POF

Options
krash999
krash999 Posts: 476 Member
Well, I've joked about it to some of my friends, but the more I think about it, the more I feel it's not a joke. What I am talking about is I said "I'm gonna go look on POF and see who will be the next person who is going to ignore me after I message them."

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Get over it.

This weird sense of entitlement that people have toward internet interactions is ridiculous. No one owes you a response, and everyone gets ignored by people that don't believe the sender is compatible.

what you can do is see what makes you a better match, and to represent yourself in an honest, but more desirable way. What are the introductory messages you are sending?
  • krash999
    Options
    They are all different, normally something pertaining to what they have written in their about me section. And You misunderstood my post, I'm not really complaining, I was mearely sharing the humor I find in my dating life, or should I say lack thereof.. :-)
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    The main reasons I ignore guys:

~I dont find him attractive
    ~I dont find his profile appealing
    ~He has pets (I'm allergic)
    ~He doesn't have a pic on his profile
    ~He lives too far away

I'm pretty sure I get ignored for similar reasons.

If you're not having any luck, perhaps you need to rewrite your profile? Approach different types of women? Try a different approach? Try a different site?

Just some food for thought........
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Along the same lines... I'd like some thoughts on guys who show up VERY LATE for meetings/dates. I'm talking longer than 15 minutes. Some up to an hour.

Go...
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    Along the same lines... I'd like some thoughts on guys who show up VERY LATE for meetings/dates. I'm talking longer than 15 minutes. Some up to an hour.

Go...

No texting to let you know? No excuses? They just turn up late and dont say anything? That's just rude and disrespectful!! I wouldnt wait past half an hour anyhow......:noway:
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    They do text or call and say they are on the way but still. My thing is, if they knew they couldn't make it for that time don't set it for that time! If I didn't have to travel an hour to meet these guys I'd be gone in a flash! I think they are being rude. Had one today was an hour and a half late! He showed up as I was finishing my lunch. You can be quite sure I will NOT be seeing or talking to that guy again.
  • krash999
    Options
    There is no excuse for being that late. I like to leave early for a date, and I'll wait somewhere and waste my time rather than wasting someone else's time. And what's worse than being late, is getting stood up. I mean seriously???? That really sucks. At least let a person know you aren't gonna make it. Don't make them wait for you and just not show up.....
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    They do text or call and say they are on the way but still. My thing is, if they knew they couldn't make it for that time don't set it for that time! If I didn't have to travel an hour to meet these guys I'd be gone in a flash! I think they are being rude. Had one today was an hour and a half late! He showed up as I was finishing my lunch. You can be quite sure I will NOT be seeing or talking to that guy again.

Well, if he texts and has a reasonable excuse, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. But then again, I'm not to hung up on punctuality like some people are. I'm a bit of a late person myself. But yeah, even for me over half an hour is rude!
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    There is no excuse for being that late. I like to leave early for a date, and I'll wait somewhere and waste my time rather than wasting someone else's time. And what's worse than being late, is getting stood up. I mean seriously???? That really sucks. At least let a person know you aren't gonna make it. Don't make them wait for you and just not show up.....

Never stood anyone up so dont understand the reasons behind it. I had one guy stop returning my texts about 2 hours before we were supposed to meet. So I didnt actually turn up but still, I felt stood up. He recently contacted me to say he lost his bottle........so I suppose that's a good reason? :laugh: :huh:
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Very late is definitely not ok........I was stood up once--the guy texted to say he was on his way, and then never showed......really lousy move I thought......

Anna......what does "lost his bottle" mean?
  • krash999
    Options

Never stood anyone up so dont understand the reasons behind it. I had one guy stop returning my texts about 2 hours before we were supposed to meet. So I didnt actually turn up but still, I felt stood up. He recently contacted me to say he lost his bottle........so I suppose that's a good reason? :laugh: :huh:

its been years since i actually went on a first date, but i have been stood up twice so far in my "dating career". One claimed she forgot she was supposed to go out with me, and wasnt home when i went to pick her up(this was actually on a second date). the other claimed a family emergency as the reason, she tried to set up another meet, then she just stopped messaging me... oh well.... i guess thats is life....
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    Very late is definitely not ok........I was stood up once--the guy texted to say he was on his way, and then never showed......really lousy move I thought......

Oooop, sorry Moe - that's slang for 'he got scared'! ' Lost his balls'? That might be more of an American way of saying it?? lol
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

Oooop, sorry Moe - that's slang for 'he got scared'! ' Lost his balls'? That might be more of an American way of saying it?? lol

"cold feet" would be another one.
    I thought "lost his bottle" stood for "lost his mind" :laugh:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    haha Cesar! Not a bad guess, but no, I think his mind is intact, just his balls and his feet are in question!! :laugh:
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I've never been stood up or stood anyone up. Somewhere around age 20, I was on a first date with a gal. She told me how a guy she was on a date with went to the bathroom and never came back. I couldn't imagine anyone doing such a thing. Two dates later, she was so annoying and offensive that I debated doing it myself.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    I've never been stood up or stood anyone up. Somewhere around age 20, I was on a first date with a gal. She told me how a guy she was on a date with went to the bathroom and never came back. I couldn't imagine anyone doing such a thing. Two dates later, she was so annoying and offensive that I debated doing it myself.

:laugh: I must admit, there was one date that I wanted to jump out the bathroom window too!! I guess we're just too nice to do such a thing David.....lol :bigsmile:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I have never been stood up and I have never stood anyone else up. I find being late can only be excused up to a half hour and they pretty much need a dr. note by that time. Anything after 15 mins pretty much means the guy better be awesome on the date. I am a stickler for being on time and have given up on friendships with people that are always late.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I have never been stood up and I have never stood anyone else up. I find being late can only be excused up to a half hour and they pretty much need a dr. note by that time. Anything after 15 mins pretty much means the guy better be awesome on the date. I am a stickler for being on time and have given up on friendships with people that are always late.
    I'm a late person, only befriends/dates late people because others get pissed off.
    I'm rushing all week long at work, so I'm not going to rush for my leisure time. :happy:
    Late in life, late in bed. That's not all bad you see.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    I'm a late person, only befriends/dates late people because others get pissed off.
    I'm rushing all week long at work, so I'm not going to rush for my leisure time. :happy:

But even you wouldnt be an hour late, would you? I'm a late person too, but I think that's taking the piss.........lol
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

I don't rush I just plan so I have enough time to get somewhere. If I know I can be some place by 7pm I will usually ask someone to meet at 7:15 so that gives a cushion for bad traffic, can't find my shoes, etc. So if I am already planning a 15 minute cushion into the time and that person is an extra 30 mins late that is 45 mins I could have spent doing something else.