MAY 2014 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,354 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 200 again until my knee is back 100%.

May 1: 12.5 miles walking and cycling
    MAy2: 12.5 miles walking and cycling

exercise.png
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Goal will be 100. Will go up next month when I won't be in the other challenges I belong to!
    Yesterday 10 on bike & foot & today 2.5 running!

exercise.png
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    3 mile run
    2 mile walk

exercise.png
  • 93nan
    93nan Posts: 130
    Options
    5/1 4.12 miles

exercise.png
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I'm really trying to get back on track with recording things. I took a walk after work. Went around the lake 1.6 miles.

exercise.png
  • angelmo8
    angelmo8 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    5/1- 1.6 miles walking
    5/2- 5.8 miles walk/run

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,315 Member
    Options
    It finally* stopped raining long enough I got out for a nice 10.5 mile ride on my bike! The weather has kept me off of it for nearly two weeks now. Felt great to get out on it again....and with a much cushier seat!! :laugh:

Dave
    MFm4m5.png
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    12.49 miles including recumbent and tread today

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    It finally* stopped raining long enough I got out for a nice 10.5 mile ride on my bike! The weather has kept me off of it for nearly two weeks now. Felt great to get out on it again....and with a much cushier seat!! :laugh:

Dave
    MFm4m5.png

Careful with those larger cushier seats. They say your bum will grow to match the size of your seat. :laugh: :laugh:
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,315 Member
    Options

Dave
    MFm4m5.png

Careful with those larger cushier seats. They say your bum will grow to match the size of your seat. :laugh: :laugh:
    LOLOL! I sure hope not!!! :bigsmile: The new seat is really not any bigger (wider) than the one that came with the bike. It's a little taller, maybe 1/2", to allow for some gel. The old seat is so firm that I can barely press a finger into it. I know some people like rigid seats. I am not one of them. :laugh:

Dave

=============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================
  • moon9kittie
    moon9kittie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    5/01 Walked 3.89 miles
    5/02 Walked 7.22 miles

exercise.png
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    4.56 miles walked yesterday (sorry forgot to log it)

7.63 miles walked to date
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Got 17.2 miles in on the bike. Not as many miles as I've been getting lately, but that's because our instructor had us "climbing" a hill for nearly 40 minutes straight... dripping sweat - just not going as far as usual. Good workout!

exercise.png
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    9.03 walking miles..off to hike some new trails tomorrow..hopefully they are going to be worth some mileage.

exercise.png
  • christenafreda
    christenafreda Posts: 212 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandia - I so love your formula

N+1=D-1 where N is the number of bikes you currently own and D is the number of bikes that will lead to a divorce

and worst of all - enough sun to be sunburnt!! and such an outstanding view of the lake and mountains.

@Speedy - I love the motivational posters.

@Dinos - of course its all relative - I bet those rainy days are really wet and cold by comparison LOL So many times I've been on
    holiday in a warm climate and as the evening draws in the locals are the ones all wrapped up against the chill. I also have to say that your English is waaayyyy better than my Greek!

@blue4miles - I can't begin to imagine being out training in that sort of heat - every credit!!

@Chevy - the operative word is "start" - don't knock it!!

@Darkrider - the new bike has a cushier seat?? such spoiling - I'm with you - hate hard seats - specially since I've reduced the internal padding.
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian: Living in this area explains where your mfp name comes from :laugh: :laugh:
    Now seriously the place in your pic is amazing and I'm glad you find my comments entertaining. Hopefully I'll come up with another post worth sharing with mrs sufferlandrian :smile:

@ k80flec: Thank you very much. Don't worry about your poor greek, I seriously doubt that fluency in greek is considered a big asset in the UK :sad:
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Not a great Friday, but not too bad either. Added 2.5 miles

May total 7.5 miles.

exercise.png
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    5/2 - 4.25 miles walking/running
    Total to date: 7.75 of 125 miles

I love reading everyone's comments! What a great group of people! Some of you sound as though you live next door to each other and are the best of friends! Even though I don't comment often, I read every entry and laugh out loud often. You all are the BEST!

Happy birthday to all the May babies in the group. I'm 53 today and am feeling much younger than my age (for a change:tongue: )! I think I'm finally over the shock of having my daughter turn 29 last week- my mother claims it's harder to have a granddaughter who is 29 than it is to be the mother of a 29 year old. I guess my mom is right (as usual!). Wonder how mom feels about having a 53 year old daughter?? I'm afraid to ask...

Have a great Saturday everyone!
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.