Introduce yourself!

Options
caradae
caradae Posts: 743 Member
Hi! I'm caradae. I've lost about 20 pounds doing this challenge. I lost it all last summer and haven't lost much since, but I haven't gained any back, which is a first for me.

I've made some changes to the challenge this month (most notably, I won't be purging the group anymore) and look forward to hearing any comments or concerns. Also, I would love to hear any ideas anyone has about how the group might run more smoothly.

Replies

• Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Glenda, I tried this challenge in February and managed to get to the 27th before I went off the rails and ate all the carbs. That being said, I do feel that this challenge kept me in control during my best friends illness and unexpected death. I probably would have eaten my weight in Girl Scout cookies if it wasn't for UAC.

Anyway, good luck and let's do this thing.
    I hope to gain new friends and lose some pounds in March.
  • Fit2BeFly
    Fit2BeFly Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Fit2BeFly (Lynnette). I ran across this group while searching for another. I have been challenging myself for a while, with little accountability. I need this challenge and plan to finish it. Ready to take charge of my emotional eating and stop feeling sorry for myself. Perfect timing.
  • Kathrynrbg
    Kathrynrbg Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kathryn. This is exactly what i was looking for. Let´s make it happen girls.
  • iceangel1992
    Options
    Hi my name is Iceangel1992 A.K.A Jennay, I have trouble holding myself accountable, and try to use excuses to justify things. I am getting tired of it, and tired of my unhealthy over weight life style, I came across this group and hope it will help me on my journey to lose weight and start a healthier lifestyle.

I am so sorry to hear about your friend gjhuntley, that's a tough thing to go through.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. But today is a gift, and that is why it's called the present.
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Be - I have done this challenge since Oct I think, and last month Feb. I blew it. SO I am back, March here we come! :noway: :grumble: Lots of great people here. Many I have known for a bit. I so hope we meet and make new friends again this time around! :blushing:
  • kathryne01
    kathryne01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kathryne this my first time doing this challenge. Have used myfitnesspal before but found it difficult to keep up. I hope this helps.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

My name is Rose. This is my first time doing a challenge like this. I'm excited to do this!
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Hope I can make it for this month. Macros change to provide some flexibility!
  • santababy23
    santababy23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Ana and I am 23 years old. I have signed up for many challenges on MFP but I am never able to keep so I end up leaving a challenge after a while. I did lose 15 pounds back in October 2013 but although the scale said 15 pounds lighter, I didn't see any major changes in my body so I quit and I gained back about 5 pounds. I am currently not at my heaviest but it is still pretty bad. I think this accountability challenge is perfect for me because I love to make excuses and I do better when there are strict rules in place.

Good luck to everyone and let's do this.
  • BelgianBelle
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I first tried this last month and got through the first week before screwing up - my hope is to do much better this month!
  • BelgianBelle
    Options
    Glenda,
    So sorry to hear about your friend and your loss.
  • nigelwood3
    Options
    Hi All

I'm Nigel the group's token male :-) I completed the February challenge and lost 13 pounds in the process.
    I tend to withdraw from the world when I'm dieting, social events are where I'm most likely to slip up. That will make March a real challenge, I'm visiting family abroad for week at the end of March.

Good luck everyone.
  • Luckee_me
    Options
    Glenda,
    So sorry to hear about your friend and your loss.

Thank you so much.
  • Luckee_me
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I first tried this last month and got through the first week before screwing up - my hope is to do much better this month!

We got this!
  • Luckee_me
    Options
    Hi my name is Iceangel1992 A.K.A Jennay, I have trouble holding myself accountable, and try to use excuses to justify things. I am getting tired of it, and tired of my unhealthy over weight life style, I came across this group and hope it will help me on my journey to lose weight and start a healthier lifestyle.

I am so sorry to hear about your friend gjhuntley, that's a tough thing to go through.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. But today is a gift, and that is why it's called the present.

Thank you so much.
    I love your quote and we can all rock March together.
  • KatM2014
    KatM2014 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm Kat, I live in Scotland working as a research and insight exec for a marketing company, which is high stress and lots of sitting on my backside!! I'm lucky in that all my hobbies keep me super active, I cycle to work most days, I love to run and do zumba, I'm falling back in love with strength training and, most of all, I have a cracking little horse that keeps me active!

I got to about the half way point last month, but working away got the better of me. At the end of this month I have my first show-jumping and dressage competition since I was a kid, so I'm hoping this will keep me on track fitness wise so I can rock it! I'm also hoping to FINALLY finish C25K this month!

Good luck everyone!!
  • caroljayne
    caroljayne Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Carol. Pleased to be joining you all for the challenge. My husband died last month, I need something to focus on and stop me from comforting eating. I've joined my local gym and have a crazy spaniel that needs daily walks. Good luck everyone xxx
  • GMStb10
    GMStb10 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to the group and hoping to make some new friends to support my weight lose goal with people in a simular frame of mind.
    I'm an emotional eater and every time I feel life is out of control my eating matches it (totally out of control), like many of you here I'm tired of it. I also dont get much support from home and need an accountability kick up the bum.
    I'm a size 18-20 (have been most of my life) and my long term goal is to be a size 10.
    Feel free to add me and we can be each others cheer leaders when hitting little mile stones eg going to the gym, not eating chocolate and staying in calorie counts, which is really hard work.
  • Luckee_me
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Carol. Pleased to be joining you all for the challenge. My husband died last month, I need something to focus on and stop me from comforting eating. I've joined my local gym and have a crazy spaniel that needs daily walks. Good luck everyone xxx

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.
  • PSGPolly
    PSGPolly Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone- Polly here: I dipped out early on last month- my first attempt. I lost a lot of weight in 2010/11 but still have a way to go and a year of going up and down the scales. I had surgery last year, nearly lost my life and did not realise how long it would take to recover. I want to run a half marathon in three months time but know I need to be at least 10kg lighter. I ran it last year at that weight, came last but made it within the cut off so I want to better my time and my weight. I have changed my profile picture back to my "before" photo until I am back down to where I was. Hoping it motivates me to make the kind of changes I still need to make so that I never go back to that half life.
    Good luck everyone. Never give up, never excuse, always persevere!