C25K

Options

Replies

• LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    30 minutes on the elliptical at work today. Then went home and did c25k w3d3. It was tough but did it. Great job everyone.
  • TerryEden
    TerryEden Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    C25K W8D2... almost done with all 9 weeks. The time has gone fast... wish I could! :)~
  • blondie__0x
    blondie__0x Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    W7D2 complete! It's amazing how much my time, stamina, & form have changed throughout the weeks so far :)
  • G_RRR
    G_RRR Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yay W7D2 done too!!! :happy:
  • LaraeTX
    Options
    Week4 d1 done
    Also did 15 min circuit training
    4 minutes of strength training- for a challenge I'm doing
  • blondie__0x
    Options
    Finished W7D3 today! Ready to face W8 on Monday!
  • jlm0710
    jlm0710 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    W7D1 completed this morning in the rain. Can't believe how far we have come!
  • TerryEden
    Options
    Week 8, Day 3 done today. Didn't quite make it for the full 28 minutes running. Had to walk a bit, but it felt good to complete it!

I'm going to finish the program on Monday, Memorial Day. Going to run (and walk) in the Bolder Boulder 10K in Boulder, CO.

Then I think I'll set my sights on what I need to do to get ready for the Rock N Roll Denver Half-marathon on Oct. 16.

Good luck to all you runners! You're doing great! Happy and safe Memorial Day (US) weekend!
  • LaraeTX
    Options
    Week 8, Day 3 done today. Didn't quite make it for the full 28 minutes running. Had to walk a bit, but it felt good to complete it!

I'm going to finish the program on Monday, Memorial Day. Going to run (and walk) in the Bolder Boulder 10K in Boulder, CO.

Then I think I'll set my sights on what I need to do to get ready for the Rock N Roll Denver Half-marathon on Oct. 16.

Good luck to all you runners! You're doing great! Happy and safe Memorial Day (US) weekend!

Awesome!! Way to finish strong. Looking forward to hearing about it.
  • G_RRR
    Options
    Great job everyone! Today was Week 7 day 3 done! YAY:happy:
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Congratulations TerryEden! I hope you will share how your run went.

Tomorrow will be W8D3. My schedule and the weather wouldn't allow me to finish the training this week as planned, but I feel great. I actually ran the full 30 minutes yesterday so tomorrow is just a formality. I will begin working on my time. I will check in tomorrow.
  • LaraeTX
    Options
    Completed w4d2 today on a new route.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Congrats LaraeTX! Whenever I've used a new route, it made the run more interesting.

I completed W8D3, and I feel great! Instead of jogging the 30 minutes, I decided to go for the 3 miles, which took me 49 minutes. I'm not complaining though. I was so proud of myself. I am looking to do a 5K in the next month or so.

Stay the course and enjoy the runs! If I can do it, you certainly can do it!
  • steebsthegreat
    steebsthegreat Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hello all! New to the group.
    I started about 9 weeks ago so I should be done by now but I'm redoing Week 7. I did Week 4 a few times as well. If I can't finish the planned run during the week (like if I'm supposed to run for 5 minutes and I can only make it for 3) then I do it over again.

I did Week 7 day 1 today.
    I started C25k because I just got out of physical therapy. I was in for about 11 weeks for ankle instability and pretty much a lack of muscle on my left side. Running is definitely helping and 9 weeks out of PT and I'm still pain free.

I'm running my first 5k on July 4th, aiming to finish it in 36 minutes or less. Today I ran 2.4 miles in 25 minutes!
  • TerryEden
    Options
    Well, my 9 week Couch 2 5K is over.

Finished it by running in the Bolder Boulder 10K this morning.

We were 52,000 folks strong... all celebrating life, living and being active.. Plus our veterans, and servicemen and women who have ever served our country!

I was pleased with my effort.

Here are my time and splits: Mile1=13:43, M2=14:18, M3=15:07, M4=15:11, M5=14:28, M6=14:30, Finish=1:29:50

Thanks to everyone for all of the encouragement.

Time to start training for the Denver Half!
  • LaraeTX
    Options
    Hello all! New to the group.
    I started about 9 weeks ago so I should be done by now but I'm redoing Week 7. I did Week 4 a few times as well. If I can't finish the planned run during the week (like if I'm supposed to run for 5 minutes and I can only make it for 3) then I do it over again.

I did Week 7 day 1 today.
    I started C25k because I just got out of physical therapy. I was in for about 11 weeks for ankle instability and pretty much a lack of muscle on my left side. Running is definitely helping and 9 weeks out of PT and I'm still pain free.

I'm running my first 5k on July 4th, aiming to finish it in 36 minutes or less. Today I ran 2.4 miles in 25 minutes!

Welcome to the group. I kinda snuck I to the group a couple weeks ago also. Great ppl here. Good luck to you.
  • LaraeTX
    Options
    Well, my 9 week Couch 2 5K is over.

Finished it by running in the Bolder Boulder 10K this morning.

We were 52,000 folks strong... all celebrating life, living and being active.. Plus our veterans, and servicemen and women who have ever served our country!

I was pleased with my effort.

Here are my time and splits: Mile1=13:43, M2=14:18, M3=15:07, M4=15:11, M5=14:28, M6=14:30, Finish=1:29:50

Thanks to everyone for all of the encouragement.

Time to start training for the Denver Half!

Congratulations!! Great job. I saw Ryan Hall was there too. I had the honor of running with him and his wife Sara a few years back and have brunch with them.
  • blondie__0x
    Options
    Wow! Great job everyone! Looks like a lot of you had a busy memorial day weekend!

I started W8D1 on memorial day. Week 9 is so close, I can't believe it. I think when I'm finished I'm going to work on my times before starting the C210K app. So far I'm able to jog 4 miles without stopping in 52 minutes, but I would like to be able to do it in a faster time.
  • G_RRR
    Options
    Awesome job TerryEden & Laughter_Girl! today was week 8 day 2 for me, only one day left in my program! I ran 3 km in 26 minutes so I think I could finish 5k in around 40 minutes!! (good for me!) :laugh: I will check again on Friday... Let's conquer the 5k run!!!
  • blondie__0x
    Options
    Officially a "C25K Graduate" now! It's a very bitter sweet ending, but I know I'll continue jogging using other apps such as 'mapmyfitness' but I can't believe how much improvement can be made in 2 months! I haven't quite made it to 3 miles in 30 minutes (I'm averaging about 43 minutes right now), but that's what I'll be focusing on in the next few weeks.

Keep it up everyone! You ALL can do it! :)