May 2014 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• ChaiyaChaiya21
    ChaiyaChaiya21 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    To Date:

Outside:4 miles ( that I have actively kept track of)
    Leslie: 4 miles

Personal Goal: 50 so 42 miles left....

So personal victory for me. I did the 4 fast miles today and was able to do every single "boosted walking" AKA JOGGING interval. And I didn't even feel like I was going to die I just felt really good doing it. That is really big for me!!! I love all these improvements in my life and fitness.
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    Walked 8.3 km (5 miles) today. IF I go another 5 km (3 miles) tomorrow I should complete my goal of walking 100 km (62 miles) for the May tomorrow :smile: :drinker: .
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    May Goal: 50 miles
    5/3 Exercise TV-Walking at Home-3miles=47 to go
    5/4 Walk it Off & Tone it Up-5 miles=42 to go
    5/5 WAP-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=38 to go
    5/6 WAP-3 Fast Miles=35 to go
    5/7 WAH-3 miles with weights=32 to go
    5/9 WAH-Walk Slim-5 Really Big Miles-5 miles=27 to go
    5/10 Just Walk-4 Mile Power Walk-4 miles=23 to go
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    May 1 - 7th = 27.6 miles

May 8 - 6.9 miles
    May 9 - 5 miles
    May 10 - 3 miles

I was a bit premature in my excitement yesterday about SPRING!!! It is not here yet...:grumble: :angry:

It is -3 Celsius this a.m.
  • ChaiyaChaiya21
    ChaiyaChaiya21 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have decided to do the 10 day 4 mile challenge ( Walk Slim Series)

So I am on day 2

Leslie:8
    Outside:4

Total:12
    Remaining:38
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms out there!

ChaiyaChaiya2: I've done the 4 mile challenge several times over the last couple of years and lost and kept off several inches combined with calorie counting. Good luck and keep us updated with your progress!

May 9: 4 miles (2 Mile Super Walk & 2 mile outdoor walk)
    May 10: 3.75 miles brisk outdoor walk
    May 11: 2 miles (Burn it off in 30 - Burn)

Total Miles: 51.75
  • lidenalex
    Options
    I've walked 8.9 km today (5.5 miles) and I've finished my goal for May :bigsmile: .

My Goal was: 100 km (62 miles)
    So far today: 104 km (65 miles)

I had set my daily goal as walking 1 km (0.6 miles). But on average I walked 9 km (5.5 miles) per day. I never thought that was possible for me, but thanks to setting my daily goal embarrassing small, I was able to make great result. So I rather

SET MY GOAL EMBARRASSING LOW AND GET GREAT RESULT,

then the other way round. And I'm sure that if I had set my goal to walk 65 miles in 11 days I would have failed miserably :devil: . If you want to understand this reverse psychology read the book "Mini Habits" :wink: .
  • startergal53
    startergal53 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Now what? You've reached your goal what is the plan for the rest of the month? Congrats!!!
  • startergal53
    Options
    It sounds like you had a great day- and are all set with goal. I love hearing what others are working at it gets all of us motivated to do what works.

Lol- ChaylaChayla with the four mile work outs! honestly this posting thing has me challenged
  • lidenalex
    Options
    Now what? You've reached your goal what is the plan for the rest of the month? Congrats!!!

startergal53. I will continue with 1 km (0.6 miles) a day challenge. My primary goal is not to reach a certain weight or walk a certain distance, but to FORM A HABIT. And I have chosen 1 km as the habit forming action. If I walk more, good, but 1 km is enough for habit forming. And it is so low that I can do it even on the bad days :smile: .
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    May Goal: 50 miles
    5/3 Exercise TV-Walking at Home-3miles=47 to go
    5/4 Walk it Off & Tone it Up-5 miles=42 to go
    5/5 WAP-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=38 to go
    5/6 WAP-3 Fast Miles=35 to go
    5/7 WAH-3 miles with weights=32 to go
    5/9 WAH-Walk Slim-5 Really Big Miles-5 miles=27 to go
    5/10 Just Walk-4 Mile Power Walk-4 miles=23 to go
    5/11 Endomondo recorded -neighborhood walk=3.14 miles=20 to go
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    5 miles advanced walk with Leslie today 52 miles to date

6.5 miles hike up Mount Major yesterday

13.5 mile outside to date

65.5 miles total to date

goal 100 miles
  • Reddirtblacktopqueen
    Reddirtblacktopqueen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    5/9 1.09 miles

5/10 5.78 miles

5/11 1.01 miles

Total so far this month is 45.46 miles.

Happy walking everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • wendy0210
    wendy0210 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Hope everyone had a great weekend.

So far this month, I've walked 7 of the 15 Leslie miles I'm aiming for. I've also started doing little things to get more walking into my life (i.e. taking stairs, going for a quick walk here and there during the day, etc.) and although I'm not tracking those toward this month, it feels great.

Also, I know this isn't a biking group, but I took my bike out Saturday since I wanted to get some movement in. Great workout! Hilly trails near my home, and they would be great for walking too...in time...
  • lidenalex
    Options
    Walked 8.1 km (5 miles) today.

Trying to create a walking habit. A habit is an action that is easier to do than not to do. According to scientific studies, it takes 12 days to 9 months to create a habit, depending on the person and the activity in question. I'm guessing that it will take about 60 days for me to form a walking habit.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Goal 65 Miles
    May 3 -- 2 Miles
    May 4 -- 2 miles of 5 Day Slim Down.
    May5 -- 2 Miles Belly Blasting Walk
    May 6 -- 4 Mile Super Challenge
    May 7- rest day
    May 8-- Mile 2 and 3 of 5 Day Slim Down. Also did some 30 Minutes to Fitness Strength with 8 and 10 lb weights. I almost have biceps now, haha.
    May 12- 3 Mile Power Walk

15 MIles done as of May 12th
  • startergal53
    Options
    Hey hey! Checking in with 3.5 for a total of 32 miles tonight.
    68 to go!
    Working on my "habit" lidenalex thanks for the positive words.
    And Wendy0210 kudos for the things you are doing to get more movement in. It's a great reminder for all of us to move more.
    I got myself a bike for Christmas, first time I have been on one in over thirty years and I am loving it. Biking makes you feel like a kid and it is great exercise. (plus you can really add on the miles eh?)
    AnnofB- we are all shooting for some biceps. : )
    Reddirtblackt and bandit5125 you are making the way - keep up the good work.
  • startergal53
    Options
    LOL just to clarify: I am walking or as I sometimes do "wunning" my May miles. (It doesn't look pretty but it gets the job done)

The biking- that is a whole other program I keep track of separately. Me and Leslie we are as she says, "sisters in sweat" and I am glad there are so many other like minded folks out there.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    This morning I did Party Songs (3 miles) and this evening I did The Big Burn 2 Miles of Intervals this evening during a tornado warning. No excuses not to get my evening workout in. :)

Total Miles: 56.75
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    To Date:

Outside:4 miles ( that I have actively kept track of)
    Leslie: 4 miles

Personal Goal: 50 so 42 miles left....

So personal victory for me. I did the 4 fast miles today and was able to do every single "boosted walking" AKA JOGGING interval. And I didn't even feel like I was going to die I just felt really good doing it. That is really big for me!!! I love all these improvements in my life and fitness.
    ChaiyaChaiya2, That is an awesome NSV for sure! I use that DVD, and those boosted intervals certainly do get the heart rate up. Well done!!!