When's Your Next Half Marathon?

Options

Replies

• montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    My next Half Marathon is the Salt Lake City Half in April. I haven't been running well for the last 7 months, so I'm hoping to finish anywhere between 2:20 and 2:30. I'm not a fast runner even on my best days, but I always finish! :happy:

This race will be my 14th half marathon since April of 2010.

I run three days a week (two short runs, one long run) and I started the T25 workouts (3 to 4 days a week) to help with strength training.
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    October 2014

What's your goal time? FINISHING!

Is this your first? Yes.

How much training are you doing a week? I am going to crossfit 3 to 4 times a week and running 3 to 4 times a week. Hoping to add in an extra run starting in march.

Longest Distance to date: 7.5 miles

Doing a 5k in march, and a 10k in april.. then the summer is just training time... mostly on the TM because I am in Louisiana and it is really freakin hot here.

Becs
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Date: March 23rd - Comox Valley Half

Goal: around 2:30 (slow)

First: lost count

Training: 3 days a week

Longest distance: just under 17 km so far

Next: 10km in April, maybe another Half in Victoria in October...haven't decided....
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Beginning of May, I think? I forget exactly. But I have a full on March 29th, so I should be fine.
  • TheMobileMom
    TheMobileMom Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    What's your goal time? 2:10

Is this your first? This is my second (Running USMC Historic Half, Fredericksburg VA - May 18); Ran my first 12/8/13 in 2:14 (Blue and Gray Half, Fredericksburg)

How much training are you doing a week? Running 4x/week (Using Hal Higdon's Novice2. May move up to Intermediate, which means running 5x/week) Joined a group on FB with other local ladies who are training. Excited to train with *someone*, I trained alone for my first.
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    First one for 2014 was Jan 26th - Celebration Half, next one coming up DC Rock n Roll Half Mar 15th

What's your goal time? It WAS to finish 2:15 but now it is just to cross the finish line, not setting any PR's with this semi injured knee

Is this your first? This will be my 4th one.

How much training are you doing a week? lately, very little running (maybe 10-12 miles a week) due to my problematic knee for the past 3 weeks, but I've been doing lot of other cardio (spin, elliptical, swimming) to try and make up for the low mileage.
  • RushBabe_214
    Options
    My race is on April 5th.

What's your goal time? To finish. :wink: But under 2:30 would be nice.

Is this your first? Yes, this will be my first race and my first half-marathon.

How much training are you doing a week? I'm running 3 days/week. 4.5 miles on Tues. and Thur. with longer runs on Saturday. I'm set to run 9 miles tomorrow - my longest run ever.
  • gooserocks85
    gooserocks85 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm running my first half mary race on 3/23 (Oakland Running Festival).

My goal is to finish in under 3 hours.

Training? I joined a running group, and that really helped with the weekend long runs. I had a hard time sticking to the weekday plan, though. Some weeks I only got the long run in. I'm actually more excited to run my next race (the SF half in July), and do the training right this time!
  • anusakatsoulis
    Options
    Hi fellow runners,
    Running my first half marathon on May 4th. My goal is to finish under 2:20. I'm running just 3 times per week, this week I will do 17 miles. Did anyone run only 3 times per week and managed to finish in a decent time? I am doing some strenght training on my days off and a loy of brisk walking, but I think I'd need an extra day of running... Happy running everybody!!!!
  • rdennisjr
    rdennisjr Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Running my 2nd HM April 27th - the Gambler in Council Bluffs, IA. Goal is about 2:05 which is better than my first one of 2:19:57 last spring. Running about 20-25 miles/week. Also in the gym for cross-fit type stuff 3-5 days a week.

My 3rd is going to be a week later - May 4th, the Lincoln, NE HM. Goal is to be close to last year since it's my second HM 7 days. My wife is running it as her first HM so whatever pace she sets I'm going!
  • Eringettingfit8
    Options
    Hey runners! I just signed up for the Diva Half Marathon taking place Oct 5. This will be my second. My first half took place on a rough snowy, windy day this past December so my time was nearly 3 hours. (Not that I am upset with that, for my first half, my goal was just to finish!) I am aiming for 2:30 this time around. My current training schedule I have planned out is a short run 2x a week and a long run on Sat. Cross training 2x a week (elliptical, zumba class, strength, etc) and a long walk on Sundays. Good luck everyone!
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Next 1/2 is March 29th (only 3 days from today!): Pensacola Naval Air Station Rock n Fly Half Marathon.

This will be my 3rd 1/2 marathon. As with all my "races" I have but 3 goals:
    (1) Show up on time
    (2) Finish uninjured & vertical
    (3) Cross finish line before they take down the "FINISH" banner

If I accomplish all the above, I'd like to finish under 2:20 (previous times: 1st: 2:25 & 2nd 2:22)

I train 3x a week...two 4-mile runs during the weekdays and a progressive long run on the weekend (working up to a 13.1 mile run that finishes 2 weeks prior to the race, then taper to a 5 mile run the weekend before). I run/walk by running 1 mile and walking 1 minute. I cross-train by attending a 1hr cardio/weight class 2x a week and walking 2-3x a week about 5K.

I dropped 90 pounds and went into "Maintenance Mode" last year at this time. I use signing up and training for races as part of my maintenance strategy. This 1/2 marathon will mark my one-year anniversary on maintenance.

My ultimate goal is to run the Disney World full marathon on the month of my 60th Birthday (Jan 2015). I started a blog about the year leading up to this goal: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/boatsie77

Good luck to everyone in training...wishing you all "Uninjured and Vertical Success!"
  • gracey422
    gracey422 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am signed up for the Brooklyn Half on 5/17. It'll be my first. Goal is 2:45.
    Training has been tough with the never ending winter we had on the east coast. I just started a couple of "long" runs (~6 miles) and will need to add in a couple of shorter runs during the week now. I'm targeting about 12 miles this week and will try to build up to about 18 miles over the next 6 weeks. I also strength train and yoga a couple of times a week. Hopefully I'll be ready!
    Good luck everyone! :)
  • bmondloch
    bmondloch Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Next 1/2 is March 29th (only 3 days from today!): Pensacola Naval Air Station Rock n Fly Half Marathon.

This will be my 3rd 1/2 marathon. As with all my "races" I have but 3 goals:
    (1) Show up on time
    (2) Finish uninjured & vertical
    (3) Cross finish line before they take down the "FINISH" banner

If I accomplish all the above, I'd like to finish under 2:20 (previous times: 1st: 2:25 & 2nd 2:22)

I train 3x a week...two 4-mile runs during the weekdays and a progressive long run on the weekend (working up to a 13.1 mile run that finishes 2 weeks prior to the race, then taper to a 5 mile run the weekend before). I run/walk by running 1 mile and walking 1 minute. I cross-train by attending a 1hr cardio/weight class 2x a week and walking 2-3x a week about 5K.

I dropped 90 pounds and went into "Maintenance Mode" last year at this time. I use signing up and training for races as part of my maintenance strategy. This 1/2 marathon will mark my one-year anniversary on maintenance.

My ultimate goal is to run the Disney World full marathon on the month of my 60th Birthday (Jan 2015). I started a blog about the year leading up to this goal: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/boatsie77

Good luck to everyone in training...wishing you all "Uninjured and Vertical Success!"

Best of luck on your race tomorrow. You should be very proud of what you have accomplished. Awesome job.
  • xcmum
    xcmum Posts: 136
    Options
    Tomorrow will be my 2nd half, it's just a little more than a half and it's trail so i'm hoping for under 2:30.

I've also signed up for number 3 which is May 18th. Since this is on road i'll be looking for under 1:55
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on your race tomorrow. You should be very proud of what you have accomplished. Awesome job.

Thanks! Completed the race "Upright & Vertical" but short of my goal--the 90% humidity took it toll. But I managed to finish in 2:25:03 which is my 2nd best time.

a39a2801-8349-4321-b3ae-8c5f28fa3e02_zpse4b8d9ee.jpg

I plan to start training in July for my 1st full marathon taking place in January 2015; in the meantime I think I'll stick to shorter runs till after summer and then probably re-do the Pensacola 1/2 in November.

Good luck to all in their next 1/2!!
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Hi. I signed up for my 3d half marathon scheduled in Philadelphia in November. Looking forward to training for it and have the whole Spring and Summer to do so. hah!
  • SalemBoSox88
    Options
    Hokie Half, In Blacksburg VA In October. Baby Coming In July So Ill Be A Little Busy.lol
  • nebraskalaska
    nebraskalaska Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm running the Foot Traffic Flat on Sauvie Island here in Portland on July 4th and I started officially training this week. It's my first half and my first ever race.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Running my first half next Sunday, the Bridge Street Half in Huntsville, AL. I was running 6 days a week until I hurt myself. Now it's more like 4 or 5 times a week. I hope to come in around 2:10:00 maybe 2:15:00 maybe?