Heather's Birthday Challenge

Options

Replies

• blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I actually had to look to see what I am set at. Its 35, 30, 35. I think for the most part I stick to it but I never pay attention until the end of the day, not the middle of the night or next morning when I am logging some petty heavy carb damage.

Honestly I probably need more carbs because I feel like **** 60% of the time. Headaches, etc. I wish I could find a good balance but I am almost terrified of them now because I really do notice even a little makes me want more. Its a chain reaction for me. I might try that eat carbs just in the morning thing.
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I actually had to look to see what I am set at. Its 35, 30, 35. I think for the most part I stick to it but I never pay attention until the end of the day, not the middle of the night or next morning when I am logging some petty heavy carb damage.

Honestly I probably need more carbs because I feel like **** 60% of the time. Headaches, etc. I wish I could find a good balance but I am almost terrified of them now because I really do notice even a little makes me want more. Its a chain reaction for me. I might try that eat carbs just in the morning thing.

Heather, do you think your headaches and feeling crappy are from not getting enough food for most of the day? Your blood sugar is probably tanked!
  • kaliya89
    kaliya89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I've been horrible about tracking food this week. A month of tracking and having a net loss of 2 pounds was a bit discouraging, even though I know a lot of that is because of poor food choices on my part. Just saw this challenge, and I think this is just what I need to focus again.

I'm not in for the no sugar challenge this weekend because a) ) I ate sugar yesterday and am currently drinking tea and b) Father's Day is tomorrow, but I will be starting a no-added-sugars cleanse on Monday. I've only successfully done this cleanse once, but it made me feel better, and I managed to lose 12 pounds in 3 weeks, so I know I could lose at least really close to 15 pounds if I manage to focus this time.

So, thanks for the challenge! Hopefully this will be the kick in the pants I need to get started again.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Awesome, Kaliya! Welcome aboard the crazy train!
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I've been going back and forth about joining this challenge. At this point in my journey, it's damn near impossible for me to lose 3-4 pounds a week. Part of me is afraid that if I join I will be setting myself up for failure. But then the other part says that the challenge would be good just to get me back on track full time. So, with that said, I believe I am going to join the challenge for accountability sake but am not really going to put a number on my weekly weight loss. Does that make sense? The only other thing is, my weigh-in day is Mondays so I won't log a weigh-in till then. Is that alright?
  • blondageh
    Options
    That is perfectly fine, Dee! Would love to have you! Hey, it's kind of just an accountability support group. We have our discussions here, but we don't have the weigh ins like weight watchers etc. This is where that challenge fits in. I need that accountability for an extra push once in a while.
  • artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    OMG sugar!!!!!! I don't even think about it until I deny myself. I should have known better than to try the challenge. I just walked past my diabetic husband eating ice cream out of the carton and thought OMG I WANT SOME. No I don't. It's just bland old chocolate and vanilla. I only want it because I am doing this no sugar thing. I usually don't say anything to him about what he eats because honestly I don't want him critiquing things I eat, but I said... is that worth the insulin you have to take for that? He looked at me and said no. But I wanted ice cream and this was all we had. So now I sit here drinking my water and wondering how I am going to stop myself from sugar over indulgence on Monday when this mini challenge is over!!
  • blondageh
    Options
    Hopefully you are gonna feel so good and notice a scale drop, that will stop you. ????
  • artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I hope you are right Heather!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    OMG sugar!!!!!! I don't even think about it until I deny myself. I should have known better than to try the challenge. I just walked past my diabetic husband eating ice cream out of the carton and thought OMG I WANT SOME. No I don't. It's just bland old chocolate and vanilla. I only want it because I am doing this no sugar thing. I usually don't say anything to him about what he eats because honestly I don't want him critiquing things I eat, but I said... is that worth the insulin you have to take for that? He looked at me and said no. But I wanted ice cream and this was all we had. So now I sit here drinking my water and wondering how I am going to stop myself from sugar over indulgence on Monday when this mini challenge is over!!

By the time the mini is over, the sugar should be out of your system, so your cravings will be psychological rather than physical. Don't set yourself up to fail, Diana. Instead of stressing out about the impending Monday binge, think about how you can turn three days into four or five or a week or a month. Your body will thank you! You can do this!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Seven hours left of the mini challenge (for eastern time). How'd you do? We can try this again on a NON-Holiday weekend too.

What do you think of a three day No Bread mini challenge this week? Again, not that bread is necessarily bad but why not try some calorie replacements that are more vitamin and mineral rich--like berries, or beans, or brown rice and veggies.

Karen in Maine, spending way too much time thinking about evil???? challenges.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    WELL THAT WAS FUN!

I can't even celebrate with a good sugar binge today. I'm on pre-colonoscopy diet of chicken broth and sugar free popsicles. I already feel faint and I'm not even out of bed yet!!!

How spoiled I am--there are starving people all over the world who would love to have a giant jar of chicken bullion cubes and the fresh water to add to it.
  • blondageh
    Options
    Karen, I don't envy you today

Here are my results....

Cake =1 Heather = 0. ????????

Argh! It was that stupid cake! Sitting on the counter and our A/C blew again last night. 80 degrees inside... I couldn't sleep. I went for the cake. I will bend over for my spankings now

In for bread challenge for sure!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I have zero problems with the bread challenge - I hardly eat any of it at all as it is... LOL

As for the sugar challenge, apparently being broke as 9 kinds of hell and having no real sweets in the house helped me some. I actually had way less problems than I anticipated. However, on Sunday, I hadn't eaten, fiance and I got into a domestic squabble that was quite heated (related to the money thing), walked to the library, and then to a bathroom, and without a gallbladder, I was going bile for a while. Since I swung by my office (for the restroom), I wanted to see if I had anything stashed I could eat...

I had my emergency ramen noodles lunch backup from eons ago...and I had a granola bar (oats & honey), and I was so utterly thankful to put something on my stomach that I didn't think about the sugar in it until after. I was so mad because that was 4 pm yesterday. I had inadvertently upped my startchy carbs, but I had no sugar, and mostly stayed close to calorie goals. Then the spaghetti sauce recipe I had to wing for dinner used a few tsp of sugar, and not having ever really made sauce at home before, I didn't want to mess with it being splenda or anything, so I added the sugar there. Double whammy fail.

And I feel really stupid, actually because I kicked my own butt all weekend, and it really wasn't too too hard, but it wasn't fun either. Only thing I had for breakfast to eat at work was oatmeal, so one packed of unsweetened and one of blueberries and creme... I'm sure I'll pass out from the carbs soon...

Anyway, hope someone, anyone did better than me...

Hugs, All
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Happy to join for the bread one, just say when it starts :)
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Oh, tough breaks all around! I think Diana, Pat, and I are the only survivors of the no sugar mini challenge. Anyone else???

All weekend I kept thinking about the Seinfeld episode where they challenge each other not to *kitten*, and Kramer lasts like 20 minutes. Bwahahahahahaaa.
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Didn't make the no sugar challenge...but looking forward to the no bread challenge!!!
  • melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I had sugar-free coffee creamer and some Tropicana Trop50, once each this weekend! That's pretty good on the no sugars :). Good job guys!

Bread will be HARD for me. How long will it be?!
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I did really well on the no sugar but of course not having anything sweet in the house was a huge help as was the no money so I couldn't go buy anything. LOL I did my initial weigh in today. I was up a pound from last week but that's really no surprise to me. It was a crazy weekend with several long visits to the ER which resulted in less steps and WAY below water intake. And let me tell you, my legs are showing me that. They are so swollen, I'm surprised it was only one pound. Bread free really wouldn't be too hard for me......I barely eat any bread. It's too filling and too heavy for my pouch. Hope everyone is having a great Monday.

Dee in MO