What are your stats? Prior and now

Options

Replies

• cjaniexo
    cjaniexo Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm Claire and I was recently sleeved 4/30/14. I am 5'4, 24 yrs old and from Houston :glasses:

Started going to seminars: 323 lb
    Started 4 week PreOp Diet: 311 lb
    Surgery Date: 291 lb
    Current weight: 273.8 lb

I have coworkers that have had WLS from the LapBand, to sleevers, and bypass.. but no one that I feel comfortable confiding in, so if anyone has any advice or tips I would love to hear them!

Thank you:flowerforyou:
  • Mrslewis711
    Options
    Wow!!! How amazing is that! I thank God for your post. y date for VSG is June 16. A bit scared that the cravings and urges will bombard me after surgery and I will give in. I don't want to fail at this.

I already started pureeing veggies and fruits. I plan to cook up TV dinners for my husband and son in advance to give myself a break.

I'm glad that am nervous but I believe, this is the right choice for me and I will need to rely totally on he LORD but am grateful that I am not alone.

You are an inspiration.
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I'm Claire and I was recently sleeved 4/30/14. I am 5'4, 24 yrs old and from Houston :glasses:

Started going to seminars: 323 lb
    Started 4 week PreOp Diet: 311 lb
    Surgery Date: 291 lb
    Current weight: 273.8 lb

I have coworkers that have had WLS from the LapBand, to sleevers, and bypass.. but no one that I feel comfortable confiding in, so if anyone has any advice or tips I would love to hear them!

Thank you:flowerforyou:

Claire, do you have support groups that your surgeon provides? Go there, talk to other patients and get comfortable with your choice. I don't announce it to everyone in the world, but I'm not afraid to tell anyone who asks or if it is a need to know thing. I also tend to tell wait staff in restaurants since I order ala carte mostly these days. I think as your comfort level rises and your confidence builds from the losses you will see, you will find a niche. Alternately, there is a WLS site that I used to frequent, but it changed it's name. Looks like it is BariatricPal.com. Many people like it. I found it didn't work for me, but you might want to see how it does for you.

Support in some fashion can be critical. I send best thoughts for you to find what you need.
  • trixasaurus
    Options
    Hello! My name is Kris, and I'm new to the group.

I just had Roux en Y gastric bypass on May 20, 2014 so there aren't any huge changes yet.

Height 5'6"
    Highest Weight: 273.2
    Surgery Weight: 255.5
    Largest size: 20W, 2XL
    Current Weight: 240.3
    Goal Weight: 150

It's a good feeling knowing that I have less than 100 pounds to go. I'm still on liquids, which has been the absolute hardest part so far. I'm always hungry.
  • kristenfain
    Options
    FIrst off Congrat to all of you,

My name is Kristen and I am in total shock of how much weight you guys have lost..... I mean its incredable!!! My question is how much did you excerise in the process of loosing all your weight??
  • prettiestpaula
    prettiestpaula Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just had RNY on May 20th, 2014. I started my journey at 325lbs, size 2x-3x shirt and a size 24 jeans. Today I weighed in at 310!!! Not bad for not even being 2 weeks out, I think. I can see the difference in my face and a little in my hips. I'm excited to see where I'm at in a year. I hope to have great success like all of you. =)
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    FIrst off Congrat to all of you,

My name is Kristen and I am in total shock of how much weight you guys have lost..... I mean its incredable!!! My question is how much did you excerise in the process of loosing all your weight??

Kristen, this answer is going to be different for anyone who answers. For me, it was slowly increasing walking, at about 6 weeks out joining a gym, steadily increasing my speeds and distances on the treadmill, walking outdoors on weekends, then adding in weight machines.

You want to exercise to maintain muscle and improve your general health, just do it wisely. You have to push yourself, but not hurt so badly you quit.

The exercise becomes even more important when your appetite starts to return, mine did with a VSG around the six month mark.

Find what you enjoy doing and work with that. I've gone from being on oxygen 24 hours a day to hiking up to medium elevations. I see great things ahead!
  • kristenfain
    Options
    Dward59: Thats wonderful!!! Thanks so much for the advice...I am very excited to figure out which routine of exercises I will enjoy!!!
  • jessicastegal
    Options
    Surgery: Gastric Sleeve 10/2012
    Starting weight: 301
    Size: pants 24/Tops 3XL

Current weight: 175.00
    Size: pants 14/Tops med/large

I have been on a plateau as far as weight loss for almost 6 months now but have not gained any weight back. I have been struggling with kidney stones and not been able to exercise as much as I was right after surgery.
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Surgery: Sleeved on 10/16/2013
    Highest weight: 315
    Surgery weight: 306
    Height: 5'4.5"
    Shirts: 3X
    Pants 26W
    Shoes: women's 8.5-9
    Ring size: 9

Currently:

Weight: 252
    Shirt: 2X
    Pants: 22W-24W depending on the brand
    Shoes: same
    Ring: 8.5

Can't wait for these stats to keep going down! :)

Still have a long way to go, but felt like updating my stats. :)

Currently (6/9/14)

Weight: 228.6
    Shirt: XL-XXL-2X (depending on the brand)
    Pants: 18W-20W
    Shoes: 8.5 (9's are too big now)
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Surgery: Sleeved on 10/16/2013
    Highest weight: 315
    Surgery weight: 306
    Height: 5'4.5"
    Shirts: 3X
    Pants 26W
    Shoes: women's 8.5-9
    Ring size: 9

Currently:

Weight: 252
    Shirt: 2X
    Pants: 22W-24W depending on the brand
    Shoes: same

Can't wait for these stats to keep going down! :)

Still have a long way to go, but felt like updating my stats. :)

Currently (6/9/14)

Weight: 228.6
    Shirt: XL-XXL-2X (depending on the brand)
    Pants: 18W-20W
    Shoes: 8.5 (9's are too big now)

You're doing an amazing job!
    Less than 30 lbs to go till Onederland! :-D
  • kittenincalgary
    kittenincalgary Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Im Allison. Im 44 and counting.
    Start weight was 380.9
    Goal weight is 180.0 (okay..200 would be awesome actually)
    Current weight is 357.1
    Ive completed all of the classes available in the local program & am waiting to take the next step towards my sleeve. I'm not expecting to even know my surgery date for a few months, but thats fine by me, it gives me time really make all the adjustments needed. :happy:

52117485.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • glyndalin
    glyndalin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Howdy, all!

I'm Glenda. I'm 45.

My highest weight was 303 (that I know of...I stopped weighing).
    My current weight is 249.
    My goal weight is anything under 200, but the doctor is hoping for 150.

I have 6 weeks left on my doctor supervised weight loss plan as required by insurance and then HOPEFULLY I will be able to have both my surgical hernia (from a major problem last year) and the gastric bypass done at the end of August / beginning of September.

In the meantime, I'm working hard to keep from gaining weight. My body's metabolism is a BIG mess, and after the surgery last year, it just got messier. I was gaining 10 pounds every 2 weeks WHILE using MFP and trying to be as active as I could post-surgery (which may have led to the hernia.)

I'm very encouraged by all your successes and I hope to be one myself soon.
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Prior to surgery: 236 lbs was my highest. Size 20.
    Sleeved on 6/9/14
    Current weight is 203 lbs. Size 16. I am 5'5.
    Goal weight is 150. I want to be in the normal BMI range.
  • stateofzen
    Options
    My heaviest was 293

Height: 5'5.5
    Starting weight: 264 (official day of surgery start- I prelost by low carbing to get some practice with eating differently)
    Date of Surgery: banded on 9-17-2010
    Jeans size: 26
    Shirt size: 3-4x
    Shoe size 9

Current weight: 169
    Jean size: 12
    Shirt size: L
    Shoe size: 8 1/2

Goal weight: 140-145 maintenance range

I got down to 155 within 18 months and maintained for a while there, but have slowly let it creep back up to 176 over the last two years. I'm putting a stop to that and rededicating work toward my goal. I'd love to see 155 again by my surgery anniversary in September (4years!), with the remaining 10-15 happening by my 5year anniversary.

I also plan tummy tuck for the spring. I was supposed to do it this May but I decided not to spend the money and recovery time on it when I didn't feel like I was doing my part with diet and fitness. But i definitely want it- my stomachs (yes, 2- the one above my navel and the one below) are what're holding me back from going much lower in clothing sizes.
  • KimBacon1955
    Options
    Hi my name is Kim and I'm excited to be part of this group. I had RNY By Pass June 17, 2014 (Tuesday will be 5 weeks) in Dallas TX
    I'm 58 years old
    5ft 5in (I used to be taller, but I'm shrinking in my old age):wink:
    My high weight was 229, my official start weight for the DR. was 227.....but I was 225 when I started MFP and can't figure out how to get my start weight to change.

I was wearing 18/20...prior to surgery...but they were tight I needed to move up but refused

Current weight 205.3 I have one of those wifi scales that syncs with all my technology so I'll admit right here and now that I weigh daily and probably will as long as it's fun
    Some of my size 16s are starting to fit...some are still tight, my abdomen is still a bit tender and I don't like anything tight across it.
    I really want to get better about logging my food...I do good for a few days, then fall off the wagon...It's not like there a lot a intake right now.
  • ammiller04
    ammiller04 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! CONGRATS!!!
  • TurnerErica17
    TurnerErica17 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My heaviest was 413

Height: 5'8
    Starting weight: 413
    Date of Surgery: 05/08/13
    Jeans size: 32
    Shirt size: 4x-5x
    Shoe size 9

Current weight: 266
    Jean size: 18
    Shirt size: xl
    Shoe size: 8

Goal weight: 200lbs
    BEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE AND I WOULD DO IT ALLLLLLLLLL OVER AGAIN IF I HAD TOO.
  • Ame00579
    Ame00579 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am new to this site and new to WLS...I had my sleeve done on July 15, 2014. I just wanted to take a moment to explain that you all are such an amazing inspiration to me. I see that what I have in front of me is possible and I will achieve my goals. Thank you all for being such a great resource!
  • kvandeman
    kvandeman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest I was 300 lbs 01/2013

Height 5'4''
    Weight at surgery 276
    Surgery date 07/16/2013
    Jeans a tight 24
    Shirt 3x
    Shoe 10w

Currently
    Weight 201
    Jeans 12-14 depending on style
    Shirt L ( I too like them bigger)
    Shoe 9

I measured my waist this evening and I have lost about 13 inches there and about 8 in my hips. My original measurements weren't very accurate though and tonight the measurements were taken over clothes so could be a bit smaller and I did it with no help.