Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was W5D3 and I managed it okay. I knew I could do it because I ran 20 minutes for the last cycle of W4D3. It was tough this time, though! I was feeling a bit under the weather, but I figured I would give it a shot and I told myself I could quit if I needed to. I made it, though! Even ran an extra couple of minutes just because I was *finally* starting to feel okay. Did a long cooldown because I wanted to get a few more steps in.

I guess it's good to know that even when it feels really hard, I can still make it through. On to week 6!
  • Sergette1
    Sergette1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I' ve finished C25K in Febr 2014, it took me almost 6 months .... even though I was walking 1.5 - 2 hours a day in good pace!!

The phrase "don't worry you can quit if you want to" saved me a lot of times as you mentioned NorahCait (along with "slow wins the race")

Until now I run 30 - 35 minutes (almost 4.5km) 3 times a week, I haven't reached the 5K-30min goal yet. Any suggestions?
  • michelle0989
    michelle0989 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This is my second time through the program after taking a few month's break from running. I began with W4D1 because I felt I still had some of my endurance. It proved difficult and even after the last day that week (W4D3) I felt that I wasn't ready to move forward. Even with my apprehension, I moved on to W5D1 on Thursday (5-5-5) and it was so doable and I felt great. I did W5D2 yesterday (8-8) and that was a bit hard towards the end of the second 8 minute run, but I finished it! I just wanted to share my advice, much like others have, that if you feel like you struggled on runs and are nervous to move on to the next week, trust in the program and move forward! It really works! I signed up for a 5K at the end of August that I'm so excited for. I'll be checking in here now that I found this thread :)
  • michelle0989
    michelle0989 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was W5D3 and I managed it okay. I knew I could do it because I ran 20 minutes for the last cycle of W4D3. It was tough this time, though! I was feeling a bit under the weather, but I figured I would give it a shot and I told myself I could quit if I needed to. I made it, though! Even ran an extra couple of minutes just because I was *finally* starting to feel okay. Did a long cooldown because I wanted to get a few more steps in.

I guess it's good to know that even when it feels really hard, I can still make it through. On to week 6!

Amazing job! I have my 20 minute run tomorrow... I'm nervous but excited :)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Love revisiting this thread from time to time to see all the AWESOME!
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    W6D2: two 10-minute jog intervals sandwiching a 3 minute walk.

So here's something weird: my feet felt fine ASIDE from in the walking portion, where they actually started to ache/burn a little, and they continued to until I got midway through jog #2.

However, my legs feel great! No more calf pain, thanks in huge part to the new kicks and the foam roller... oy. There's a fun tool. ;)
  • nicca_jb
    Options
    Week 9, Day 3 tonight. I have come to the end of my C25k journey. Found out I'm running between 13:40 and 13:45 per mile, so hopefully I'll be able to get under 13 minutes per mile before my first race. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all their support and kind words. Best of luck to all of you.

CONGRATS!!! That is awesome! :)
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I finished week 1 last night and looking forward to week 2. I didn't realize this app paused if you got a phone call... We (my daughter and I) were on the first run and my husband called. I ignored the call and just continued running, and running and running...finally I couldn't run anymore. When I stopped and started walking, my daughter was like, "didn't you say we only run 60 seconds at a time?" That's when I looked at my phone and noticed the app had paused. lol I won't make that mistake again! Also, I don't know what made me think I could actually keep up with my daughter who is 20 years younger than me and use to run cross country. We got a lot of rain yesterday so last night so we ran on the streets. I much prefer the park trails I ran on before.

Where do you like to run?
  • bmeshael
    bmeshael Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So, I did W1D1 last night. I have disliked running for as long as I can remember, but I am going to be participating in a 5K once school starts again and I am hoping this can help me get somewhat prepared! And, who knows, maybe I'll find a new-found love of running.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I finished week 1 last night and looking forward to week 2. I didn't realize this app paused if you got a phone call... We (my daughter and I) were on the first run and my husband called. I ignored the call and just continued running, and running and running...finally I couldn't run anymore. When I stopped and started walking, my daughter was like, "didn't you say we only run 60 seconds at a time?" That's when I looked at my phone and noticed the app had paused. lol I won't make that mistake again! Also, I don't know what made me think I could actually keep up with my daughter who is 20 years younger than me and use to run cross country. We got a lot of rain yesterday so last night so we ran on the streets. I much prefer the park trails I ran on before.

Where do you like to run?

My favorite place to run is at my local National Park- nice pavement, not much traffic, lots of trees, rolling hills. Other than that, any place that's not concrete. We have lots of nice trails around here, but most of them are concrete- that kills my feet!
    So, I did W1D1 last night. I have disliked running for as long as I can remember, but I am going to be participating in a 5K once school starts again and I am hoping this can help me get somewhat prepared! And, who knows, maybe I'll find a new-found love of running.

Great job getting out there! If you are struggling with the runs, remember to slow down! You can do this!
  • Andiebeanluvsu
    Andiebeanluvsu Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Well I WAS going to move forward and try out my 30 minute run today W8D2 but it looks like we will be getting severe weather all day today :(. I'll keep my running clothes on anyway, in case we get a break, but it's not looking so good. It's like the forces of nature do NOT want me to finish this program!
  • Andiebeanluvsu
    Options
    Well, the weather cleared up long enough for me to complete W8D2. One more run left, and I'm done!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Well, the weather cleared up long enough for me to complete W8D2. One more run left, and I'm done!

Well done. So what's the plan next?
  • amykay9377
    amykay9377 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    W4D1 and W4D2 done! I was worried, and went in to this thinking "I'll do as much as I can during the 5 minute run, then drop down to a walk" but I did all of the 5 minutes! And then I did it again! I felt like I just kept going and going for the 2nd 5 minutes, and when the lady came on to say "one more minute" I was greatly confused and thought that I ran through my whole cool down! Nope, just a minute left to go in my run! I seriously can't believe that I ran for 16 minutes, with only a few walk breaks!
  • emy_r
    emy_r Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I joined this group a couple of weeks ago, but today is my first time posting. I want to join in the fun! I'm doing the C25Kfree app (Zen labs), and I just finished W4D3 yesterday. Moving on to week 5 tomorrow. Nervous, but excited too.
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options

That's great!
  • Andiebeanluvsu
    Options

Well done. So what's the plan next?

I think I'm just going to roll right into the 10k program. I figure the longer my runs get, the faster I will be able to run the short ones. My app takes 5 more weeks to get to 10k, after that idk--I might do the 21k runner. I'm not sure yet.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I so want to get out running! My schedule between work and a project I'm doing for my church (that needs to be done by Sunday) is leaving little room for anything else. (Including sleep)
  • nicca_jb
    Options
    W6D3 last night - 22 mins. I fumbled a little and walked from minutes 15-17, but got back on for the last 5...

Saturday I have another 5K which I'll take one step at a time ;) I was considering a redo of yesterday, but since I have the run this weekend I figure I'll move on to W7 afterward.
  • nicca_jb
    Options
    W4D1 and W4D2 done! I was worried, and went in to this thinking "I'll do as much as I can during the 5 minute run, then drop down to a walk" but I did all of the 5 minutes! And then I did it again! I felt like I just kept going and going for the 2nd 5 minutes, and when the lady came on to say "one more minute" I was greatly confused and thought that I ran through my whole cool down! Nope, just a minute left to go in my run! I seriously can't believe that I ran for 16 minutes, with only a few walk breaks!

WTG!! I would NOT have believed in W4 that I'd be running that same amount *straight*, but you sound like you're on track to do just that!