clepant Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    April 3: 10.20 miles walking and cycling

TTD: 30.35 miles

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,234 Member
    Options
    Went out riding with some folks today. Didn't put in as many miles as I could but it sure is fun to ride with people. People see the darndest things when they get tired. One of the gals thought she saw a squirrel drinking from a discarded beer can. :laugh: :laugh:

Add another 19 miles for 46 out of 350.

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,234 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!
    I just started this site a couple of days ago. (still waiting on my fitbit flex grrrrr) but for now my iphone and mapmyrun are keeping track of my mileage. This sounds like a great idea since I thrive on competition!

Since I've just started I'm only going to say 20 miles this month. If I go over-more the better. Feel free to add me. Still a newbie but looking forward to losing it!

Charli - It's good to have you here. The nice thing about this site is no matter what your goal is, there are people that can help you get there. Ask Dave, Janet, Dinos or Speedy anything you need to know about using the site. These folks have been an amazing wealth of knowledge about the site. All of them are great sources of information for how to improve on your goal as well. If you really want to learn to run long distance or just be able to run from the pool to the beer cooler, there are folks here that can help you get there. Welcome. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    0.45 mile walk before tennis

exercise.png
  • JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Walked the Laurel Park Loop 3.6 miles

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,334 Member
    Options
    So tonight after I finished my spin class, I was cooling down and stretching in the side room where they do a strength training circuit class 15 minutes after my spin class finished....and dang it!! I didn't get out of there quick enough and the instructor for that class twisted my arm into joining them....OMG. I can barely move now. :laugh:

4/01 - 1.7 lunch walk, 16.0 spin class
    4/02 - 1.7 lunch walk, 6.1 stationary bike
    4/03 - 1.7 lunch walk, 12.3 spinning MTD 39.5

Dave
    MFm4m5.png
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    12.0 mile spin on the trainer tonight since I was short on time. It seemed like an eternity....mtd 21.52
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Got in 3.95 miles on the elliptical and .60 miles on the treadmill.

Total for the month 4.55 miles

exercise.png
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    4/3 - 1.04 mile walk

exercise.png
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Got the OK from my orthopedic surgeon to keep walking. Yeah!!

Seems that I have "patellofemoral pain" caused my a misalignment of my kneecap in the femoral groove. The surgeon prescribed a knee brace and continued stretching and flexibility exercises. And keep walking!!

04/03 - 1.0 miles

exercise.png
  • keninf
    keninf Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    OK, seriously fell off the normal routine and let the month end without finishing my logging- no real excuses as to why, but I can't believe I missed it! So- in for 75 miles this month, since winter finally decided to show up in California- we've had snow and very cold days, so there will be a lot more weight days and other exercise than my normal running-

exercise.png
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,385 Member
    Options
    Went out riding with some folks today. Didn't put in as many miles as I could but it sure is fun to ride with people. People see the darndest things when they get tired. One of the gals thought she saw a squirrel drinking from a discarded beer can. :laugh: :laugh:

bwahahah! Seriously...I've talked to that squirrel before! :tongue:

I get my grandpuppy tomorrow! Can't wait to go play at the school down the street. It's supposed to make it into the 80s this weekend. We shall see...

8.67 miles today.

exercise.png

Have a great Friday!

Chris
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    add another 5.07 miles

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,334 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

MEDMUSO - Welcome! :drinker: Got you added to the sheet.

2ESSIE - D'awwww!!! I :heart:love:heart: the pic of your puppy!!!

K80FLEC - I KNOW, RIGHT?!?!?! We should not still be getting snow, much less *that* much!! :noway:

ANACONDA469 - I'll GLADLY trade you my snow for your rain!!! :bigsmile::bigsmile:

MBUHLER - Yeah, if pressed to answer, I think I'd say that I personally wouldn't count circuit/interval training as miles...I don't even know how you'd estimate the distance. It's still GREAT that you're doing it though! Cross-training is SO important.

LAMLAM2013 - Check your ticker....I have you down for 350 miles as a goal, but your ticker says 52....which one of us is wrong? :bigsmile:

MARISSAFIT06 - I already had you at 15.78 miles before tonight's post....did you forget to update your ticker by chance?

CALLIOPE610 - Also called PFS (Patella-Femoral Syndrome) or more commonly AKA "Runners Knee". If you have access to weight machines at a gym, strengthening your leg muscles would help. Also....Ice, Ibuprofen, and as an alternate to a full knee brace, one of those straps that goes around your leg just under the kneecap. Use whichever "brace" works for you and feels best. For more information than you can shake a stick at....go to www.runnersworld.com and do a site search for "runner's knee" and you will get tons of helpful information. :flowerforyou:

WANDERAN - Looky there!! I waited until *after* you posted tonight to finish my update! :laugh:

Dave
  • christenafreda
    christenafreda Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm going to 70 this month!

exercise.png
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    5 miles for me today, elliptical and walking.
    And the elliptical and 1 of the walking miles were fitbit-less, since I left it attached to my work clothes, which made me quite sad, lol. Glad to know the miles still count!

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.