R_Queenie
    Scherzie

4f5710f6-70d8-4e65-b176-b20b8e986823_zpsed8faffd.jpg
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    April 11
    Green -yes
    11/30

Feeling much better today than I have since mid-march. Not 100%, but antibiotics and prednisone are working their magic on my msinis infection and bronchitis. I can breathe and my head doesn't hurt. I will take it.
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    April 11th

Green: Yes
    Total: 11/28

Blue: Yes
    Total: 11/30

Closest yet to not remaining green, had to come home from work and walk 1.5miles to stay in the green!!
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    April 11

Green: Yes! Very green and it felt good!!!
    Total 8/28

Blue; Yes

Walked the dogs today--did 2 "laps" and then took my high energy pup for a 3rd! After that we had a pretty peaceful evening!
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    April 11

Green: No
    Total: 9/28

Total: 11/31

Today it doesn't seem fair that I'm not green, but I won't exercise more to get out of the red. I have done 38 minutes of strength/core work and a 5K and I'm still not green. Flatbread pizza, cheesy fries and frozen yogurt have led to my downfall. :devil:

I am still proud of today. We managed the course walking more than 4 miles an hour and running when the kids were cheering. I also did a back/chest workout with 5 pound weights without dying. All and all good progress towards being healthy (and strong!) :bigsmile:
  • fionauu
    fionauu Posts: 52 Member
    April 11th

green: Yes 11/30

blue: Yes 11/30

went out for lunch AND dinner. i was sooooo close to being in the red. i was only 61 calories under my calorie allowance. Wish i had time for a quick workout before bed.
  • ktaylormusic
    ktaylormusic Posts: 151 Member
    April 11

Green: NO
    Total 10/25

Blue: yes

just snacky today, I don't know what was with that. Well, probably TOM, come to think of it.

oh well.
    @melissa: glad you're feeling better. that's been a long haul feeling crappy.

@kawookie wow, what a fit and active day. that's what it's all about

@all the silver medalists/award winners: YAY FOR US!

and thanks for keeping this group going
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    April 11

Green: No
    Total: 8/28

Blue: No
    Total: 9/30

I feel like I'm spiraling down! I have to use this weekend to refocuse. There is still time to salvage this month! Congrats to the Silver Medal winners!!!!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    April 11
    Green: NO
    Total: 8/25

• ktaylormusic
    ktaylormusic Posts: 151 Member
    APRIL 12
    Green: yes, 11/25
    Blue: yes 12/30

13,362 steps, one of my highest days ever, with a 5k run/walk and just walking everywhere I could today instead driving. It takes forever of course. I started thinking about how our days and schedules are so car-dependent: there's no way to have time to walk to work, for example between dropping my daughter off at school and when I've got to be there. Anyway, today's Saturday and easy to fit it all in!

a question to other fitbit users: is there a reason, really, to do the thing where you tell fitbit you're going to do an actual workout by pressing the button to start the timer? I've just been letting it tally the steps all together, whether it's running or just regular walking around... and I don't log the workout as exercise in MFP, I just let fitbit send over the steps/fitbit adjustment. Am I missing some reason that doesn't make sense?
  • R_Queenie

Total 9 /28

Total 12/30

@ktaylormusic--in answer to your fitbit question ....it depends. For some, they want to be able to log their "intentional activity"...like going for a long walk or run. If you log this as exercise (regardless of if you start the timer or not) then you will get "credit" on MFP for being active, as that is one of the goals that you identified in your settings (will work out 60 minutes 3 times a week). You can either use the timer OR you can just know you started Zumba class at 6:00 and see from your dashboard how many calories it reported. If you log the exercise, indicate the time so you don't get double credit. Hope that makes sense.

But the short answer is---you can totally keep doing it the way you have been and all will be good. :bigsmile:
  • kawookie
    April 12

Total: 10/28

Total: 12/31

I did all my meals out today and was even persuaded to eat pie, so even though I was already at 12K steps I did a 4 mile power walk. I am SURE I am green today :wink:

My fitbit actually gave me calories yesterday and so I ended up only being about 150 in the red rather than the 300+ I thought.

Spreadsheet updated
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    April 12
    Green: YES
    Total: 9/25

Total: 12/30
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    April 12
    green - yes
    12/30

Nothing spectacular for yesteray. Love reading about all y'alls fantastic accomplishments. Today, I am going to try to start running again...I think my knees probably won't let me, but there is another charity 5k I want to do in three weeks. The course is totally flat and if I can run part of that, I'll be happy. Then in July, my daughter wants me to try to run an 8k with her. With her...right...she's run cross country for 8 years. Probably, I'll walk most of that too, but what the heck...
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    April 13
    Green - yes
    13/30

I was able to run 8 one minute intervals on flat ground today with no knee pain during the run and not too much after. Will definitely need a rest day tomorrow, but that's okay. I started moving toward my goal. :bigsmile:

Working 4 10s this week because Friday is an optional work day. For me, it's a holy day of obligate fasting. It'sneasier to fast at work, but Stations of the Cross starts at two and it is easier to not go than to leave early.
  • R_Queenie

Green: Yes--Chevy style (pending my final fitbit sync...so I may land in "true green")
    Total 10/28

Blue; Yes
    Total 13/30

@MelissaPhipps---super work!!!

@Kawookie---love a green day with PIE!!!!
  • fionauu
    fionauu Posts: 52 Member
    April 12

Green: Yes 12/30

Blue: Yes 12/30

April 13

Green: Yes 13/30

Blue: Yes 13/30

I woke up so late today and barely ate. actually burned more calories than i consumed .
  • kawookie
    April 13

Green: yes
    Total: 11/28

Total: 13/31

So today I did lots and lots of work sitting down. So then we walked to my brother's house. It ends up that it was a 10K when we plotted it out online. So lots and lots of exercise for our evening walk!
  • JennyKCarty
    JennyKCarty Posts: 457 Member
    I've been in a self-sabotaging downward spiral since Thursday.
    I was -600 calories after an unplanned lunch out, followed by fro-yo. That evening the weather was nice and luckily wasn't hungry so I walked and walked outside until I got to -86. Had some tea and went to bed.
    Friday was another sad day at work. I ended up -27 that day.
    Saturday I knew I wouldn't be able to go to my usual workout classes due to plans with my family, so I got up early and walked/jogged 4.7 miles. It wasn't enough, I had a very RED unlogged day. I was probably 2000 over.
    Today I am closing the day with 2 green calories left.
    Maybe this week I'll have a better handle on things.

I'm at 11/24 green days
    and 13/30 blue days.

************************************spreadsheet updated*********************************
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    April 12th

Green: Yes, barely
    Total: 12/28

Blue: Completely, hydrating for 1/2 marathon
    Total: 12/30

April 13th

Total: 13/28

Total: 13/30

IronGirl Clearwater Half Marathon today, beat my PR on a flat course by 6minutes and had 2 bridges to cross and come back over!!
This discussion has been closed.