What are your stats? Prior and now

Options
Lorijp
Lorijp Posts: 47 Member
Hi name is Lori, I was sleeved in July 2012 in Acuna, Mexico.
I am 5'4
Prior to surgery:
weighed 244.7 lbs (day of surgery, which is the biggest I have ever been)
I wore 22-24 Pant size
2-3X shirt size
8 1/2 shoe size wide width

Current weight: toggle between 114-118 lbs.
3-5/6 size jeans--depends on the brand
small-medium shirt
7 to 7 1/2 shoe size--YES i lost weight in my feet lol

I am 18 months out and I am currently in maintenance. I toggle between 114-118 lbs. and I am good with this toggle. Maintenance in itself is a challenge. I am learning every day to better maintain and how to maintain. It's a roller coaster ride that's for sure so, it's a good thing I love roller coasters! It's been a fun ride with it's ups and downs but more than anything it's been life changing for me. I have learned many things through this journey, one being that I was a sweetaholic! I have not had cake, donuts, candy bar, cobbler...for 18 months! I learned just how much I craved and wanted sweets and how I had no boundaries concerning them. For me, it's not about just losing weight but about learning to eat differently so that I do not find myself in that situation again. I am continually learning that it's not just about the quantity of food I eat but what I am eating that makes the difference in staying healthy and keeping the weight off. I feel I will ever be learning in this area. I learn from each and every one of you.

I am loving this journey to a healthier me! I feel so much better and have so much more energy. One of the best decisions I have ever made was being sleeved and learning to eat differently.

Excited to hear what your stats are and where you are on this journey :smile:

Replies

• Lorijp
    Options
    I had my RNY in Sept 2012 here in the states (Thank goodness for good insurance).
    I'm 5.9.

Prior to surgery:
    Weight: 340
    Shirt size: XXXL
    Pants size: Mens 48
    11.5 shoe.

Current:
    Between 201 and 205.
    Shirt: L
    Pants: 34 !!!!
    10.5 shoe

17 months out from surgery, and I guess I would be considered maintenance. I'm happy with my weight, but doctors really want another 20 out of me. Maintenance is not easy. You still have to put the work in. Regardless of what surgery you have, the weight loss is not automatic. You still have to put the work in. My medical posse stressed to me the importance of being vigilant and paying attention to your body. 50% of WLS patients gain all the weight back (plus some) in the first 5 years. They stressed that I should view the surgery as a tool to help me change my lifestyle.

Any boy has it. I love to exercise. I have joined a gym, participate in group training classes, and spend about 5 hours a week in the gym. I can run three miles in about 24 minutes. I can pass the Marine Corps physical standards. ( 8 pullups, 3 mile run in 28 minutes, and 100 crunches in 2 minutes). I can run along side my daughter while she's learning to ride her trike! I can clean house all day and never get out of breath. I love my new life and I wouldn't take it for anything. It was absolutely the best choice for me!

What a great loss! I agree 100% that it's only a tool to help but it's only life changing if we learn to eat differently and do things different. It's insane to lose weight and yet never change the way you eat obviously you will gain the eight back. You have done amazingly!
  • Lorijp
    Options
    Prior to surgery:
    Weight: 399
    Shirt size: 4X
    Pants size: 4X (I'd outgrown the size 32 that was available at Catherine's and refused to order online or have pants tailored)
    10 shoe.

Current:
    Between 182-185.
    Shirt: M
    Pants: 10
    9.5 shoe

4.5 years out from Garstric Bypass
    19 months post baby

Awesome topic! Love it :heart:

Awesome accomplishment! It's so encouraging reading the stats! Hats off to a healthier you!
  • csmccord
    csmccord Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this awesome topic Lori! :drinker:
    I have a size 5 foot though so I'm a little worried now! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think it's really more the width that makes the difference. I think I was getting bigger shoes to make up for the wide feet. I also theorize that since I have less weight pushing on my feet, they don't flatten out as much. Can't find anything to prove that though.
  • csmccord
    csmccord Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I had my RNY in Sept 2012 here in the states (Thank goodness for good insurance).
    I'm 5.9.

Prior to surgery:
    Weight: 340
    Shirt size: XXXL
    Pants size: Mens 48
    11.5 shoe.

Current:
    Between 201 and 205.
    Shirt: L
    Pants: 34 !!!!
    10.5 shoe

17 months out from surgery, and I guess I would be considered maintenance. I'm happy with my weight, but doctors really want another 20 out of me. Maintenance is not easy. You still have to put the work in. Regardless of what surgery you have, the weight loss is not automatic. You still have to put the work in. My medical posse stressed to me the importance of being vigilant and paying attention to your body. 50% of WLS patients gain all the weight back (plus some) in the first 5 years. They stressed that I should view the surgery as a tool to help me change my lifestyle.

Any boy has it. I love to exercise. I have joined a gym, participate in group training classes, and spend about 5 hours a week in the gym. I can run three miles in about 24 minutes. I can pass the Marine Corps physical standards. ( 8 pullups, 3 mile run in 28 minutes, and 100 crunches in 2 minutes). I can run along side my daughter while she's learning to ride her trike! I can clean house all day and never get out of breath. I love my new life and I wouldn't take it for anything. It was absolutely the best choice for me!

Oh, forgot to mention, my insurance was Carefirst BCBS. Other than the six month nutrition class that was required by my surgical group it was co-pays only. All in all, I paid about $500 for the entire surgery, with 250 of that being the co-pay for the surgery itself. My wife had her's done in July 2012, and we planned it out. When shopping our employer's insurance options, we went through the fine print to find out which would approve us as being morbidly obese individuals. We got lucky in that Carefirst does indeed approve those that are morbidly obese. I'm not sure what my wife's BMI was, but mine was 50.2 Definitely in the range of morbidly obese.
  • Skykilr1
    Skykilr1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Sleeved on 8/21/2013
    6' 360 lb 4XL shirt 48 pants tightly, 58" waist, 55" chest

Today
    6' 260 lb XL-2XL shirt, 42 pants, 48" waist, 53" chest
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    These posts are AMAZING folks!!! :love: :love: :love:
    Keep Them Coming! :happy: :drinker: :bigsmile: :smooched: :flowerforyou:
  • Lorijp
    Options
    Prior to surgery: 525 pounds @ 5'8'' day of surgery which was RNY about 8 years ago
    Waist was 66+
    Shoe was 10 extra wide

Current weight:192
    Waist size is 38 and they are fairly loose to try and conceal some loose skin
    Shoes are 9.5 medium with

Wow Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have done so awesome and you've kept it off! I'm just in awe at the amount of weight you have lost :)
  • Lorijp
    Options
    Wow what amazing transformations!! Everyone is doing so GREAT!! It's encouraging to see how others are doing. Thanks for responding! I LOVE all the accomplishments!
  • aimeef12
    aimeef12 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Starting weight was 284
    height 5'6
    size 3x shirts
    pants had no idea wore leggings or maternity jeans since i had a fat belly and small legs if i had to guess a size i would say 22 or 24
    ring size 9
    show sizd 8.5 or 9

NOW
    weight 190
    lost 94 lbs
    size large or Xl in shirts
    size 14 in jeans most are loose havent went out to buy size 12's yet
    ring size 7
    shoe size 8

biggest NSV was not needing plus sizes anymore im 26 and as a younger plus size woman it was very hard to find fashionable clothing at an affordable price, clothing for plus sizes was ridiculously over priced. Its amazing to be able to go to forever 21 or H&M and get cute stuff dirt cheap. I just had my band slip and i may need to have a revision and im contemplating giviing these last 35 lbs a go on my own.