Replies

• christenafreda
    christenafreda Posts: 212 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    4.0 miles. Did about a mile of running in intervals. Probably not a good idea. Did rescue turtle #3 in the past three weeks, little guy was trying to run across the road. Doubled back to the lake and left him where I've left the others. I've named them all Yertle.

exercise.png

Hey kar328, are you sure it Isn't Yertle every time? Maybe he likes you. :laugh: :laugh:
  • taxmom9093
    Options
    I managed to get a 3 mile run in before work :bigsmile:

exercise.png

Great Job!! :drinker: You're doing great this month even with all the May craziness there.
  • taxmom9093
    Options
    Added 5.75 miles yesterday. Skipping my morning walk to get my soon to be world traveler daughter to her last doctors appointment before she leaves. (Tomorrow?!?!?! :noway: :sad: :noway: :sad: )

May total 127.75 miles

exercise.png
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Rode 6ish slow miles with a friend, then almost 19 fast and hard with the local girls bike group. We had almost 40 people show up for our weekly girls ride! It was an awesome sight seeing the town square full of bikes!

exercise.png

*Edited for spelling error. Where's my coffee?!
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the garden Speedy. Mine is looking good so far, but I haven't checked it out this morning after the hail we had last night. :huh: And wait until later in the summer to decide if it is too small. Every spring I grumble about not having enough room:grumble: and each summer I grumble about too much room to weed and care for:grumble: :laugh: .

@TaxMom:
    I know, but there's so much veggies that I would like to grow... The first think you know it's packed, and you're left with a lot of seeds! I guess I'll have to wait after my first harvest and then I'll be able to plan the other seeds... Let's hope that I'll be able to harvest that second harvest before the first frost...:ohwell: Summer is kinda short around here :huh: :sad:
  • kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Finally able to get some time in the kayak. Paddled a little over 7 miles. Hands and arms are sore but so worth it!

Updating: adding 18.25 miles walking and paddling.

exercise.png
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,411 Member
    Options
    Dean - Great job making goal!! I'm getting there...sidelined by the dentist on Monday. Lost my oomph sometime Monday night and it's just now coming back.

19th - 2.76
    20th - 4.83
    21st - 2.62
    22nd - 5.98

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a great Friday.

Chris
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,237 Member
    Options
    Dean - Great job making goal!! I'm getting there...sidelined by the dentist on Monday. Lost my oomph sometime Monday night and it's just now coming back.

19th - 2.76
    20th - 4.83
    21st - 2.62
    22nd - 5.98

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a great Friday.

Chris

Darn Dentists. Sometimes I think they are sadists at heart. :laugh: :laugh:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Added 5.75 miles yesterday. Skipping my morning walk to get my soon to be world traveler daughter to her last doctors appointment before she leaves. (Tomorrow?!?!?! :noway: :sad: :noway: :sad: )

May total 127.75 miles

exercise.png

Taxmom - I think with everything you have going on you are rocking the miles. Keep it up. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Rode 6ish slow miles with a friend, then almost 19 fast and hard with the local girls bike group. We had almost 40 people show up for our weekly girls ride! It was an awesome sight seeing the town square full of bikes!

exercise.png

*Edited for spelling error. Where's my coffee?!

That would have been cool. Working nights I almost always ride solo. However, I met a guy Wednesday who is biking from the Pacific Ocean to Illinois. I biked a few miles with him. Interesting guy but I could never be caught conscious riding a recumbent. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I managed to get a 3 mile run in before work :bigsmile:

exercise.png

Great Job!! :drinker: You're doing great this month even with all the May craziness there.

Taxmom, thanks!! I've been trying to convince myself that before work exercise is the way to go, but I've always been an evening girl. Plus 5am is so very early!! And Crazy May is almost through thank goodness!! :tongue:
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,337 Member
    Options
    Just back from my 3rd morning workout (before work) in a row! Gotta hit the shower and head to work but I'll get a spreadsheet update in sometime this morning...or maybe afternoon....busy,busy day!!! :smile:

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and enjoy any festivities you may have planned...and whether you agree with the military or not, thank a currently active military member or veteran for their service this weekend.

Dave
    MFm4m5.png
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Too bad my Fitbit doesn't track the biking miles... Biked 5k (speed interval) on hilly trails with my daughter this morning. 15 minutes of hard work!! My legs feels like jelly! I haven't rode my bike since... I don't know when (I had terrible knees back in the days :embarassed: ), but I took it out of the garage this morning, gave it a little bit of TLC, and went for a ride. Since I can barely run (waiting for a surgery:sad: :grumble: :explode: :angry: :mad: :devil: ), I don't really have a choice but to find something else. That's ok: biking on trails was my first love :blushing: :drinker: :bigsmile:

So I'm adding a total of 13.3 miles for the last few days.

exercise.png

QOTD:
    tumblr_mijf119OcI1qhb6aco1_1280.jpg
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    4.0 miles. Did about a mile of running in intervals. Probably not a good idea. Did rescue turtle #3 in the past three weeks, little guy was trying to run across the road. Doubled back to the lake and left him where I've left the others. I've named them all Yertle.

Thought about you when I saw this: http://mentalfloss.com/article/56805/16-fun-facts-about-tortoises

Today is World Turtle Day!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    63.4 miles completed
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    Hey kar328, are you sure it Isn't Yertle every time? Maybe he likes you. laugh laugh

LOL, they're all different sizes, yesterday's was the smallest of the three. I've been taking pictures.

dancing-turtle.gif

3.3 mile walk - turtle free. Working the next three nights so getting in the last few miles may be a challenge. If not, then on Monday afternoon.

exercise.png
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the garden Speedy. Mine is looking good so far, but I haven't checked it out this morning after the hail we had last night. :huh: And wait until later in the summer to decide if it is too small. Every spring I grumble about not having enough room:grumble: and each summer I grumble about too much room to weed and care for:grumble: :laugh: .

@TaxMom:
    I know, but there's so much veggies that I would like to grow... The first think you know it's packed, and you're left with a lot of seeds! I guess I'll have to wait after my first harvest and then I'll be able to plan the other seeds... Let's hope that I'll be able to harvest that second harvest before the first frost...:ohwell: Summer is kinda short around here :huh: :sad:

Have you heard of square foot gardening? I did it last year with a ton of success - was able to grow everything I wanted in not a lot of space. We live in a new rental house this year though with professional landscaping, so no garden for me. :sad: I will be spending a lot of money at farmers markets I suppose.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options

@TaxMom:

Have you heard of square foot gardening? I did it last year with a ton of success - was able to grow everything I wanted in not a lot of space. We live in a new rental house this year though with professional landscaping, so no garden for me. :sad: I will be spending a lot of money at farmers markets I suppose.

We had pretty good success with container gardening last year. We had tomatoes, peppers, squash, and peas all grown in pots on the front porch.
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.