LET IT OUT! (The Frustrations Thread)

Options

Replies

• m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hold the course Jackie!

I spent forever on a plateau at 290-288 for MONTHS! But I am over the other side and on my way down again...heading rapidly to 100 down by EASTER!

You WILL see your ticker at 150! And soon. You know the drills, Log your food. Drink your water. Get your sleep. And keep moving as best you can. It will happen. You know better than most us!:smile:
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Jackie, focus on living a healthier life. Like Mark (I hope I got your name right!) said, log your food and drink your water, get your exercise and your rest. It WILL happen.
  • incredibleshrinkingjackie
    Options
    thank you! i know, but this whole stall thing is killing me! i have been exercising my butt off this last week so i hope to see a reduced number on the scale this thursday. but yes, i am happy with myself anyways and i still can't believe this is ME when i look in the mirror.

i am so glad to hear you finally broke your stall! we can both do this, we can all do this!
  • ariellroseb
    Options
    I guess a pound is a pound but I've been trying to eat less than 1500 calories a day and have started walking 1.5 - 2.5 miles a day if I have time. I've also started a new job - and i haven't been eating the food - which has put me on my feet another 15 hours so far and I've had musical practice as well on top of that. No red meat and no fast food. Not sure what's going on and this is my 17th day and it's been one pound total from my weigh in Monday. :/ Not sure what I'm doing wrong or if I need to do more. I determined to stick with it this time though.
  • hollyla9905
    hollyla9905 Posts: 508
    Options
    Ariel, stick to it and look back at where some things can improve it sounds like you may be over doing some stuff! Being on the go 20 hours a day Isn't always the best! Your body needs rest and recovery time! You can do this sometimes it just takes time to find your path!
    Options
    OMG! I DID IT! I HAVE LOST 150 LBS! i am so happy! this last week i made sure to drink a protein shake every morning, tried eating a little more and exercised my butt off! i added dance lessons and went back to swimming laps and just tried to be more active during my day.

when that scale said 248 yesterday, i froze, i didn't know whether i was going to laugh or cry, lol. it still seems unbelievable that i am UNDER 250 lbs for the first time in at least 15-17 years. i am so HAPPY! thanks everyone for all the support and encouragement.
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    So I just found out that I was passed over for promotion a second time! You really have to wonder when you have worked your *kitten* off for 4 years at the same company learning every thing you can as quickly as you can why you really bother... Apparently just being ok at your job is enough! I am not sure which of the two other people I lost too, but I certain if they picked this one lady over me I will quit my job immediately! Otherwise I'm quitting in June! My husband and I had to choose who quit their jobs because his job is 1.5 hours from our house, so we either need to move or he needs to quit! We let this be our deciding factor if I got the promotion he would quit if not we would move closer to his work! Looks like I'm going to be country living after June!

I am really hurt that my butt bustling work ethic has gotten me basically no where!!! Maybe it's the lesson "don't be irreplaceable" I should have slacked off a lot more or something... I'm just making up excuses now anyway but I am done crying I think so I can go get the rest of my work day done and go home for my extra long weekend (don't have to come back to work until Thursday)

Hope everyone has a better day than me!
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Holly, I am so sorry! Work sucks! I just went through this and it's maddening and upsetting and ... bleh!!! Maybe you'll find something better... that treats you with more respect. The place doesn't deserve you if it won't recognize what an important asset you are. :mad:
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I had a great week of workouts and clean eating and I am still not really losing any weight! I feel so frustrated!!! I have been at 230-228 for about 4-5 months now... I lose a pound or two then gain it back and start all over again! So this week I kicked it into high gear and I am still losing and gaining the same 2lbs! I know if I stay with it, it will come off but I am trying so hard that it makes me angry that I am not doing very well...
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I had a great week of workouts and clean eating and I am still not really losing any weight! I feel so frustrated!!! I have been at 230-228 for about 4-5 months now... I lose a pound or two then gain it back and start all over again! So this week I kicked it into high gear and I am still losing and gaining the same 2lbs! I know if I stay with it, it will come off but I am trying so hard that it makes me angry that I am not doing very well...

Malia, I'll say to you the same thing I have to keep telling myself. The body will do this as the body will do it. No matter what our brains think and tell us, there are chemical processes that we have limited control over. All we can do is to NOT get frustrated and throw it all in.

Does this make me feel better? Not right now it isn't, but it is the lifeline I'm using not to soothe my sense of failure with a gallon or two of Ben and Jerry's finest creations.

My other frustration(s) are MFP based right now. I feel the need for support and ideas, but the boards I look at and post too are about dead. Little to nothing going on. Again, I want to just walk away, go find something new, but I have invested in these for almost a year now, and have come to care greatly about a lot of people on this board especially. So I lurk and try to be here for friends that call out with their need.

Maybe calling up something I have to say to a good friend from Hawaii, will give me the kick in the *kitten* that I need in NM too. I think Mark might be a better one to talk to right now. He powered through a lengthy plateau and I know fought the same demons I think we are facing.

So Malia, you aren't alone. I promise I'll grit through this, if you will. I have just under a month until my next doctor visit. I really want to be down 10 more pounds by then. It is do-able, if my body will agree. Time to go back to basics. Wadda-ya say shall we give it a run together (in cyber fashion?)
    Options
    dward59 (dan, right?), i am sorry i have not been on here very often lately. and sorry i haven't been encouraging you like i should have been. you are always there for me with a kind, supportive word when i need it.

you are almost at 150 lbs lost and that is awesome! i just hit that milestone so i know how good it feels and how frustrating it was the the last month or so, trying so hard to hit goal and bouncing those same 2 pounds around.

you are dong great and you are a very good friend to all of us in this group. keep on keeping on and i will try to be more talkative this next month.

jackie
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Dan and Jackie, I want you both to know how encouraged I, am by your accomplishments. People who have done the work and stayed the course like y'all, and like Paula and Mark, and all those who are so far ahead of me on the journey, you give me hope. I should say it more often because you deserve it...you've earned it. There are days when I think about needing to lose 115 pounds and I get terrified. It seems impossible. But then, I can say that I know people who have done it, are doing it. And not only that, but they are voluntarily helping others to do it, as well.
    I need you. And I need to remember that you need that support, too. I am guilty of taking for granted that those who have lost so much weight have beat their problems and are invincible.
    Thank you. And that goes for everyone who posts on this site. I need this connection, and I want to offer that same support to you.
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I thought I posted to this yesterday. (Somewhere an abandoned post sits, waiting for the click to set it free.)

Jackie and Leanna, I appreciate the response. It is ironic, I have gotten so busy doing things I don't check MFP as regularly as I did, but I'm whining because the posting has dropped off. I guess I should recognize this as a good thing for everyone as they feel well enough to be off the computer and working on real LIFE!

Anyway, tomorrow starts the new month. I have a business trip in less than a week that will run for eight days that I can either use to get myself back on track or will blow me further out. I'm planning on the former. Since I'm driving I will take a cooler filled with Protein drinks for the week. Quest bars for the week, and will plan on having a salad with lean protein for the last meal of the day. Since the place I'm staying has a kitchenette, I'll stock the fridge with Greek Yogurt.

If I can really spend a full week on just those things, it should help me get back into WLS eating form. I'm going to try to go mostly with similar this week at work too.

Speaking of work, I should be leaving right now! Be well everyone.
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice Dan, and I promise to grit through it as well! It's spring and it's time to get serious! I'm gonna try to think of some new weekly challenges for the group, and maybe it will help to get some of us re-motivated :drinker: Again thanks for taking the time to help a friend in need!
  • Crystallee145
    Crystallee145 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I find myself reading and not posting on the boards. The 'funny' thing is I do better when I post replies and talk about how I am doing.

So... thank you Dan for reminding me how important we are to each other in this journey.

I've had a rough March and in retrospect if I had been communicating here I may have gotten thru March a little better. :blushing: So, I will take that as a learning experience and go into April head first.

Thank you my friends and I will chat with you later
  • m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    As usual...Dan is right. * sigh *

We must not only be mindful of our needs and watchful over our wants and cravings, we must also be patient with the astoundingly complex and varied chemical processes that must occur to turn stored energy into fuel for daily life.

It took me years to get this way, it will take years to put me back to spec. I get that. Now. But first I had to wander most of the winter over a nigh endless plateau,

But the spring is here now and I am rocking a new exercise class, and upping my walkies game. ( I spend more time with my glutes and core activated and pluse the muscles when I march. It's like crunches...but without the fuss, or having to get on the floor.)

So yeah...while I did not lose much weight over the winter, I dropped a pant size and I can see a vague hint of ribs and other evidence of a human skeleton holding up flesh and blood, where once there was but waves of wobbles. Therefore I can say with confidence I have met my goal and got into shape. Because round is still a WAAAAAY better shape than amorphous blob.

But I am still working on rectangle! Watch me go!

I would not have had the strength to keep going without your help, my MFP friends and acquaintances.

Thank you to everyone who reads and posts and cheers!

I hope you too are working towards your happy geometry; whatever shape that may be.

Cheers!
    Mark
  • MichelleLee1978
    MichelleLee1978 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    ... happy geometry.. tee hee.. I love it... And congrats on your success, Mark, physically and mentally.
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I haven't been around much for about a month due to getting meds and other stuff straightened out. It's been a mess. Due to no longer working my finances are in shambles as I am lacking about $50 more a month than what I have now. This means my eating has gone to pot. I am trying to figure out how to get three meals and between 2 to 3 snacks in a day for around $5 for the entire day. Coupons I find are usually for TV dinners, french fries, and other similar foods. I find the occasional one for Yoplait! Greek yogurt, but it is good for one container, if I can even find it in the stores, which I can't, not even at Mama Jean's the local health food store. While I can afford strictly lettuce salads, which really aren't true salads, I can't exist on that. Protein is expensive as all get out locally, probably that way everywhere else too. Getting put on the lithium and the weight quickly came back on and then as I'm getting off of that I'm struggling to find a way to eat without starving and within a tight budget. Due to the lithium I had to hold off on a lot activity as it was causing the water levels to drop in my body too quickly resulting in a dramatic increase to the density of the med in my system making me sick. On that med not really supposed to spend much time in the sun, can't drink too much or flush it, yadda, yadda. So, I'm off of it, but now I have to get back into the groove with exercise along with other things. They're thinking of moving me to another city where I'd have to adjust to a lot more than just these few things. I need to get food back on track, somehow, just gotta get the math to work. Increasing activity level is at least one thing I don't have to wait to start on. I've accepted I'm going to end up at a food bank this month, but that means I'll be getting soups, pasta, rice, a loaf of white bread, and another jar of peanut butter. Oh, and I forgot. The single slice of American cheese. Just, urgh. Urgh, urgh, urgh and urgh some more. :explode:
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Maelyn, it's nice to see you post! It has to be frustrating to work all of these things out! I knew how expensive food can be and how bad it can feel on a tight budget but you can do it! Even if you have to add some not the best foods try and balance things out as best you can! I don't remember where you live so I am not sure what all your options are, but firstly you have to eat! You can work through the rest! If your limited to the cheap foods pick the best of the worst, if you do use the food bank than you can use your cash to top up on healthier foods! Canned tuna and ham are good sources of protein you can smear on your white bread and balance things out! Most grocery stores have discount areas where the fruit is really ripe buy in small groups and eat soon! And mostly don't let it get you! Vent plenty to us we are here!

Btw not sure if you ever tried to make your own soups and stuff but you can often do that for cheap! I used to do it all the time when I was on government assistance, I made my own soups and biscuits and had potted vegetables like lettuce on my balcony! It was weird but effective!
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine has decided to help me out. She has given me $50 dollars to get what I need. It has to last for awhile, but it's a start. It means my cat gets his wet food as well and the better litter just in time for my quarterly inspection. I'll be spending most of it on non-food items, but it'll still help as I have $12 left of my food budget and it'll give me $14 left out of the fifty once I pay for the cat stuff and TP, meds, transportation, etc., which should be enough to get me through until I get my next allowance check on the 17th.

I am frustrated with myself for the lack of confidence I have in a friend of mine to actually follow through with her current plan for getting in shape and losing weight. I've just watched her for so long say she is going to do something, go at it for an hour or two for an eating pattern change and five minutes for starting a new exercise regime. It's not as if I have never supported her or tried to help her. I've sat with her and gone over exercised designed to hit the areas she wants to hit, figured up together a simple exercise plan. When she talked about watching calories I gave her one of my calorie counters and we talked about portion sizes and how that can trip a person up. I offered, when I had the money, to pay for her membership to the Y that would give her access to two locations in town she could go to. We've made plans to exercise together which when the day came resulted in getting a message as to why it was no longer an option that day. I hear from her as to how she was "bad" on her eating plan. (By the way, I've come to loathe that terminology? I don't like its implications and the way I see it used.) The being "bad" statements come at least once a day, if not more, and we go over again how she needs to not skip meals and that having a third of a fifty-cent bag of sunflower seeds is not a breakfast or lunch. I've seen all of this and more for too long. As I said, I want to have faith that this time will be it and not that in a month I'll be buying her workout DVD set from her as it was too (pick a negative adjective). I think it is more to do with I just don't have the energy to go through supporting her as she tells me all the reasons she can't. She actually got rid of exercise equipment saying it didn't work, but when pressed admitted to not using it. Okay, I'm rambling now. Hopefully, this time it'll help her achieve her goals without the excuses.