Corn used my man-parts as a speedbag

Options

Replies

• Janyaa
    Janyaa Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just heard about and joined this group and wanted to say that I found this post refreshing! I'm very new to MFP and have just started my "lifestyle change."

I'd like to think I have a fair amount of common sense, however I realize I risk falling for a few myths as I learn the ropes. Looking forward to reading back posts and learning as much as I can from this group!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Love it. I tend to eat low-carb during the week but don't kill myself on days like today where I have a bag of chips and some cheesecake either.

Find what works for you and do it. If it stops working, adjust and measure. Rinse and repeat.
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    WOW!! I needed that!! Thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Bumping this up to save it. Although with the title, I'm going to forget what the #$@% it's about!
  • shortnsweetbb
    Options
    Bumping this up to save it. Although with the title, I'm going to forget what the #$@% it's about!

^^^^This exactly!!!! :):):)^^^^^
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    "Just because you saw it in a documentary doesn't mean it's a good idea or even remotely research-based."

THIS! And ALL of it, But THIS!

Thanks, just joined this Group today, been reading the threads and loving them. I am not new to MFP, I had a different account for over a year but had some issues so deleted it and started this one a few days ago. I am not new to fitness, having said that I am OPEN to learning and from what I have read so far I see lots of great stuff & support on here!
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    This is fabulous!!!
  • msdeb424
    msdeb424 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I will def need to read this again! It was the title that caught my interest! :tongue:
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    amen
    amen
    amen
    amen
    amen
    amen
    amen
    amen
    amen
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    It's funny how uncomplicated it really is and how much misinformation is out there. When I read what you are saying it just makes common sense and I think duh, why haven't I ever figured this out? I think I have a lot of common sense, but I have fallen victim to some of the hype and misinformation. In fact, someone I always held in high esteem always talks about muscle confusion and the fact you need to keep your muscles guessing. I never understood how I could confuse my muscles, they have no brain, but I bought into the theory. I love it when the information I am receiving makes sense, like yours does and it takes away the fear and complications of losing weight. I am curious though, how did you figure all this out, not questioning you, but if there is so much bogus info out there, how did you weed through it all and make so much sense out of it? BTW - I used to kind of fear losing weight (I know, weird), but I think it's because I was trying to make it so complicated and was afraid of failing over and over. Now that I know there's no secrets etc. I do not fear it anymore and it is so much easier to do and the weight is coming off. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Need to read and then remember to read again. I often forget how simple it is.
  • timg760
    timg760 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Still waiting on how the corn beat up your balls... did you ride a dirtbike thru a cornfield or something?! :tongue:
  • chasethesky125
    Options
    Really great post! Thanks for sharing :)
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Amen
  • Ranocchia
    Ranocchia Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Great post. I am happy I found this group, thanks
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I fell for a few of these over time. Thanks for the reality check. I think I might steal this and paste on my profile :-)
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options

^^^^This exactly!!!! :):):)^^^^^

OP, Can you repost the entire thread under the title: "Everything you need to know about losing weight"??
  • jaychick
    jaychick Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    I need to remind myself that more complicated does't mean more effective.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Cool beans. That's all I've got to say to such a terrific thread.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!
    Can't believe it's taken me this long to get around to reading it. ;)