MAY 2014 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    2hyw6xt.jpg

This is why I ride. This is where I was today. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Is this looking up toward Glacier? What a beautiful area of the country you live in, but I could not handle the winters.

I'm going to change my profile picture to one from Glacier National Park.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    2hyw6xt.jpg

Is this looking up toward Glacier? What a beautiful area of the country you live in, but I could not handle the winters.

I'm going to change my profile picture to one from Glacier National Park.

Gorgeous pics. I went to Glacier once and really enjoyed the beauty.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,222 Member
    Options
    JoeMO, That's looking up towards Logan Pass and Going to the Sun Road in Glacier. I have a ton of pictures of places in Glacier and Flathead Valley that look like this. It's like baby pictures though. You can get away with one or two but after that, you better supply sodas and popcorn. :laugh: :laugh:
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,355 Member
    Options
    2hyw6xt.jpg

Absolutely beautiful, Dean!

We had hot degrees today...yeah...hot! ...but I love it! I did get 12.18 miles done...it was pretty beautiful here, too!!

exercise.png

Have a great Saturday.

Chris
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding another 7.43 walking miles today...mother nature forced it to be inside walking, but at least i got to enjoy my coffee without getting wet.

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Options
    CECI_O_K - Just looked up the link you posted and that trail system looks very cool! If i'm ever down your way with my bike, I'd love to ride a miles with you! We have a couple of pretty decent trails here too....converted rails-to-trails. My favorite is www.cannonvalleytrail.com. It's about a 40 mile round trip. The other one is longer but it's further away from me so I've only done it once many years ago when I did the MS150 Charity Ride. http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_trails/willard_munger/index.html So if you ever find yourself in Minnesota with your bike, I can take you for a decent ride too! :smile:
    It's a deal! I welcome the opportunity to be a tour guide on two wheels (motorcycle or bicycle)!
    lol It's actually more likely that I'd be in your state on my motorcycle. I was just there 2 or 3 years ago. I found the Ozarks beautiful and a whole lot of fun to ride in as I'm sure you've already known for a lonnnnng time. :bigsmile:

Dave
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

CONGRATS for making GOAL to .... HKRISTINE1, VHUBER, FUTURE_ROCKSTAR and 2ESSIE!!! :drinker::drinker::drinker:

319SARA - Thank you! My pleasure. :)

Keep it moving, folks!! :happy:
    Dave
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I'll go for another 1000 miles again

01-05: Rest day
    02-05: 30.36 miles - 3097ft climbed
    03-05: 37.93 miles - 4829ft climbed - 23% gradient
    04-05: 51.98 miles - 3622ft climbed - 21% gradient
    05-05: 10.53 miiles - 1404ft climbed
    06-05: 41.56 miles
    07-05: 55.27 miles
    08-05: 42.71 miles
    09-05: 50.24 miles
    10-05: 25.50 miles
    11-05: 63.13 miles
    12-05: 50.18 miles
    13-05: 31.44 miles
    14-05: 10.14 miles
    15-05: 25.76 miles
    16-05: 30.32 miles
    17-05: 101.10 miles
    18-05: 52.83 miles
    19-05: 41.97 miles
    20-05: 40.30 miles
    21-05: 41.69 miles
    22-05: 27.81 miles
    23-05: 37.51 miles
    24-05: 47.19 miles
    May miles - 947.43

YTD miles - 5452
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Take real care if out cycling today…
    Was hit from side by a car this morning and was sat in the back of an ambulance for 30 minutes. Nothing broken just very grazed as a witness said I slid for about 20 foot acoss the A47 (Upton/Ailsworth roundabout)!

Shoulder rather buggered and both it and leg now swelling up. Police checked out driver who is totally legal and he has admitted responsibility, rather handy as new bike is rather ****ed.
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Was hit from side by a car this morning and was sat in the back of an ambulance for 30 minutes. Nothing broken just very grazed as a witness said I slid for about 20 foot acoss the A47 (Upton/Ailsworth roundabout)!

Shoulder rather buggered and both it and leg now swelling up. Police checked out driver who is totally legal and he has admitted responsibility, rather handy as new bike is rather ****ed.
    Yikes- That's terrible! Hope you are OK- glad there are no broken bones at least! Drivers in my area also don't seem to pay any attention to bike riders and we don't have many bike paths close by - so I've seen many close calls.
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    5/23 - 4.5 miles (walking/running)

Total to date: 104.75 of 125 miles
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options

@dcmat:

Man! I'm glad to hear that you don't have any broken bones, even though I'm sure you're still pretty shaken up, I know I would!!! In my area, the first bike path is about 3 miles from home, and we need to be careful because drivers just don't give a dang!

Sorry to hear about your bike though but you being ok is what's more important right now. Take care of yourself today! Sending you a truck load of TLC to help you through the day! :flowerforyou:

Here's a little something to cheer you up! :wink:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpRFtJO_s2I
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    2hyw6xt.jpg

@sufferlandria:
    Wow! Beautiful pic! :love: :love:
  • Mbuhler
    Mbuhler Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    It's been a while since my last update but still going at it.

Wed May 7 - 1800m swim, 2.8km walk
    Thurs May 8 - 3.6 km run
    Sat May 10 - 2000m swim
    Sun May 11 - 7km run
    Wed May 21 - 30km bike
    Thurs May 22 - 6km run
    Fri May 23 - 1800m swim

exercise.png
  • Mbuhler
    Mbuhler Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    @dcmat - good advice, have a ride planned today and sometimes people just don't see you. I hope you aren't too injured and it doesn't set any training back for you. Feel better soon!

@sufferlandia - My ride looks boring now compared to that pic!
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,378 Member
    Options
    May 23:25 miles cycling and running

TTD: 292 miles

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

I don't know which would make me more mad, the buggered up arm and leg or the bike. I think the bike would make me more upset. :happy: Let us know how the healing goes. The driver is going to get you a new bike right? Do you get to choose the new bike or are they just going to replace the one that was wrecked?
  • 319Sara
    319Sara Posts: 302 Member
    Options

exercise.png

It's a lovely late spring day in western Michigan, sunny with a light breeze.
    Between the home bike and walking the meadow I added 6.11 miles to the May total, now at 83.99.

Going to to eat lunch and then work in the garden. Memorial weekend is the time we finally dare to plant tomatoes in this climate, so that means we can plant everything.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    05/24 - 6.5mile hike

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    2h591l4.jpg

This is where I was on Thursday. Tally Lake Montana. Had to ride 9 miles of dirt/gravel road to get there but it was worth it. That's my Focus Evo that I rode up there. Next time I'm taking the Kona Tanuki or Kona Wo (fat tire 4" wide tires). The roads were pretty soft from all the snow melt.
This discussion has been closed.