MAY 2014 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    @Darkrider - the new bike has a cushier seat?? such spoiling - I'm with you - hate hard seats - specially since I've reduced the internal padding.

K80FLEC - It didn't come with it, but it was only $28.50 (USD) on Amazon and well worth every penny! Not sure how critical the "anatomical relief" part of it was as I think proper installation angle of the seat should manage that just fine, but it is extremely comfortable so hey whatever! :laugh:

Oh, and I guess this is turning into a bike tech & accessories review so.. :laugh: If you need a super bright headlight & taillight, this little thing is absolutely incredible and lights up a large area!!! (Although admittedly, the picture on the Amazon page is a little bit of an exxageration...lol) It comes with a free, super-bright taillight too.

Also, the BEST EVER phone mount for your bike (or motorcycle)!!! This thing is waterproof and you can still use your touchscreen through the clear plastic screen. It's light, but very sturdy and does not wobble around. It also quickly detaches if you need to run into a store or some other stop to get off the bike. This particular one fits my Samsung Galaxy S3, but should fit most phones or if you go to the seller's page (Buybits), they have other sizes available.

Seat:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C17L2W/ref=oh_details_o02_s03_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Headlight/taillight:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CULFR4Q/ref=oh_details_o02_s01_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Phone case:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008OVLUL0/ref=oh_details_o02_s02_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dave
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    5/2 - 4.25 miles walking/running
    Total to date: 7.75 of 125 miles

I love reading everyone's comments! What a great group of people! Some of you sound as though you live next door to each other and are the best of friends! Even though I don't comment often, I read every entry and laugh out loud often. You all are the BEST!

Happy birthday to all the May babies in the group. I'm 53 today and am feeling much younger than my age (for a change:tongue: )! I think I'm finally over the shock of having my daughter turn 29 last week- my mother claims it's harder to have a granddaughter who is 29 than it is to be the mother of a 29 year old. I guess my mom is right (as usual!). Wonder how mom feels about having a 53 year old daughter?? I'm afraid to ask...

Have a great Saturday everyone!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, QUEENEGREENE!! I'm right behind you turning 52 in a couple weeks and I have a daughter that turned 29 in March. :noway: Most days I don't feel my age....others, I feel every last bit of it. :laugh: Hope you have a beautiful day!

Dave
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm new and found you a couple of days late.

I'll shoot for 150 miles in May if you could add me, please.
  • commit1440
    commit1440 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    My May goal is 160 miles

5/1-5/3 15 miles

exercise.png
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Adding 4 miles from Friday.

exercise.png
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Adding 7 miles for yesterday and today.

exercise.png
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    5/1: bicycling 13.02km
    5/2: bicycling 11.7km
    5/3: bicycling 14.7km

Total: 39.42km
    Left: 130.58km

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

Happy birthday Queenegreene!

Welcome janer4jc! Always nice to see some new faces in our neighborhood.

And now for Statistics Saturday:

This is our 43rd MYAC!

So far we have 85 people in the challenge. I'm happy that no one has made goal (that would really mean they low balled it and our challenge wouldn't be a challenge).

So far we have 5 newbies. Welcome!

Last month 58 of us made our goal, which is about half. 40% made a good showing and only about 10% of us fell seriously behind. Our weighted score (you know, Dave's magic formula that assigns a value to how close each person came to goal) was 2.9. This is seriously higher than the average of 2.03, but just a little below our all time high of 3.13.

So far we are moving an average of 3.82 miles per person per day. This is just a bit below our all time high of 3.86.

Have a great Saturday folks and keep your @sses moving.
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Ran 3 miles this morning, plus .28 of a walking warm up / cool down, for a total of 3.28 miles today. This is my longest run of the season thus far. It was difficult, but mainly because of the route - super hilly! I think that next weekend, I'm going to try a 3 mile run on relatively flat road and see how it goes.

exercise.png
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    3.4 Miles added this morning!!

exercise.png
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Ran 4.2 miles this morning with the dogs and it was hot outside! Mtd, 12.11

Great stats @ss movers. Let's give May a run for it's money!
  • morning_joy
    morning_joy Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I am committing (to myself and others) to hike 45 miles this month.

So far...

May 1st - 2.14 miles

May 2nd - 2.94 Miles

May 3rd - 2.29 Miles
  • 319Sara
    319Sara Posts: 302 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Stay-at-home Saturday. so I rode the stationary bike and walked out in the meadow.
    That will add 5.93 miles to May total.
    Month to date = 11.73.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Queenegreene!

Five miles run/walk combo today. Saw my brother's Facebook post that my sis-in-law who doesn't exercise and weighs about 110 ran a mile in 12:04 and he's ready to do a race with her but turned me down when I asked him. So I ran my first mile in 11:13. Ran an additional two miles in intervals. It's a sunny day and windy so every time the clouds blocked the sun, I wasn't sure if I was passing out ... But it worked off that annoying post as well as my patient last night "firing" me by 10PM since we didn't click. It doesn't happen very often and this time it didn't really make sense, but whatever. From what I hear, she's still in labor ... :ohwell:

exercise.png
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    Walking day.

05/01 - 2.0 miles walking
    05/02 - 15.0 miles biking
    05/03 - 1.0 miles walking

Total: 18.0 miles

exercise.png
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member