Talking Dead: Team Mika and Lizzie

Options

Replies

• AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    the challenge started yesterday, so this week counts! :) Hoping things get better for you emotionally, sorry to hear :( Hopefully this challenge can give you that extra push. :)
    let's kick some bum, team!

I will also get my weight/measurements in as soon as I can.
  • Cali_Mell
    Options
    I've decided for this challenge to work on inches. When I measured everything yesterday, I almost cried. Okay, I really did cry- but don't tell anyone. I especially want to focus on the stomach, waist, and hip areas (and if I happen to lose a few in the butt area, I'd be a happy camper too).

I did have an 'up' moment though. When I got done crying about the measurements, my teenage daughter reminded me of a few things I thought I'd share:

1. Just 2 months ago I was in 2XL tops and 16-18 pants (2XL in sweats)
    2. I'm now in an in-between 12-14 jeans
    3. All of my tank tops hang so big on me that I have to wear two in public or I'm going to have a wardrobe malfunction that would make Janet Jackson laugh
    4. I can now bend, squat, sit-up, walk, clean, and even shower without falling down- all things I couldn't do even 2 months ago

So I'll take these NSVs and move forward. Anyone on the team please feel free to add me, I'm so excited about this, and the show finally starting :)
  • AmyP619
    Options
    I've decided for this challenge to work on inches. When I measured everything yesterday, I almost cried. Okay, I really did cry- but don't tell anyone. I especially want to focus on the stomach, waist, and hip areas (and if I happen to lose a few in the butt area, I'd be a happy camper too).

I did have an 'up' moment though. When I got done crying about the measurements, my teenage daughter reminded me of a few things I thought I'd share:

3. All of my tank tops hang so big on me that I have to wear two in public or I'm going to have a wardrobe malfunction that would make Janet Jackson laugh
    4. I can now bend, squat, sit-up, walk, clean, and even shower without falling down- all things I couldn't do even 2 months ago

So I'll take these NSVs and move forward. Anyone on the team please feel free to add me, I'm so excited about this, and the show finally starting :)

excellent progress!!!!!!! :)
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options

Your daughter clearly is your reality check. She sees all the accomplishments you have had that you are ignoring. That is awesome!!!
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Here's my measurements and my goals:

Chest 41
    Right and left arm 12 1/2
    Waist 39 (yikes!)
    Hips 41 1/2
    Right thigh 21 1/2
    Left thigh 22
    Calf 15
    weight (as of last week and I am NOT using the scale to rely on but here it is) 170

My goal is to decrease these inches.

Running: I did 2 miles with a 18 mile run. My goal is to increase my endurance in running.

Monday - sorry girls, I blew it on the cardio yesterday but am back on track today. Are we supposed to post our daily achievements on our goals here?
  • Cali_Mell
    Options
    Thanks guys! I should clarify real quick: none of the progress was me actually working out. I had my gallbladder removed and once I did, all that gas build-up and nasty other things I don't like to think about, just melted off. I waited until now to do any actual 'activity' because I didn't have the doctor OK to get moving.

Since Jo tossed her numbers out there, I'll toss mine as well:

Chest 43
    Waist- 40
    Hips 43
    Thighs 24
    Arms 13
    Weight- 179

While decreasing the inches, I want to increase my overall activity. I'd love to be able to walk a few blocks without collapsing. Haven't been able to even do that in TWO YEARS!
  • tj1376
    Options
    No you dont have to post daily achievements, but it cant hurt and might motivate your team to be more active.
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Awesome Mel - we are very similar in our goals. I will probably post my daily goals to keep me motivated. Right now I'm praying for spring!!
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    It's leg day today, which means my legs are jello. I'm going to take the easy route and walk while catching up on some recorded shows. Marching in place in front of the tv counts as cardio, right?

Is there cardio that does involve legs? Haha does stretching count as cardio? My sciatic is screaming at me.
  • tj1376
    Options
    It's leg day today, which means my legs are jello. I'm going to take the easy route and walk while catching up on some recorded shows. Marching in place in front of the tv counts as cardio, right?

Is there cardio that does involve legs? Haha does stretching count as cardio? My sciatic is screaming at me.

According to my exercise physiologist, stretching counts as strength training. As long as you are holding each stretch for more than 10 seconds. I have a whole series of stretches Im SUPPOSED to be doing and if i did it would take 30 min to complete them.

Marching in place is exercise. I don't know exactly how much exercise but it is.
  • Georgielee37
    Georgielee37 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Ok I need better friends on here so feel free to add me....I sent ( Mell ? ) an add and TJ is my sis so I have her...lol but the rest of you come over to the dark side. 3:) My goal with this is to try and drop some weight and just get in better shape. I would like to get down 18 more lb in this 9 weeks. I am down like 31 ish since Nov 11 th not much but better then where I was. Ok that's about all I got for now..lol
  • Cali_Mell
    Options
    I got my Zumba in this morning, and my strength training! I got word from my boss that the next 19 days are going to be non-stop working starting now. We're on a serious deadline for these grants, so I get it. But last time I was non-stop work I fell back into the "oh I can't eat, I've got to work" mentality. It always happens. *sigh* I don't want it to again and I refuse to let it. Arrgggghhhh!!

And by the way, Zumba kicked my *kitten* this morning, but I only fell once :)
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    I just went back in and read the instructions for the team and yea I have all week to complete my cardio goal I don't have to do it all in one day. So I can do this! I will post on here probably daily just to keep me motivated. Yesterday I did my 40 minutes cardio and I about 15 minutes weight training with some handweights since I'm stuck at home because of snow. Going to try to make it to the gym today once they get the roads cleaned a bit.
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Another 40 min cardio running from zombies and 15 min of weights. Had to force myself but felt better after it was done!
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Another 40 min cardio running from zombies and 15 min of weights. Had to force myself but felt better after it was done!

I always have to force myself to do cardio. And I rarely feel better afterwards. Lol!
  • SherryIsRunner5
    SherryIsRunner5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    HI, all! this week has not started out well for me, I have been sick the last two days. Will really need to kick it to get my exercise minutes in!! I will be running from Zombies this afternoon after work! :)
  • AmyP619
    Options
    This week isn't going too bad for me! So far, I'm 3 workouts in for a total of 110 cardio minutes (35 of which are my combat-type minutes) and 30 minutes of strength training. 70 more cardio minutes to go, and 60 more strength training minutes to go. I plan on hitting the gym for another 70-80 minute session tonight. I've got this week in the bag ;)

Keep kicking bum, everyone! Sherry, I hope you're finally feeling better! <3
  • SherryIsRunner5
    SherryIsRunner5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This week isn't going too bad for me! So far, I'm 3 workouts in for a total of 110 cardio minutes (35 of which are my combat-type minutes) and 30 minutes of strength training. 70 more cardio minutes to go, and 60 more strength training minutes to go. I plan on hitting the gym for another 70-80 minute session tonight. I've got this week in the bag ;)

Keep kicking bum, everyone! Sherry, I hope you're finally feeling better! <3

I am, Amy, thanks!! Gotta get some work in, though!!
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Ok did an hour of my zombie run and 15 min of weights tonight. I'm adding done boxing moves during my run to satisfy that requirement - I'm sure I look comical on the treadmill at the gym!
  • Cali_Mell
    Options
    Looks like we're off to a good start this week. I feel like I've done pretty good. I'm not snacking on junk as I normally would during frantic work hours. I'm getting my exercise in as well- both cardio and strength training. I did push it a bit much today, so I may take a bit of a lighter time tomorrow. Oh, another plus: I've cut down big time on the caffeine :)