May 2014 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Awe thank you Texasgardnr. I had a very "close" relationship with Collage Video after I discovered Leslie in Jan '13. :laugh: I ended up with a fairly nice selection of Leslie's DVDs. It was that horrible cold that did me in when it came to walking though. I am much more sympathetic now when people post that they have not worked out because they were sick! :blushing: Thank you for the support you give to all of us. :flowerforyou:
  • SCOTTJACKIANGI
    Options
    GOOD MORNING Y'ALL... HOPE IT'S A WONDERFUL Wednesday 4 ALL of YA =D LESLIE 4 MILE SUPER CHALLENGE done... NOT a BAD way 2 start my day off from work b4 the errands need 2 b done... :smile:
  • Reddirtblacktopqueen
    Reddirtblacktopqueen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Checking in and love seeing everyone's miles walked. Everyone seems to be doing so good. Yesterday I power walked 3 miles with Leslie and walked the dogs outside for 2.50 miles.

I hope everyone has a blessed Wednesday. Keep those miles a come'n!

Happy walking everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • Crystal_LDee
    Crystal_LDee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing so great....inspiring!

lidenalex.....so sorry to hear what you/family are going through. Sending up a prayer.

Today's miles: 2.0 miles
    May Total miles: 5.1 miles
    Goal: 30 miles
  • startergal53
    startergal53 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    So happy to be here! Just finished "5 fat burning miles" used the #2 weight for most of it. My best to all you walk/runners out there- each of you are an inspiration putting one foot in front of the other. A great day to spend a rainy day here.
    I see we have some readers here. I had run across an interview with the author of "Mini Habits" by Stephen Guise that motivated me. (I love anything that kickstarts this ole brain)
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    Thanks Texasgardnr and Crystal_LDee. We all have our crosses to bear. But healthy eating and mild exercise will not make those crosses heavier, but lighter, that's why we have to continue. Walked today for 8.6 km (5 miles) listening to

Title: The War of Art, by Steven Pressfield

Excerpt: Have you ever brought home a treadmill and let it gather dust in the attic? Ever quit a diet, a course of yoga, a meditation practice? Have you ever bailed out on a call to embark upon a spiritual practice, dedicate yourself to a humanitarian calling, commit your life to the service of others? Have you ever wanted to be a mother, a doctor, an advocate for the weak and helpless; to run for office, crusade for the planet, campaign for world peace, or to preserve the environment? Then you know what Resistance is.

Review: Most of us are not even aware of that resistance is there. So when we quit we don't even know what hit us. But Pressfield exposes resistance, and tells us how to combat it. A great book.
  • startergal53
    startergal53 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing, after logging in I decided to walk a few more miles tonight to walk off my dinner. Your words and insight got me through 2.5 miles my total this month is now 19.5! :happy:
    Onward ho!
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    May Goal: 50 miles
    5/3 Exercise TV-Walking at Home-3miles=47 to go
    5/4 Walk it Off & Tone it Up-5 miles=42 to go
    5/5 WAP-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=38 to go
    5/6 WAP-3 Fast Miles=35 to go
    5/7 WAH-3 miles with weights=32 to go
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Goal: 75-100 miles

Today: Radio Remixes 2x (6 miles)

Total: 25 miles
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    5 advanced miles

38 with Leslie to date

3.5in the park

41.5 miles so far

goal 100
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    I'm simplifying and changing outdoor walking from miles to minutes. When I walk by myself I either plan where I will walk or plot out mileage of where I have walked. When I walk with my neighbor- friend we go wherever looks good at the moment. So I'm going to track only minutes (we walk briskly, as Leslie would say) from now on and keep it very simple for myself.

Wednesday:

0 miles: No DVD today.

90 minutes: walking briskly outdoors

Goal for May: 40 miles, Continuing an emphasis on strength will change my usual mileage from previous months.

So far: 11.5 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 90 outdoor minutes walking

Enjoyed reading everyone's comments and how you walked!

:flowerforyou:
  • lidenalex
    Options
    texasgardnr, 90 min brisk walking. Wow, way to go :happy:
  • heavenlyb14
    heavenlyb14 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Five miles outside yesterday so 25 done and 75 to go. I'm taking it easy for a few days following surgery but should be back with in a week or so. Happy walking everyone.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    May goal - 50 miles

May 1st - 2 miles
    May 2nd - 1 mile
    May 3rd - 2 miles
    May 4th - 0 miles
    May 5th - 8 miles
    May 6th - 4 miles
    May 7th - 4 miles

Total May 1st - 7th - 21 miles
  • Reddirtblacktopqueen
    Reddirtblacktopqueen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Yesterday I got in 4.98 miles walking outside. 76.08 more miles to go to meet my goal. :tongue:

Happy walking everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    5 advanced miles with leslie

43 miles with Leslie to date/

3.5 in the park

46.5 total.

goal 100
  • Crystal_LDee
    Crystal_LDee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You are all doing so well....keep up the great work!
    Finally getting a little sunshine around here, so hoping to get some outdoor miles in soon.

Today's miles: 2.0 miles
    May Total miles: 7.1 miles
    Goal: 30 miles
  • SCOTTJACKIANGI
    Options
    HOWDY Y'ALL HOPE it's been a WONDERFUL morning 4 all of ya.... 4 MILE SUPER CHALLENGE done the past 2 days... ANY 1 know where and if LESLIE SANSONE has any other DVDs I can pick up I'm getting use to doing the 4mile SUPER CHALLENGE and I'm looking to BUMP it UP... THANX n ADVANCE 4 ANY & ALL HELP :happy:
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Checking in....

It is good to read through the posts and see how everyone is dealing with their personal challenges, walking is a great stress reliever.

So far this month all my miles are outside or on a treadmill in the hotel gym...

May 1 - 7th = 27.6 miles
  • lidenalex
    Options
    Walked 9.6 km today (6 miles), while I listened to "The Slight Edge". Today is May8 and I have totally walked 79 km (49 miles).

Title: The slight edge, by Jeff Olson.

Excerpt: The things that take you out of failure and up toward survival and success are simple. So simple, in fact, that it’s easy to overlook them. Extremely easy to overlook them. It’s easy to overlook them because when you look at them, they seem insignificant. They’re not big, sweeping things that take huge effort. They’re not heroic or dramatic. Mostly they’re just little things you do every day and that nobody else even notices. They are things that are so simple to do— yet successful people actually do them, while unsuccessful people only look at them and don’t take action.

Review: The things that make you succeed are easy to do, (Like taking i 10 min stroll). But why don't all people do these things. Because the things that make you fail are also easy to do, (Like watching a soap opera for 50 min). If we do the small things that make us succeed, the accumulative effect will make us successful. That is what slight edge is all about. Jeff's wonderful book is one of my favorites.