• Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    4 mile walk

exercise.png
  • sunflower9194
    sunflower9194 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Back for another month - The heat is on - Setting my goal for June at 120 miles !!!

June 2nd: 5 miles (*Running*)
    June 4th: 10 miles (*Road Cycling*)
    June 4th: 1.75 miles (*Swimming - Drills*)

***JUNE 8TH - GREATER NASHUA TRIATHLON (Spint Distance)***
    It was truly a great day – Here’s my recap: The weather was amazing, the water temp was perfect and a friend was ready to check an item off his “bucket-list” and try not drown in the process. My bike was prepped, gear laid out in the right place/order and I squeezed into my wetsuit and headed down to the water. I was in wave 10 and watched the younger “kids” go 1st – it was awesome. Then it was my turn … cap on, goggles secured and into the water I went (felt nice and cool). Had a fantastic swim (.33 miles) got into my stride before the 1st turn and lead my wave out of the water w/ a time 9:08 (*1:32 faster than last year). Transition #1 went well and I was on my bike quickly. The course was 10 miles and my pace was 16.5 mph with a finish of 34:55 (*2:24 faster than last year). Transition #2 went quickly and I was off and running. Got my “running legs” under me by the 1st quarter mile. Everything was going great until about mile 2. I started to cramp up, both hamstrings, the left was worse, I slowed my pace, but I kept pushing myself. *Note: I had been hydrating the entire morning and throughout the race, but apparently not enough to account for the higher than forecasted temps and severe lack of shade on the course (Blah, blah, blah . . . excuses, excuses). Somewhere just after mile 2, I had to stop, stretch and massage my legs for a bit. The stoppage was less than a minute and I hated it, every second of it!!! I started running again and kept going determined not to stop until I finished and I never did . . . I finished the run with a time of 38:12 - not my best time for a 5k that’s for sure. My total time for the triathlon was 1:30:21. Ultimately, I was faster than last year in total, but I know that I could have been faster and that is what still bothers me and will motivate me . . . So now it’s back to training for the next race (RibFest 5-miler on Father's Day), back to researching hydration/fuel solutions, back to conditioning drills and even back to my life. PS: I hate running :-)
    **Swim: .33 miles
    **Bike: 10 miles
    **Run: 3.25 miles

June 9th: .5 miles (*Drills*)

*Total (So far): 28 miles

Congratulations on your triathlon! I can relate to the hamstring cramps, happened to me in a road race in April and had to stop to stretch. I'm getting ready for my first tri in July. Good tip about making sure to be and stay hydrated.
  • sunflower9194
    sunflower9194 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Oh... and added 15.6 biking miles, plus some swim and run miles for a total of 89.7 so far this month. I'm way ahead of where I anticipated being at this point so I'm going to be brave and increase my goal to 150 for the month.

n3h4m5.png
  • SqueakMonster
    Options
    June 9th - 1.5 miles
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options

DJMICHEALS - Good luck on your 5K!! And HEY, you run exactly the same speed that I do!!!! What are the odds?!? :bigsmile::laugh:

Dave

It's probably because I walk most of the time with little bursts of speed. I haven't run in ages, more than 10 years, so I think my body would revolt. :noway:

I was trying to make a joke because that's exactly how fast I run too....my finish time for the 5K I'm doing tonight will also be somewhere between 30 and 90 minutes. :wink::bigsmile:

Dave

I knew you were joking, Dave. :laugh:
  • Libi_KK
    Options
    3.7 mile walk. Was about to pass a fairly large spider on the sidewalk when it decided to show off it's jumping skills forcing me to show off mine. At least the driver passing me didn't crash his car when he saw my attempts at a ballet move.

OMG, Kar! I would have done the same thing.
  • Libi_KK
    Options
    And also, logging in for June 1-8, 20.93 all walking miles.

The Color Me Rad 5K in Sioux City was a blast yesterday. I had an awesome time. I walked from the hotel to the event, then back. A total of 4.12 miles in 1:17:07.

I would have been quicker, but it was punctuated by a massive wipe out on an extremely uneven sidewalk. I am currently sitting on the couch with my foot elevated on the coffee table, wrapped in a brace with an ice pack. Boogered my right ankle but good, skinned my left knee, and wrenched my left wrist and shoulder.

But I had a heck of a good time. Next month is Color Run in Des Moines and hubs said he wants to go with me and **PARTICIPATE** because it looked like such fun.

So I ordered him this shirt. 74a349b3-3422-44c4-b73f-d5575ca3e58d_zps3c566c56.jpg

exercise.png
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I know some of you are already dealing with the summer heat and some of you, well, not so much. :laugh: The weather is just plain confused here in Ohio. Hot and humid last week, coolish and rainy this week, who knows after Wednesday though. :huh: It looked scary today, but it stayed dry so I got a nice long walk. This time without the downpour at the halfway point. :laugh:

Added 10 miles today

June total 61.75 miles. :bigsmile: Probably need to up the goal but....not yet.

exercise.png

@lamlam2013 I'm so sorry. :flowerforyou: I'm glad getting on on the bike is helping you get through everything life is throwing at you now. :flowerforyou:

@MLNH Congrats on the Triathalon

@djmichaels Congrats on your 5K too. Hope you heal soon. (I too have problems with sidewalks that seem designed to trip me. :laugh: )

@hkristine1 Enjoy your vacation!

@319sara I just wanted to say I really admire you. You may not have the highest miles or anything, but you always get moving everyday, whether it's at home walking or on the bike, or at the gym in class or the pool or outside when you can. That is the kind of consistancy I am trying to develop myself. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

And, I know it's been said before, but I wanted to thank Dave and Janet and Dinos for all the work you put in keeping this challenge running. :drinker: :drinker: Thank you Thank you Thank you.:drinker: :drinker:
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    6/9 - walked 3.02 miles

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

Thank you, Taxmom, it's very much appreciated. :flowerfoyou:

About all I'm going to say about my Electric Run 5K last Friday night is TOO MANY &#$@* PEOPLE coupled with too many dumb@$$es stopping dead in the middle of the street all along the course to take pictures and selfies of the lame light up inflatables and decorations that won't even turn out because it was NIGHTTIME. Grrrrrrrr..... I knew it wasn't going to be a run for time, but it was still aggravating and chaotic. I'm still trying to find out the official number of participants, but it was flipping insane how many people there were. :grumble: And did I mention the tons of baby strollers? Not just single strolllers, but ones for 2, 3, and 4 kids. I have nothing against them generally, but it was just too crowded and I ended up getting taking out by one. They got tangled up in my feet and I rolled over the stroller and ended up on the ground. It's a miracle I didn't crush one of the kids in the stroller.

That was almost enough to turn me agoraphobic.

Dave
    aka "Grumpy Old Man"
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Last week: 7.65 miles

exercise.png
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    With travel time today I can only claim 2.42 walking miles
  • keninf
    keninf Posts: 215 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Adding 25 miles to my total. That's 100 out of 400.

exercise.png
  • megan_elizabeth8
    megan_elizabeth8 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    adding 1.2 miles.
    30.5 total

exercise.png
  • CeeCeeMee
    CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Catching up on my totals before vacation "officially" starts. I'm up to 16.4 now, so almost where I should be. Finally.

exercise.png
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    6/6 - 11 miles
    6/7 - 8 miles
    6/8 - 14 miles
    6/9 - 13 miles

exercise.png
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options