A1C Results

Options
2»

Replies

• amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That's great. I had my first A1C test a month ago and it was 11.4. Hopefully in two months when I do it again it will be down. I've been taking my medication, eating healthier and exercising.
  • swalewis
    swalewis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great numbers!
  • Alsvic
    Alsvic Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Excellent Results Keep up the effort.

It's amazing how every one who posts to this forum truly know how much effort is required to make those numbers.

Too everyone who is going to have their A1c tests in the next few weeks, I sending out good wishes for happy results.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

Too everyone who is going to have their A1c tests in the next few weeks, I sending out good wishes for happy results.

Ditto
  • raleighgoodwins
    raleighgoodwins Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I had mine checked in March (I get it done every 3 months) and it was its lowest ever - 5.3! I was very proud of myself. If I can stay below 6.0 I'm usually happy with the result.

earlnabby - great job on the A1C and the weightloss.

To everyone else, I read an interesting article recently about the benefits of short bouts of High Intensity Training before meals and the positive impact that can have on blood sugar for after that meal and even the next day. A summary of it is in this blog but if you click the link you can also get to the full article

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/05/14/exercise-snacks-to-control-blood-sugar/?_php=true&_type=blogs&src=me&_r=0
  • earlnabby
    Options
    Congrats!! That's great. I had my first A1C test a month ago and it was 11.4. Hopefully in two months when I do it again it will be down. I've been taking my medication, eating healthier and exercising.

Those are the three things needed! Keep it up and I am sure you will see a reduction in the number.
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Congrats ! Great job...
  • Alsvic
    Alsvic Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    A1C on January 23rd 6.6

A1c this morning 5.3

Doctor was happy so I was able to reduce my blood pressure dose by half. I knew I was doing well so it felt kind of anticlimactic.

In this instant gratification world in which we live baby steps are so hard. I think that may be why MFP works so well for many of us, if we say we want to lose two pounds a week it gives us a number. We lose three pounds and we think we cheated the system. we feel like we scored this huge victory over one lousy pound. After all it said in black and white we need to eat to a certain number to lose two pounds.

Although as I sit here I realize it is the series of little victories that help us win the battle. Last week for the first time in my life I needed to intentionally go out and buy a new belt that was smaller than the previous belt I had bought. I had punched three new holes in the old belt but the tag end was reaching to far around it was looking some what strange.
  • earlnabby
    Options
    A1C on January 23rd 6.6

A1c this morning 5.3

Doctor was happy so I was able to reduce my blood pressure dose by half. I knew I was doing well so it felt kind of anticlimactic.

In this instant gratification world in which we live baby steps are so hard. I think that may be why MFP works so well for many of us, if we say we want to lose two pounds a week it gives us a number. We lose three pounds and we think we cheated the system. we feel like we scored this huge victory over one lousy pound. After all it said in black and white we need to eat to a certain number to lose two pounds.

Although as I sit here I realize it is the series of little victories that help us win the battle. Last week for the first time in my life I needed to intentionally go out and buy a new belt that was smaller than the previous belt I had bought. I had punched three new holes in the old belt but the tag end was reaching to far around it was looking some what strange.

Congrats on the great number! You worked hard yo get those good results so enjoy your triumph.

Also, congrats on the new belt. I love that feeling!

My swimming suit for my water exercise class is a little too loose (haven't bounced any boobies out of it yet, but it is a concern) so I bought a new suit that is 2 sizes smaller than the one I have. It is still a little too snug to wear. My bank account cannot afford a new one for each size. At least my pants are elastic with a drawstring so I can wear them through about 3 sizes before I need to replace.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, folks. :) If I can do it, anyone can. I started out with a 14.5 A1C (!!!!!) and, at my last checkup on May 7th, my A1C registered at a beautiful 4.9. :love:

It can be done! :)
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, folks. :) If I can do it, anyone can. I started out with a 14.5 A1C (!!!!!) and, at my last checkup on May 7th, my A1C registered at a beautiful 4.9. :love:

It can be done! :)
    Thank you! I can't wait until I get mine that low!
  • diabetesdieter
    diabetesdieter Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • Luizam25
    Luizam25 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I kept mine in the 6s with tow spikes over 7 - in 4 years. I'll have mine check on June 20. I am a bit worried. I feel that my blood control is not great.