Introductions

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• lbmesngon
    lbmesngon Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Emily on your recent marriage! Welcome to the military family! =)
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :-D I love it already.
  • hoperochelle11
    hoperochelle11 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Hope, another Army Wife-my husband recently joined and heads off to BCT/AIT at Benning soon. We have a little girl born in Oct 2012 and twin boys born Dec 2013. I started my weight loss journey before I found out I was pregnant with our first child at 236 lbs and have had to go off and on with the pregnancies. Right now I sit at 185 with a goal of 146. I'm ready to reach a happier and healthier me and would love to find some supportive friends with lots of motivation!

Best of luck everyone! :)
  • emegburg
    emegburg Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd introduced myself a while back, but apparently not...so here goes!

My name is Elisebet, and I'm a stay-at-home mom, former teacher, Navy wife, and Army veteran. My husband is in school in Texas right now, but we've been stationed in the Hampton Roads, VA area for the last two years. After he graduates we'll be PCSing to Fort Meade, MD.

As an adult, my weight has constantly fluctuated, and while I was pregnant with my son, I ate too much and didn't exercise. My weight skyrocketed to well over 200 lbs. It's been a 2-year journey, but I weigh less now than when I first met my husband and definitely have more muscle and cardiovascular endurance. I wouldn't say I'm in the best shape of my life, but I'm working on it.

We'd like to have another child in the near future, and this time I'm determined to work out through the pregnancy and gain very little weight. I'm trying to get into a groove now! I'm 5'10" and currently 148 lbs, but I'm not focusing on the scale anymore. I'm concentrating on building muscle and losing body fat, even if the numbers on the scale stay the same or go up.
  • emegburg
    emegburg Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Emily, I love your profile photo!
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Emily, I love your profile photo!

Thank you!

You've come a long way already on your fitness goals, that's awesome! Seems like it won't be long until you're back to your Army self!
  • abrockhausen
    abrockhausen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi!I am Amy and I am an Army wife and Army veteran. We just PCSed to Fort Bragg. We have 4 kisd in our blended family. I am excited to start a new journey to a healthier, happier me. Not just focused on my weight but on my overall health. I feel like I have gained and lost the same 20 lbs over and over. I have tried other sites and diets. I want to lose atleast 50 lbs and eat healthier.
  • wenditos
    wenditos Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello, Navy Wife and WAHM so I spend allot of time alone thinking about how I should be working out more lol. I gained another 10 pounds since last summer, total bummer. I just finished physical therapy for foot and ankle issues and have been cleared for swimming and running and strength but no walking or running for me just yet. I have gained about 50 pounds since I turned 30 (currently 40) and most of it in the last 4 years since having our daughter.

I need help staying motivated to log my food and get at least 3 days of exercise in PLUS my PT exercises every other day. I keep telling myself it only takes 30days to make a habit, and yet I never seem to make it to 30 days LOL.

Currently stationed near Diamondhead / Gulfport Mississippi
  • cniemann26
    cniemann26 Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi! My name is Courtney, I am 22 years old and a military bride-to-be. My fiancé is a Specials Forces Marine currently station in Japan. We have been apart for about a year now - which has not been great on my fitness motivation. I am currently finishing my degree in Agricultural Communications. College was by far the worst thing that happened to my body. In high school I was very skinny (too skinny really) but coming to college I have gained a considerable amount of weight. Between the always available delivery services, drinking with friends, and late night eating I became more unhealthy than I have ever been. I am ready to change that!

My wedding is in September and I have about 140 days (not that I'm counting or anything) to look and feel amazing for my soon-to-be husband. I am hoping to make some friends along the way to help me stay motivated! Feel free to add me!
  • ChiefWhitesWife
    ChiefWhitesWife Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Amber. I have been with my husband since our senior year in high school. He joined the Navy right after graduation and we married 8 months later. We've been through it all together, deployments, 6 years active, two tours to Afghanistan and he is currently on his 14th year as a Navy reservist. Our oldest son will be graduating next year and plans to join right out of high school as well.
    Through all of these years I have always taken care of everyone else....except myself. I carry around weight that I am not happy with. Both of my husband's deployments to Afghanistan I lost over 40 pounds but put it back on when he returned home because we went back to our old lifestyle.
    I am trying to incorporate the healthy lifestyle we had when he was deployed, not just for myself but for my husband and our three beautiful children. I am working hard to lose this weight for good.
  • SkinnyMomma02
    SkinnyMomma02 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi all I am Active duty as well as an active duty wife. My husband and myself are both Coasties. We have been married almost 7years now and we have two handsome boys 5 and 12weeks. We are currently living In the Hampton Roads virginia area so let me know if theres anyone else in the area that wants to workout!!
  • blackjacksbaby
    blackjacksbaby Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had no idea there were community boards. It's great to find other military wives trying to lose weight. I'm a prior military member, married to one of my best friends from A school. We have two kids, and I'm a bad migraine sufferer. I ended up putting a lot of weight on because of migraine medications, and now that I'm off all meds and done having two kids, it's time to lose it!
  • jcaballero0725
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am happily married to a Navy man and we are currently on orders in Atsugi, Japan. It's been quite a roller coaster for me with my weight pretty much all my life, but with the moves and welcome/goodbye parties that went along with it. My life was headed in a pretty unhealthy and destructive direction so I decided to make a change about a year ago and haven't looked back! What a change that made inside me! I now try and challenge myself everyday and enjoy meeting others with the same mindset and/or active hobbies. Please feel free to add me as a friend, I love seeing others achieve goals and it helps me stay motivated. Cheers to us!!!
  • tattooedillini26
    tattooedillini26 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Courtney and I am marrying my Marine in September. He is currently stationed overseas in Japan and has been for the past two years while I am stuck here in the states waiting for him to get home. I am so unbelievably proud of him and am missing him like crazy! We are being stationed in Jacksonville, NC this fall. I am wanting to drop his jaw when he sees me in that airport and walking down the aisle!
  • naenae1976
    naenae1976 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! My name is Renee' and have been married to my Army soldier for 13 1/2 years (He has around 7 more years until retirement). We have 2 kiddos (DD is 12 and our DS will be 7 in July), 1 fur baby (a huge doggie), and 2 guinea pigs. We are currently in Bellevue, WA for recruiting duty (will be here until Jan 2016)

I never had too much of a weight problem until I got pregnant with our DD. I have never been this big (except when I was pregnant with my son) in my life and I hate it. I admit now, I hate exercise and love food. I am just trying to lose some weight, be happy, and be healthy for my kids and hubby.
  • PrincessPeach30
    PrincessPeach30 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    Hey, just looking for friends to socialize with on this journey! I'm from Canada and my partner is in the RCAF.
    Add if that's cool with you. If not, no biggie :)
  • LissaDebo
    LissaDebo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, my husband just deployed so I thought it would be a great time to get back on track to eating healthy and eating out less. It's my first deployment, and I didn't realize how hard it would be. But I've gotten through my first funk, and I want to stay motivated so that I can continue exercising and eating healthy. I want to lose 10 pounds for sure, but 20 pounds would be even better! I mainly want to get into healthy habits and enjoy being active.
  • crimsonsunset79
    crimsonsunset79 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Sonia and I am married to a hard working, dedicated Canadian soldier, who is currently deployed.... again... lol. He left Sept. 4th and we are hoping to have home home early spring. We have been married 12 years and have three amazing kids, but I have not been taking care of myself very well. I am sure you ladies can relate! Between deployments and trainings I spend a lot of time on my own and the army and kids always come first. I have about 70 lbs to lose, and am hoping to make a dent in it before he gets home, although he loves me no matter what I look like, I am not loving my appearance right now and am finding that I am struggling to connect to unit wives - they seem to have it all together, and/or are young and haven't had children yet, and because of his unit I rarely connect with other wives as our lifestyle is a little different and sometimes its hard to relate. Logically I know appearance should not effect me so much, but it does. He will not get an HLTA (or R&R I think they call it in the states) so I have a solid 4 months to do this.

I look forward to getting to know some of you a little, and hopefully finding and giving some support :)

S.