks WKnmom That is great info. I will definitely look into that because I find the IP food quite expensive
  • memere02
    Options
    Hi again. I have lost 30 lbs on IP and now I'm on a trip to the UK and I can't wait to get home and back on track. I am missing my veggies. We are eating with family so I have no opportunity to just order what I want. It's hard. 5 more days and I can detox again and get back to normal. I feel like I've gained a few pounds but I will work hard at getting them off again
  • Lonapaterson
    Lonapaterson Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Down 12.4 #'s in two weeks.
  • memere02
    Options
    Great job lona
  • ljlantgen
    ljlantgen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello! Laurie here. I started IP 11/5/2013. I am down 25 with about 15 to go.
  • pammee44
    pammee44 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Pam here from Houston, Texas. I started IP on January 20th and we've had our 2nd weight in and I was down 5 lbs and 7 lbs of fat. I am doing this with my husband which has made it easier and harder at the same time. easier because we cook together and eat together, etc. harder because her is losing the weight so fast so i get discouraged, but really just try and focus on me.

So far I am loving this plan and haven't felt better in my life. I've noticed this week that I've been a little hungrier in between meals but my nutritionist added some things for snacks to get me through.

I'm excited to see the results and the weight just start falling off of me. :-)
  • hippie25
    hippie25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Today marks DAY 1 on IP for me. My goals are little different. I have always wanted to lose weight but now my motivation is getting pregnant. My reproductive endocrinologist prescribed this program to get me to lose about 10 lbs before we start IVF. I would like to lose 40lbs but that is not the goal right now. My plan is to lose as much as I can before next month when IVF will begin, then have a healthy pregnancy. I plan on getting back on the program after I have the baby. This had been a very exciting time and i feel that this is my beginning in so many ways!
  • ahyllim
    ahyllim Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm similar to hippie ^. My goal is to ultimately lose 100+lbs, but right now I am focusing on the 65-75lbs I need to lose before fertility treatments.

I'm three weeks into the program and would love to have more IP buddies.