New Gear

Options
scott091501
scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
So it's been dead here for about a week or longer. Let's see if we can get some discussion going with a fun topic.

What gear, accessories, nutrition, rigs, etc have you bought this year that you're excited about?

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Nothing :sad:

I've been dreaming of a Garmin 910xt, just not in the budget nor is it really necessary right now. I am going to start saving though.
  • scott091501
    Options

I've been dreaming of a Garmin 910xt, just not in the budget nor is it really necessary right now. I am going to start saving though.

Boo. I've thought about a 910, but really the only thing it does that I can't get from my Timex or my Garmin bike CPU is lap counting in the pool.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

Boo. I've thought about a 910, but really the only thing it does that I can't get from my Timex or my Garmin bike CPU is lap counting in the pool.

I need a new GPS anyway and I do like the laps and stroke feature, plus I do swim outdoors (I know not ideal but better than nothing)
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I got a new cycling top, shorts, socks and a swimsuit. Excited about all of them. I am dreaming of a bike, can't wait to get my own tri bike.
  • lj3jones
    lj3jones Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    lusting after a power meter, but it will be a while before we have money in the budget for one. What is in the budget are new (to Canada) Gu flavours. Peanut Butter and Salted Caramel. I'm excited to get my distance back up to the length that I need to take the gels. Bought 6 on Tuesday - they will probably last me all season *blush*. My long ride is only and hour and my long run is only 50 minutes. Hoping to bump that up this weekend.
  • scott091501
    Options
    Let's see. I've bought more than I should have this spring, but my company is sponsored by several tri companies so I "have" to represent right???? LOL.

Got a Power2Max power meter on order. I'm moving from 172.5 cranks to 165s too.

New Skratch Labs kit for training (See profile pics)

We get Skratch Exercise Hydration at about 50% off retail so I've ordered 10 bags of the stuff.

Have a Rudy Project Wing57 aero helmet on order since my current one's strap broke and Bell doesn't have replacement pieces.
  • scott091501
    Options
    I got a new cycling top, shorts, socks and a swimsuit. Excited about all of them. I am dreaming of a bike, can't wait to get my own tri bike.

Bike lust never ends. Just FYI. You'll get a new bike and still lust after others. It's a vicious cycle.
  • scott091501
    Options
    lusting after a power meter, but it will be a while before we have money in the budget for one. What is in the budget are new (to Canada) Gu flavours. Peanut Butter and Salted Caramel. I'm excited to get my distance back up to the length that I need to take the gels. Bought 6 on Tuesday - they will probably last me all season *blush*. My long ride is only and hour and my long run is only 50 minutes. Hoping to bump that up this weekend.

I've yet to try the Salted Caramel Gus on purpose. Too many stories of addicts. LOL.
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    fun topic to learn about all the cool stuff you can get! a little dangerous too, haha.

i'm still new to tri, so i still have a lot of things on my list. i'm training for an oly now, so i just bought a giant box of honey stinger energy chews (orange blossom, yum!). i'm in the market for a new pair of goggles (mine just broke at the pool yesterday, hmph!) but that's not very exciting. the main thing i need before my tri in august is a one-piece tri suit. i ran my sprint in april in a make-shift outfit, but am ready to take the plunge and buy the one piece.

my main goal right now is to learn how to fix a flat on my own :-/ i have the gear but still not the skills. i ride with my partner 90% of the time, but this is really a skill a girl needs!
  • scott091501
    Options
    fun topic to learn about all the cool stuff you can get! a little dangerous too, haha.

i'm still new to tri, so i still have a lot of things on my list. i'm training for an oly now, so i just bought a giant box of honey stinger energy chews (orange blossom, yum!). i'm in the market for a new pair of goggles (mine just broke at the pool yesterday, hmph!) but that's not very exciting. the main thing i need before my tri in august is a one-piece tri suit. i ran my sprint in april in a make-shift outfit, but am ready to take the plunge and buy the one piece.

my main goal right now is to learn how to fix a flat on my own :-/ i have the gear but still not the skills. i ride with my partner 90% of the time, but this is really a skill a girl needs!

Quite a few local bike shops will hold "maintenance clinics" You might want to ask around. Otherwise YouTube is your friend.

One piece wise my favorite suits are Pearl Izumi and Kiwami. Really good stuff.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

Quite a few local bike shops will hold "maintenance clinics" You might want to ask around. Otherwise YouTube is your friend.

One piece wise my favorite suits are Pearl Izumi and Kiwami. Really good stuff.

Yup. Our cycling club does to. I took a clinic to learn how to change a tire. When I got home and practiced, I couldn't get the tire back on so back to the bike shop. They went through it all again with me. It might not hurt to ask for a quick tutorial if there are no clincs.
  • lj3jones
    lj3jones Posts: 94 Member
    Options

I'm 5'9" and all body. I wear separates because I'm worried about getting a perma wedgie with a one piece suit. Also better for longer races as it is easier to go pee.
  • kchang77
    kchang77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Got a new "for me" bike. Speicalized Transition Expert. First race of the season is this Sunday. I can't wait! Also, got an aero helmet to go with my new bike. LG Seperleggera. I spent all winter on my trainer using trainerroad.com and I can't wait to put all of my work to the test.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    So it's been dead here for about a week or longer. Let's see if we can get some discussion going with a fun topic.

What gear, accessories, nutrition, rigs, etc have you bought this year that you're excited about?

Carbon wheels, just haven't had a chance to get them on and use them.
  • scott091501
    Options

Carbon wheels, just haven't had a chance to get them on and use them.

What kind?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Some older HEDs. Super slick looking, but have some tires I have zero experience with, they're glued on?
  • scott091501
    Options
    Tubulars!!! I don't have the balls to rock tubes. I can get a clincher changed in no time flat, but tubes scare me. Get your YouTube on and make sure you know how to change those puppies on the fly. Oh and get some fix-a-flat.
  • Drudoo
    Drudoo Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I've been purging gear which has been nice!

Sold my carbon clinchers, old ISM Adamo Racing II saddle and the XLAB WIng that I did not like.

I guess I could count that I just bought a new pair of swim jammers and am about 2 or 3 weeks from needing a new pair of goggles!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I had to buy smaller shorts & running tights and have been waiting for one of the local shops to have their annual sale on wheels.
  • WannabeSC
    WannabeSC Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Calavera swim wear for swim practice....cool swim wear that stays in place.