What are your stats? Prior and now

Options

Replies

• dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I thought I had already posted. Good thing you aren't asking about memory...

Surgery: VSG 5/1/2013

Height 5' 6"

Prior to surgery:
    Weight: 430 (Highest ever was 475, but all stats are from 430.)
    Shirt size: 5XLT or a really tight 4XLT ( Had to have the tall sizes to be able to tuck them in.)
    Pants size: Mens 5XL - I can guarantee it was well over 60" waist. 28" Inseam
    10.5 4EW shoe.
    BMI - over 70

Current:
    As of today 2/22/2014: 289.9 lbs
    Shirt: between 2XL and XL
    Pants: 48 - I can shop in other stores than Casual Male now!
    10 2W shoe
    BMI 47.2

Daytime Oxygen discontinued. Cholesterol levels normal. Pre-diabetes gone. Blood Pressure was always good, now it is excellent.

In 5 days of vacation time last week, I walked over 40 miles per my pedometer. There is no way I could have done that a year ago. A year ago, everything HURT. Now I'm happy and starting to really LIVE again.

Edited to fix typo.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,702 Member
    Options
    Age 61 years old
    Height 5'9"

Mar'13 @ 317 pounds
    clothes size 32?
    Shoe 10 WW

Sleeved Jun'13 @ 283 pounds

Feb'14 @ 187 pounds
    Clothes size 12-14
    Shoe 9 M

Rings too large, skin too loose, exercise feels good, actually have muscles now. Wow!

Heart meds reduced
    Blood pressure & Edema meds stopped
    AFib controllable now
    Sleep apnea gone
    Memory gone (no, no, strike that!) Memory is fine :wink:
    Still no cartilage in either knee, but I can walk again, it's amazing! (Still need crutches for stairs)

Still losing.... (weight, that is, not my mind)

Happy...
  • pal00ga
    pal00ga Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    RNY May 12, 2012

I'm 5'3.

Highest Weight: 290 lbs
    Tight size 25 and 3X shirts/dresses

Day of surgery weight: 265ish

My goal was always to get to 160.
    Lowest weight: 157

Gained to 175 over the holidays.

Currently hopping between 165 - 170.
    Wear size 12s and 10s and Medium/Large shirts usually.

Just started back on my gym regimen and hope to get back down to 160 or below.
  • milkymender
    milkymender Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sleeved on 7/1/13

Height: 5'5.5"

Starting weight: 326 (January 18th 2013)
    Shirt Size: 3x
    Pant Size: 24
    Shoe Size: 11W

Day of surgery: 276

Current weight: 190
    Shirt size: M/L
    Pant Size: 12
    Shoe Size 10-11 depending on the shoe.

Recently, I gained 2lbs and it really scared me. I had slacked off on working out and counting calories, but I'm back on track now! It's amazing, I can actually jog for a while without feeling like I'm going to pass out. I also run up 6 flights of stairs at work everyday without incident.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I could read and reread this thread every day! :heart:

Awesome job to everyone who has posted. :smooched:

I love seeing the successes :smile:
  • michaeldpaulus
    michaeldpaulus Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi All

I am just beginning here. My review of the posts shows me there are some
    people in here who know how to use their WLS tool and I need help with that.

! started at 292 and am down to 277. I had been down to 262 but am on a slow up tick.

Would love to hear your stories on how you use your band our or bypass to continue to
    lose and how you address the psychological aspects of WLS -

Thanks so much

Michael Dean
  • psychokatt
    psychokatt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Okay, here it goes:

Lap band surgery: Overland Park Kansas, 12/29/11 (yes it sucked being on a liquid diet over Christmas that year)
    Highest weight known: 525 lbs
    Weight at surgery consult: 514 lbs.
    Weight at Surgery: 485 lbs
    Height: 5'11"
    shirt size: 6x
    pant size: 6x or 44W
    Shoe size: above size 12 W in women..had to wear 10.5 in men's and couldn't lace up the shoes due to lymphedema in my feet causing them to swell the size of foot balls. Had to walk with a cane.
    Ring size: 12

Now:

Weight: 352 lbs.
    Shirt size 3-4X (some 2x depending on the shirt)
    pants: 4x or 34W
    Shoe size: 11W women..and they can be laced up now..no walking with a cane anymore..yay me!
    Ring size: 9

Like many, lap band surgery saved my life...literally. I still have a ways to go to get to my goal weight..but by the grace of God, hard work, determination, and encouragement from friends and family, I'll get there...even with no fluid in my band like I have now.

It's great to see all the wonderful success stories. Way to go everyone!!!
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Surgery: Sleeved on 10/16/2013
    Highest weight: 315
    Surgery weight: 306
    Height: 5'4.5"
    Shirts: 3X
    Pants 26W
    Shoes: women's 8.5-9
    Ring size: 9

Currently:

Weight: 252
    Shirt: 2X
    Pants: 22W-24W depending on the brand
    Shoes: same
    Ring: 8.5

Can't wait for these stats to keep going down! :)
  • pocketsvvmc
    pocketsvvmc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well I am having the RNY on Monday March 17th!

I started this on January 27th at 344lbs
    I currently weigh 316.5 (surgery goal weight was 319)
    I'm 5' 51/2"
    Sz 22/24 pants
    Sz 9 shoe
    2x-3x Shirts

I can't wait to be able to update this :-)

I welcome and appreciate all advice and tips
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Well I am having the RNY on Monday March 17th!

I started this on January 27th at 344lbs
    I currently weigh 316.5 (surgery goal weight was 319)
    I'm 5' 51/2"
    Sz 22/24 pants
    Sz 9 shoe
    2x-3x Shirts

I can't wait to be able to update this :-)

I welcome and appreciate all advice and tips

Good luck. Let us know how everything is going.
  • Skykilr1
    Skykilr1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    *From Feb 2 or so,
    Sleeved on 8/21/2013
    6' 360 lb 4XL shirt 48 pants tightly, 58" waist, 55" chest

Today
    6' 260 lb XL-2XL shirt, 42 pants, 48" waist, 53" chest

Updated 1 1/2 months later
    Now 249 lb L-XL shirt 38 pants, 45" waist, 50" chest.

For those who get discouraged when the scale stops moving then stop checking it. Especially when you are exercising, all sorts of changes are going on with your body. I lost 100 lbs with little exercise, during that I lost 3 men's pant size. Great! Once I really started exercising I was discouraged. I "only" lost 11 lbs in 1 1/2 months, boo-hoo for me. Then I decided to buy some clothes and Holy Schmit! During that little 11 Lb loss I lost 2 pant sizes and 1 size in shirts. Checked that I had lost 3" off my stomach and another 3" off my chest. Stick with your doctors plan, work hard and don't get depressed. Keep doing what you're supposed to be doing. Don't assume that you have failed.
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Updated 1 1/2 months later
    Now 249 lb L-XL shirt 38 pants, 45" waist, 50" chest.

For those who get discouraged when the scale stops moving then stop checking it. Especially when you are exercising, all sorts of changes are going on with your body. I lost 100 lbs with little exercise, during that I lost 3 men's pant size. Great! Once I really started exercising I was discouraged. I "only" lost 11 lbs in 1 1/2 months, boo-hoo for me. Then I decided to buy some clothes and Holy Schmit! During that little 11 Lb loss I lost 2 pant sizes and 1 size in shirts. Checked that I had lost 3" off my stomach and another 3" off my chest. Stick with your doctors plan, work hard and don't get depressed. Keep doing what you're supposed to be doing. Don't assume that you have failed.[/quote]

GREAT ADVICE AND GOOD WORK!!!
  • ILoatheDieting
    ILoatheDieting Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just had surgery on February 13, 2014.

I am 5'3" and was 325 lbs before surgery. 3X shirt, 26 pants...both were getting very snug!
    Shoe size 9 - let's hope I don't lose any shoe sizes cuz I got all crazy and bought lots of boots when I knew I was having surgery. Who else is excited to be able to wear boots that fit over their calves?!?! :tongue:

6 weeks out I am at 287 (as of this morning!).

I have been very lucky and had no complications and no problems with any foods staying down...although I have felt nauseous a couple times after eating too much too fast.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Pat. I had my sleeve July 21, 2011. Stats:

5' 7", 386 pounds prior to surgery, size 4X (32/34)

Since surgery I have lost 159 pounds (so far she said with determination!) and gone down to a size XL (18). My goal weight is 160 so I have 67 pounds to go.

My shoe size didn't change lengthwise, but all my shoes are too wide now. :-)) Unfortunately I've been wearing Birkenstocks and Danskos for years, really expensive shoes to just donate and replace!
  • Mell0566
    Mell0566 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had VSG on 03/24/2014 at St. Alexius in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield of Illinois
    Height: 5 ft 4 in
    Starting weight: 358
    Day of Surgery weight: 330
    Current Weight (as of 04/04/14): 312
    Top Size: 3X/4X, 26/28
    Pants Size: 26/28
    Shoe Size: 10w

Not in any smaller sizes yet, but trench coat I couldn't button in Jan. I can now button and tie the sash (w/o any gaping!) I am also able to wear some of my button-up blouses as blouses instead of as over shirts for tank tops. My bras are fitting properly instead of my cups running over.

I am only a few weeks post-surgery, and I have joined a gym and will start working with a trainer on Friday. I am excited for my future, and really appreciate reading everyone else's posts.
  • JenaOnTrack74
    Options
    I had VSG on 03/24/2014 at St. Alexius in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield of Illinois
    Height: 5 ft 4 in
    Starting weight: 358
    Day of Surgery weight: 330
    Current Weight (as of 04/04/14): 312
    Top Size: 3X/4X, 26/28
    Pants Size: 26/28
    Shoe Size: 10w

Not in any smaller sizes yet, but trench coat I couldn't button in Jan. I can now button and tie the sash (w/o any gaping!) I am also able to wear some of my button-up blouses as blouses instead of as over shirts for tank tops. My bras are fitting properly instead of my cups running over.

I am only a few weeks post-surgery, and I have joined a gym and will start working with a trainer on Friday. I am excited for my future, and really appreciate reading everyone else's posts.
    Wow what a great start! Congratulations! Have fun with the trainer, you got this! :bigsmile:
  • smileitmakespeoplewonder
    Options
    Hi All...My name is Monisha

I am 5'7
    Prior to surgery:
    weighed 385.6 lbs
    I wore 34-36 Pant size
    3X shirt size
    10 shoe size wide width

Current Stats:
    Weigh 196
    Size 14/16 Pants
    Medium / Large Shirt
    8 1/2 Shoe Size

I'm still losing 21 months post op and hoping to lose another 20-30 lbs.
  • jkern9110
    jkern9110 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Great thread...really enjoyed reading about everyone's accomplishments!

Jessica, Current Age is 26
    VSG on 9/10/2013
    Weight: 298.4 lbs
    Shirt: 3x
    Pants: 24-26
    Shoe: 8
    Ring: 10.5

31 weeks post op on 4/14/2014, 74 lbs lost!
    Weight: 224.4
    Shirt: XL
    Pant: 16
    Shoe: 7.5-8
    Ring: 8.5

non-scale victory: fitting comfortably in the seat and seat belt on an airplane.
  • AprilBhappy
    AprilBhappy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is April,
    I had the Roux-N-Y gastric bypass in 2011. I live in Kansas city, Kansas side.
    I was 251 at my highest. I am now 147. I am working my way back to 140.
    I still can't recognise myself in the mirror sometimes at the way i look now. I still
    eat things I am not supposed to, but I am doing great. I walk and go to Jazzercise.
    My mom and sister have also had the surgery too. My sister had hers in 2007 and then
    got pregnant and gain a bunch of weight back. My mom had hers 4 years ago and has maintained.
    My main reason for having the surgery is that I got Breast cancer at age 38 and fat stores estrogen and
    my cancer was fed by estrogen. I have hardly any saggy skin except my arms, but not too bad.
    Just in the last year did i gain 10 pounds and developed ulcers in my tummy. so now i am on a
    acid reducer and am fine. I had to stop drinking coffee as well. this was really hard. I drink decaf now.
    I am also 46 now and am cancer free and also most back to 140 where i want to stay. I am trying to find the
    right balance of proteins and carbs. I am working with a dietician at my surgeons office. she is great!
    She told me to use this site to log my food. That is about it for me.
  • JenaOnTrack74
    Options
    Hi my name is April,
    I had the Roux-N-Y gastric bypass in 2011. I live in Kansas city, Kansas side.
    I was 251 at my highest. I am now 147. I am working my way back to 140.
    I still can't recognise myself in the mirror sometimes at the way i look now. I still
    eat things I am not supposed to, but I am doing great. I walk and go to Jazzercise.
    My mom and sister have also had the surgery too. My sister had hers in 2007 and then
    got pregnant and gain a bunch of weight back. My mom had hers 4 years ago and has maintained.
    My main reason for having the surgery is that I got Breast cancer at age 38 and fat stores estrogen and
    my cancer was fed by estrogen. I have hardly any saggy skin except my arms, but not too bad.
    Just in the last year did i gain 10 pounds and developed ulcers in my tummy. so now i am on a
    acid reducer and am fine. I had to stop drinking coffee as well. this was really hard. I drink decaf now.
    I am also 46 now and am cancer free and also most back to 140 where i want to stay. I am trying to find the
    right balance of proteins and carbs. I am working with a dietician at my surgeons office. she is great!
    She told me to use this site to log my food. That is about it for me.

Thank you for posting! You are obviously a fighter, so I know you will see 140 very soon! :happy: