Please introduce yourself! REQUIRED

Options
2»

Replies

• ikmnz1
    ikmnz1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Kelly I'm 42 and currently weigh 107kg or 235 Ibs, but I'll talk kilo's because here in NZ that's how it goes :) I was back in sept 2013 130kg I've to date lost 23kg! Am proud of myself for getting this far. My goal at the moment is to get under 100kg, I've given myself 2 months to do this! I'm always looking for new ideas to keep me going on my journey. :wink:
  • JenP137
    JenP137 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a busy mom of two looking to lose 20-30 pounds. I've been keeping track of my food for 2 weeks now and though I haven't lost any weight, I can now see why. Mostly it's wine and nuts that putting me over my calorie total. Plan to give up nuts (though not my friends:)) and cut back on wine. I actually enjoy exercise but finding the time can be difficult. Thinking of trying intermittent fasting this week - fast for 3 days and eat normally the others - to see if that works.

Wishing us all success on this journey!
  • humpbax
    humpbax Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Howdy! 42. Have met my halfway mark and lost all motivation. Was running4-6 times a week, at least 5k. Walking my kids to and from school. Logging in truthfully every day. Now I'm eating unhealthily and falling into old patterns, drinking too much soda, alcohol and eating too many chips and deep fried foods. I'm a binge-r!

I need to find the reason I started. I want to find new and interesting exercise routines. My kids say I'm nicer when I exercise. My new job requires me to stay fit. My jeans are getting snug. Auauauashhh!

Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated. My short term goal is to get under the 80k mark. I probably need to be fussed at a bit (please don't be mean though) and any ideas for FUN exercise during these wintery months in Oz would be most helpful. Tired of running and getting up at 5 am... hmmm... thinking of getting a ripstick.
  • laurawelch62085
    laurawelch62085 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am 29, recently joined a 2 week fitness challenge and it has made a huge difference in my eating habits! I am 143 pounds and I am 5'1. Ideally, I would like to lose 10-15 pounds over the next few months. I was debating whether or not to be a strict myfitnesspal follower or use weight watchers and have decided to go the (free) myfitnesspal route and see where this takes me over the next few weeks.

My pitfalls are alcohol, sweets, late night eating and making too many "exceptions" to healthy eating. I am slowly losing weight through the fitness challenge but wanted to join this group so I would continue to be motivated to exercise 6/7 days per week and start to do a better job of eating healthy.

I tend to lose weight through "structured' programs so a weekly accountability group is right up my alley!

Laura
  • redcecil76
    redcecil76 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 38, overweight by 50lbs and have come back to MFP to get support.
    I love eating healthily, feel so much better when I do, but then a few weeks in, I'll fail with ridiculous binges.
    When I'm in the right mindset I'm excellent - it's just a bit of a poo that the mindset goes south after three or four weeks and I end up putting back what I've lost...plus a few more pounds just for a giggle!
    I love exercise -but only behind closed doors and curtains...luckily I have a treadmill and a yoga mat.
    Three days ago we had a mini heatwave...none of last year's summer clothes fit, and after clocking my reflection which looked depressingly like some overweight walrus squeezed into a summer dress, I've suddenly been given more motivation than I need. (Luckily the heat wave dissipated and I'm now back into boots and over sized cardigans)!
    Hoping to be able to look lovely by the time the real heat wave kicks in :)
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    HI,

I'm 47 years old, and I've struggled all of my life with my weight, I have around 90lb to lose. I've yo-yo'd and tried every diet going. I know what to do, it's just applying it. I've got a fitbit and try to exercise daily, however I keep it up for a couple of weeks and then start slacking. I'm my own worst enemy and sabotage myself all the time. The weekends are the worst for me, and that's when I need my butt kicking.

I'm a member of a gym, have a bike and try to get out walking and do manage to get 10,000 steps in most days, however I love food.

I'm fed up of all this yo-yoing and need this accountability.

Debbie
  • jesskawelmacher
    jesskawelmacher Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am a 25 yr old mom of 4 girls, I currently weigh (as of this morning) 205 lbs; my goal is to be between 140-150 lbs. I currently go to the gym 3 nights a week; I do an hour of Zumba on 2 nights, followed by strength training and the last night I participate in a Les Mills Body Pump class. I also do 20-30 minutes of yoga every morning. My hurdles are my self image issues, I don't like going to the gym because I feel like an idiot when I don't know how to use a machine and I feel like every one stares at me, but I make myself go regardless. I also struggle with my diet; I am a sucker for carbs and I have a sweet tooth. At this point, I am tired of looking at myself the way I am, and I need all the motivation and the accountability that I can get.
  • SunshineKimL
    SunshineKimL Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm Kim and in mid February of this year I decided that I couldn't continue my unhealthy habits any longer. I changed the way I look at food, exercise and even myself. I am a photographer and I hate (hated) having my picture taken. I'm 36, 5ft2in and started at 226. I have 3 children ages 10,8,and almost 6. I joined my local gym and hired a trainer and it's the best decision I have made so far. I am down 25 lbs. so I am about 1/4 of the way there.
    I work out 6 days a week at least 1 hour each time. I just started running 2 weeks ago and I am starting to enjoy it. My goal is to run and entire 5k in the near future.
  • mooglet1
    mooglet1 Posts: 2
    Options
    40yr 5'10 72kg unfit busy mum of 3.. Finally have an hour to myself 2 days in the working week so on a mission to get fit and run10km.
    Started 10km App ... Up to week 3! :)
    Using fitness pal to keep me honest with good food choices and keeping within my daily calorie allowance, off the wine for at least a couple of months and minimising the treats.
    Day 16 and going well so far.:tongue: