May 2014 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
WELCOME to our May 2014 challenge! It is a new month and time once again for another new challenge! Not only is it time for May flowers but also there will be more opportunities for walking outside, as the weather permits.

Having Leslie's DVDs to pop into the player will help us become stronger and healthier as we continue to walk for our health and fitness goals during 2014.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home workouts, but those great walks outside, or on the treadmill, as well as other walking DVDs count also. However you get your walk on, please join us!

We are a positive, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. Post your results daily, weekly, however you like.

If you happened to find this group during the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days. You are ALWAYS welcome! Just walk right in :smile: !

It is fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another walking instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill, or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, and inquiring minds just want to know sometimes :wink: .

If you are doing additional exercise besides the walks feel free to mention them if you want to. It is always inspiring to get new ideas, and it also helps us support one another in our pursuit of health, weight loss, and becoming stronger. So please share those additional workouts if you would like to.

So tie up those shoes and get some water, and let's start walking the May 2014 challenge together as we continue to walk our way toward our fitness goals we made for 2014.

It is always a pleasure to walk together :flowerforyou:

Replies

• heavenlyb14
    heavenlyb14 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am new to this group and am looking forward to a challenge like this. I want to walk at least 100 miles during May.

Happy walking!
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I am in! I am hoping to get 75-100.

4 miles to start the morning with Leslie.
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My goal for May will be 30 miles.
  • Reddirtblacktopqueen
    Reddirtblacktopqueen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I enjoyed the April challenge and seeing everyones progress. Looking forward to a new month and new challenge.

I am going to set me goal for 110 miles. :bigsmile:

Happy walking everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • MelxH
    MelxH Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    hello :)
    I'm new in this group, I think Leslie Sansone workouts are so much fun, it doesnt feel like exercise!
    I want to do at least 60 miles this month

Today I did the 4 fast miles, with and extra 2hours of walking outside
  • heavenlyb14
    heavenlyb14 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    First five miles completed during an outside walk today, only 95 to go!
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    I'm in. Today I walked 12 km (7.5 miles). That is not something I plan on doing every day. It's only the usual high when starting on a new goal. My goal is to walk 100 km (62 miles) in May.
  • bandit5125
    Options
    I got in a second 4 mile power walk today. 8 miles down..92 to go!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome MelxH and lidenalex!

Everyone's off to a great start this month! Keep it up!

I did Burn Body Fat & Sculpt Your Arms - 3 miles early this morning and just got finished doing Walk It Off in 30 - Burn. Feeling great!

Total Miles: 5
  • SCOTTJACKIANGI
    Options
    Howdy, I would like to do this challenge... I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Leslie Sansone's walking dvd... I have the Walk Away the LBS Ultimate Collection... this dvd has 1,2,3,& 4 mile walks....Today I did the 3 mile walk. :smile:

MY GOAL: My GOAL is to atleast do the video 6 days a week, and to walk at least 72 miles (that's the 3 mile walk the entire month) ... I HOPE that's a good goal...
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! Last month I did 100 miles and I am so proud of myself! That is the most I have ever done! This month I am doing the Walk it off in 30 dvd, so I won't get as many miles in. But I am going to aim for 50 actual walking miles. =)
  • bandit5125
    Options
    5 fast miles this morning with Leslie. good workout. brings me to 13.

87 miles to go to my 100 goal
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Goal: 75-100 miles

Yesterday: 3 miles Radio Remixes; 30 min weight work 3 pound weights 50 reps each bicep curls overhead press
    modified fly tricep kickbacks chest press

Total: 3 miles
  • SCOTTJACKIANGI
    Options
    GOOD MORNING YA'LL I hope it's a FABULOUS day 4 all of ya... Day 2 of the challenge and I have 2 miles in so far 2day. I'm 4 lbs down and 65 more to go... BEST WISHES 2 ALL who are doing this challenge... WE CAN & WILL DO IT =D
  • lidenalex
    Options
    Day 2, walked 10.5 km (6.5 miles). It's strange, I hesitated to go out and walk, putting it off. Then I say to myself "OK go for just one km and then you are free to go home". I go out activate the RunKeeper on my iPhone, and then start the audible book, the one I listened today was "The Power of Less". After 1 km I realize that if I return now I will have 1 km back, so it'll be 2 km. But I don't return, instead I go around a park, and when I return I have walked 6.5 km. In the evening I go for a short walk, continuing to listen to "The Power of Less" and letting the RunKeeper keep track of the distance. 40 min later I'm back with 4 more km added. it was not so hard, I say to myself. But tomorrow will be as hard to start as it was this morning, and I'm not sure how it will go.
  • Crystal_LDee
    Crystal_LDee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just a tad late to the challenge, but I'm in for at least 30 miles. :)
  • lidenalex
    Options
    Way to go :happy:
  • wendy0210
    wendy0210 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try for 15 LS miles again, since last month I ended up doing 14 LS miles, but additional walking and some biking thrown in for good measure. Overall, I'm focusing now on moving more regularly and LS is helping me do that. Happy walking everyone!
  • Reddirtblacktopqueen
    Reddirtblacktopqueen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    5/1 5.30 miles

Goal 110 miles

Happy walking everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I wanted to walk outside this evening, but where I live the weather has not been cooperating much lately. I'm so thankful I enjoy doing walking videos at home and that I have a variety of dvd's to use (and Youtube). There's no excuse for me not to workout. :)

Today I did 5K with a Twist this morning and Jessica Smith's 30 minute power walk this evening.

Total Miles: 10

christchick7 - That sounds like a great workout!

lidenalex - Great job on getting in those miles!