Week 1 Day 1 Challenge

Options
Monday April 14, 2014

15 Push ups
25 Squats
25 Jumping jacks
20 second plank

Do all four exercises 3X (you can do it back to back or throughout the day).

*If its too much for you to do, do what you can also if you want you can spread it out throughout the day.
BE SURE TO POST ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE CHALLENGE FOR THE DAY.

Replies

• kathrineb57
    kathrineb57 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi Joan and others, I hope you don't mind me asking what some of these exercises are. Looking forward to learning something new. Thanks,
    Kathrine from Kansas
  • allyxxmellow
    Options
    So ready for the first challenge tomorrow!
  • 2Bhealthier2
    2Bhealthier2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    umm I can't do push ups, maybe one. I will try but no guarantees. :ohwell:
  • rana961
    rana961 Posts: 2
    Options
    I will do them tonite, after my Pilates session... can't promise the push ups though:s
  • 8675309walker
    8675309walker Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Will do it tonight after work! The push ups & plank are not going to be pretty though :laugh:
  • aworshipper41
    Options
    This looks good. Just one question: does repeat 3 times mean...4 times total?
  • joansteph
    joansteph Posts: 22
    Options
    For those who cant do regular push ups try wall push ups and work your way up to floor push ups. For jumping jacks there's a modified version of those also. Same goes for plank if 20 seconds will be to much modify it do what you can and work your way up.
  • joansteph
    Options
    No I should have worded it differently, do all 4 exercises 3 times.
  • aworshipper41
    Options
    just got 'er done....eager beaver here did it 4 times before I got the clarification of only 3 times...oh well :) According to my HRM...i burned 235 calories and got it done in 12.20..
    thanks again for pulling this together Joan!
  • joansteph
    Options
    Just completed workout for the day, I struggled with the push ups so I ended up doing the modified version (wall push ups). :smile:
    I hope you all have a great workout, and please let me know how it went.
  • tiffypooh2u
    tiffypooh2u Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Will do these as soon as I get home :)
  • wampahoofus
    wampahoofus Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Weigh in numbers:
    - Orginal weight - 234lbs
    - Current weight - 204lbs
    - Goal - 184lbs

Challenge exercise complete!

I think these are the first pushups I've done in at least 5 years. 3 sets of 15 was right around my limit but managed to get them done.
  • aworshipper41
    Options
    great job Wampa and Joan :)
  • bunnyboo7
    bunnyboo7 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    All finished for today :) killer planks and i just did push ups on my knees hopefully one day my arms are strong enough for regular push ups fun challenge :)
  • MyChangeIsComing
    MyChangeIsComing Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ill do mine after work today. :)
  • DEPick
    DEPick Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    mission complete!
  • symphonika
    symphonika Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Completed! I did two sets of wall push ups and one set of knee push ups. The plank was the hardest for me but I still did 20 seconds. My HRM says it took me 8 min 30 seconds, 62 calories burned. I might do more sets later or some cardio! I make myself do 20 min of working out in order to get a sticker on my calendar :)

Happy work out everyone!
  • Jillong
    Jillong Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Today, I did not do the W1D1 challenge. However, I have done two hours of gardening: first outing of the year - the grass was about 6" tall and now is not! The vegetable garden has been dug over, as have the flower beds. It took me two hours.

Then, I joined my daughter and grandchildren on an outing to the park. We walked there and split the children between us, alternating between a 7-year old and a little tinker aged 20 months. We were out for three hours and I am absolutely bush-wacked.

Can I go to bed yet?!