JUNE 2014 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Nice day for a ride. Put in 21 miles for an even 40 miles out of 400. I don't think that puts me in the green but I'm just getting started. Watch out all you greenies. I'm coming for you! :laugh: :devil: :laugh: :devil: :laugh: :devil: :laugh: :devil:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    QOTD:
    s4-61_27_05_14_16_29.png

Very nice Speedy! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Where do you find all these great quotes! :smile: I love it. :drinker: :drinker:
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    2.06 miles on the treadmill-couch to 5k!

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @speedyf - Nice pictures. I love shady trails. Is that gravel though? I would be going super slow. I don't like feeling my tires slip.

@verdemujer:
    On big down hills like this one, it's gravel over rock dust. I'm pretty sure they put gravel to slow down bikers. Not an easy descent and the ascent is even harder! No grip.

Speedy - You need a Fat Tire bike. I have one with 4" wide tires. It gets amazing grip on gravel, mud and snow. Not so much on pavement though. I have been riding that one on trails instead of my mountain bike and it's been a lot of fun. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Beautiful pictures. :drinker: :drinker:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I have been suffering MAJOR fatigue the last couple of days & it is hard to get motivated! Had my iron checked today when I went & gave blood & it is good so it must be my hormones! I did ride my bike 6 miles but the wind started blowing 20mph & I just wasn't into fighting it!

exercise.png
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    June 2014

Had to travel a lot today did not get to walk as much as I would like

Total for June: 27.9 miles

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,340 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

K80FLEC - No worries, I've got you down. Go ahead and change your ticker over to June. :drinker:

DJMICHEALS - Good luck on your 5K!! And HEY, you run exactly the same speed that I do!!!! What are the odds?!? :bigsmile::laugh:

SPEEDYF - Not you too, Annie!?!?! :cry: I don't want anyone else getting hurt on their bikes.... You probably don't need to check everything before every ride, but a very thorough check before each riding season and then a once-a-month spot check should be sufficient. Handlebar stems don't usually come loose if they were tightened properly in the first place. :noway:

GALACTUSEMPIRE - If you go to the Group's home page and scroll down to the listing of threads, you'll see one marked FAQ's. Click on that and then scroll down until you find the one covering Tickers. It should explain pretty much everything you need to know about how to create and update a ticker. If you still have questions, shoot me a message and I'll try to help you. :smile:

VHUBER - Get some rest and get rid of that cold. Hope you feel better soon!

Well, I just got home from work at almost 11:30pm. WAY too late. Thankfully, I got a good 3.5 mile walk in during the day.

Dave
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,428 Member
    Options
    Getting hot around here!!

Tuesday - 2.49 miles
    Wednesday - 10.0 miles

exercise.png

Have a great Thursday, everyone!

Chris
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options

Here too! It's supposed to be 102 Saturday :noway:

1.7 walk for me today

exercise.png
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 7.50 walking miles for today...then i'm jumping on to a jet in 6 hrs...i'm out of hereeeeeeeeeeee..well. my home town at least.

exercise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    June 5: 13.5 miles running and walking

TTD: 73.5 miles

exercise.png
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,428 Member
    Options

You know, that means rollin' outa bed at the sound of the roosters and walking when it firsts gets light. :grumble:

Chris
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    6/4 - 4 miles

exercise.png
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

You know, that means rollin' outa bed at the sound of the roosters and walking when it firsts gets light. :grumble:

Chris

LOL! I love days like that when I have already put in my miles and showered off the sweat and am taking a nap at the same time other people are just getting their first cup of coffee! :yawn:
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    c25k w6d2 yesterday with a couple of friends. It was HOT!

exercise.png
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Woke up yesterday with those mystery bruises that appear after a mishap. :grumble: The one on and above the left knee are probably from the fence, and the inside of the right knee...maybe the bike frame? :huh: Luckily nothing painful when I walk so I still moving right along. And no, no one had to step over me. That's what started the whole thing was me trying to be sure we didn't run into each other. That mission was accomplished. :laugh:

Speedy I would love to ride there. OK, with my skills, I think walk might be a safer option though. :laugh: Great pictures. I'm glad you were't badly injured too. Sadly, I can't blame my fall on equipment failure. (Unless you count my shaky sense of balance as equipment :laugh: )

I managed to get half a walk in before the rain started. :smile: And the other half in a downpour. :frown: It's cooler here today, so I think I'll get out on the trails today.:bigsmile: Walking. :laugh:

6.5 miles yesterday, June total 29.25 miles :smile:

exercise.png
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    @speedyf - Nice pictures. I love shady trails. Is that gravel though? I would be going super slow. I don't like feeling my tires slip.

@verdemujer:
    On big down hills like this one, it's gravel over rock dust. I'm pretty sure they put gravel to slow down bikers. Not an easy descent and the ascent is even harder! No grip.

Speedy - You need a Fat Tire bike. I have one with 4" wide tires. It gets amazing grip on gravel, mud and snow. Not so much on pavement though. I have been riding that one on trails instead of my mountain bike and it's been a lot of fun. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

@sufferlandria:
    Thanks for the tip. I thought about it, and I think that's what I'll do. I don't ride much pavement with the bike, except to get to the trail, so that shouldn't be a problem. I'll also need a much much better seat bike !!! Lets say that after 1.5 hours yesterday, I was glad my bike ride was over ! :laugh: :tongue:
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    QOTD:
    s4-61_27_05_14_16_29.png

Very nice Speedy! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Where do you find all these great quotes! :smile: I love it. :drinker: :drinker:

@sufferlandria:
    Have a Tumblr account to keep me motivated, and I usually take about an hour on the Internet daily to find gifs and images to post on my wall. That's what keeps me going. Looks like my followers like them too :laugh: Always been a quote lover, and I'm a visual person, so I found a way to get the best of both worlds :tongue: While doing 'research' for motivational quotes, I very often stop and go outside, doing 'something', anything, to keep me moving. Working from home have its benefits :laugh:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

Have a great Thursday, everyone!

Chris

Chris - It's getting hot around here too. It got up to 69 while I was riding yesterday and I was burning up. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

@verdemujer:

@sufferlandria:
    Thanks for the tip. I thought about it, and I think that's what I'll do. I don't ride much pavement with the bike, except to get to the trail, so that shouldn't be a problem. I'll also need a much much better seat bike !!! Lets say that after 1.5 hours yesterday, I was glad my bike ride was over ! :laugh: :tongue:

Speedy - One of the really nice things about a Fat Tire bike is the low pressure in the tires. Mine say 20 PSI but I usually run them about 10 PSI and they act like shock absorbers. They conform more to things on the trail like rocks, stumps and groves so they soften the jarring that your buttock would have taken. :wink: :wink:
This discussion has been closed.