C25K

Options

Replies

• TerryEden
    TerryEden Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Completed W5D1 of C25K. Felt good! Looking forward to day 3 this week. I'll feel happy if I can do that 20 min...
  • G_RRR
    G_RRR Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 4 day 1! I ran those 5 min very slow but I could finish!

Congratulations TerryEden and everybody!
  • TerryEden
    Options
    Good job, G_RRR!!

Completed W5D2 this morning. two 8 min jogs... not too bad.

Saturday is the big day for me... 20 min jog with no walks. I'm going to a middle school to run on their flat track with a softer surface.

I've commented on this here before, but it sure seems like a big jump, from 8 to 20! Where's the 10, or the 12... 15 maybe??
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I agree with TerryEden. The jump from 8 minutes to 20 is huge. I will proudly say, however, I did it! Today I completed W5D3, and boy was I thrilled with myself. Unfortunately, due to the wind, I didn't hear the prompt to begin my cooldown. I actually ended up jogging 24 minutes. :laugh:

Wishing you all well. TerryEden, you'll run those 20 minutes with ease!
  • TerryEden
    Options
    I agree with TerryEden. The jump from 8 minutes to 20 is huge. I will proudly say, however, I did it! Today I completed W5D3, and boy was I thrilled with myself. Unfortunately, due to the wind, I didn't hear the prompt to begin my cooldown. I actually ended up jogging 24 minutes. :laugh:

WAY!!!! TO!!!! GOOOOO!!!! Laughter_Girl! Great job and you did some extra to boot! Thanks for the encouragement, too.
  • G_RRR
    Options
    finished week 4 day 2!! have a great weekend!!
  • blondie__0x
    blondie__0x Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Finished W4D3 yesterday. I think it was my best day out of the week so far.
    Congrats on your accomplishments everybody! Have a great weekend.
  • TerryEden
    Options
    Congrats blondie_0x and G_RRR!! Way to keep going!

I just finished Week 5, Day 3, 20 minute jog done! Happy!

There were a few times where I had to slow my pace down quite a bit because my HR was climbing, but all in all, I finished!
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm not new to running, I have competed multiple 5k's and 5 half marathons. I went through a time where I just didn't love it anymore and stopped running for months. I'm using this app to get myself motivated again and hopefully find my love for the sport again. Today will be w1d3
  • blondie__0x
    Options
    started W5D1 today. a bit apprehensive about the 20 minute run at the end of the week, but I'm ready for the challenge.
  • LaraeTX
    Options
    Yesterday was supposed to w1d3, however my app was accidentally placed on w2d1, so I skipped ahead a day without knowing until I was finished. So I guess I'll have to back track when I run tomorrow.
  • TerryEden
    Options
    Good job, LaraeTX! Way to go!

Just finished W6D2.
  • LaraeTX
    Options
    Good job, LaraeTX! Way to go!

Just finished W6D2.

thank you!
  • G_RRR
    Options
    W5D1 today!! it was not as bad as I was afraid....and looking forward to day 3 with that 20 min run :noway:
  • LaraeTX
    Options
    W5D1 today!! it was not as bad as I was afraid....and looking forward to day 3 with that 20 min run :noway:

Yay way to go!!
  • blondie__0x
    Options
    W5D2 completed today. Ready for that 20 minute challenge set for Friday.
    Best of luck to you guys who are facing the 20 minutes themselves. You all can do it!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    All of you are so committed, and I'm loving it!!! Congrats to those who are giving it all you've got!!

I just completed W6D2. I discovered today that I really need to work on my time. I'm not "running" very fast at all. I'm looking forward to completing this training so that I can work on reducing the time it takes me to run a mile.
  • LaraeTX
    Options
    All of you are so committed, and I'm loving it!!! Congrats to those who are giving it all you've got!!

I just completed W6D2. I discovered today that I really need to work on my time. I'm not "running" very fast at all. I'm looking forward to completing this training so that I can work on reducing the time it takes me to run a mile.

Great job!!

Anyone is welcome to add me as a friend, just leave a little note that you are on this thread with me.
  • TerryEden
    Options
    Congratulations to all of you! You are an inspiration to me so I want to thank you very much.

Way to go, LaraeTX, Laughter_Girl, blondie_0x, G_RRR and all the others!

Like LaraeTX, if you want, feel free to add me as a friend.

C25K, W6D3 - 25 min jog with no walk. Felt great on a beautiful Colorado morning after a night of rain!
  • TerryEden
    Options

Laughter_Girl, just want to let you know you're not alone in how you feel your rate is slower than the program suggestions.

On my W5D3, it was like run 20 min or 2 miles... Yeah, right! I found that I completed only 1 and 3/8ths of a mile... Not exactly speedy. Like you, I want to focus on how to improve my time, but right now, I seem only to manage to just focus on finishing. Maybe if I continue to have success dropping weight, that I'll be able to move my body faster later.

Good luck to you and be proud of what you're accomplishing!