Heather's Birthday Challenge

Options

Replies

• kaliya89
    kaliya89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    What are we counting as bread? I mean, obviously bread itself, but what else? I have my week planned out, and I have nothing with gluten in it (bread, pasta, flour tortillas), but I do have a lot of brown rice and quinoa.
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    For me, just giving up bread, rolls, and croutons will be a challenge...but I am up for the task! :-)

Angie
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    When I get back to work tomorrow I will figure a way to set and track our minis
  • artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I did survive the sugar challenge! Barely! I had a cupcake in my hand on Father's Day and it was creeping towards my mouth ever so slowly...and then I put it back down and walked away! Woohoo!

I don't eat much bread. Maybe a bagel or English muffin here or there, especially if I don't have anything else for breakfast. But I don't think it would be enough of a challenge for me to feel like I "gave up" bread. So I will certainly cheer on anyone who does decide to do the mini bread challenge!!

I am loving this Birthday Challenge. It has really jump started me back again. I have been stalled probably since November. Still making much better choices than I was a year and a half ago, but not exercising...not being as good as I could be. So this has been a good thing for me. I have used this first week as a new beginning... and it is working! I feel motivated (the nicer weather may be helping with that too!) and feel like I can do this again.

So thanks Heather for having a July Birthday!!

Diana in ME
  • blondageh
    Options
    OK WE NEED TO DECIDE ON THE BREAD CHALLENGE.

Are we doing no bread or no GRAINS?

I say we start with no BREADS, and then we can work our way up to no grains for a week or something. So, no breads would include, bread, buns, rolls, tortillas, pancakes, bagels, muffins. You get the idea.

If you currently eat these, it will be fun to watch your carbs macros drop dramatically. As long as you aren't reaching for a bowl of cereal or a granola bar to make up for it. I suggest using lettuce wraps or salad mix in place of what you would've used bread for. That is the read challenge. Instead of replacing one grain with another, try replacing it with a vegetable!

So, lets try to do it from tomorrow until Sunday night. I will make a simple X chart to put next to your name on another tab to mark our weekly Mini challenges.

Working on it now.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I'll have to sit this one out, unfortunately. I have such limited food at the moment that if I eliminated all of that, I wouldn't have much of anything to eat. Y'all have fun with this one... Hugs.
  • IlluminatedMayhem
    Options
    I don't eat a usually eat a lot of bread but since its been hot, I have been doing more wraps and sandwiches. I could probably just do more salads instead. This one should be fun. :)
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Can't really do the no carb challenge, especially since I just had a delicious sandwich. With my work schedule lately Lunch or Breakfast usually needs to be a bit faster so it's usually a sandwich or some bread. But good luck to everyone else.
  • blondageh
    Options
    Well, I just surpassed what I weighed on my Bday last year. I had to go into reports to double check. I felt so accomplished last year and like in was really trimming down. This year, not so much. Yes, I do feel like it is a big accomplishment, but not feeling trim at all. Probably because I have been here before. Once I reach a new low, those feelings should come. 11 more pounds and that will be a new low for about I don't know, 8 yrs?
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Well, I just surpassed what I weighed on my Bday last year. I had to go into reports to double check. I felt so accomplished last year and like in was really trimming down. This year, not so much. Yes, I do feel like it is a big accomplishment, but not feeling trim at all. Probably because I have been here before. Once I reach a new low, those feelings should come. 11 more pounds and that will be a new low for about I don't know, 8 yrs?

Woohoo!!!
    FANTASTIC!!!
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I guess I should have read this yesterday.... LOL.... I had a breakfast sandwich. OK. Day 2. I will try to start today. That's they very best I can do.
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I guess I should have read this yesterday.... LOL.... I had a breakfast sandwich. OK. Day 2. I will try to start today. That's they very best I can do.

Cari, you and I can do the no bread mini mini, since I had a croissant this morning. Starting now!
    Karen
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Went to lunch...nothing at home that would go best with bread...

Ordered grilled chicken, baked potato, and green beans (like a good girl)

When the waitress brought me my meal there was a roll!!! Yikes.

But thanks to you all...I left it sit.

:flowerforyou:

Angie
  • blondageh
    Options
    Reminder - Today is weigh in day!!! So wish it wasn't. I think my WHOLE BODY is infected. Not just my eye. My scale has jumped. I am pretty sure I am in need of antibiotics. This isn't really related to the challenge, but I am just putting it out there. I'm a walking infection right now.
  • blondageh
    Options
    HOLY MOLY!!!!

WE HAVE A SUPER STAR THIS WEEK!! SOMEONE LOST ALMOST 10 WHOLE POUNDS!!!!

Diana -- A.K.A. Artelyn you are indeed a....

super_star_kids_stickers-r154e2f8c50664169be62ceb1d347684b_v9waf_8byvr_512.jpg
  • melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Awesome job :)
  • blondageh
    Options
    Oh and just a reminder.. NEVER to late to join the party.... here is a little "I told ya so" too! :tongue:
    OMG sugar!!!!!! I don't even think about it until I deny myself. I should have known better than to try the challenge....So now I sit here drinking my water and wondering how I am going to stop myself from sugar over indulgence on Monday when this mini challenge is over!!
    Hopefully you are gonna feel so good and notice a scale drop, that will stop you. ????
    I did survive the sugar challenge! Barely! I had a cupcake in my hand on Father's Day and it was creeping towards my mouth ever so slowly...and then I put it back down and walked away! Woohoo!
    I am loving this Birthday Challenge. It has really jump started me back again. I have been stalled probably since November. Still making much better choices than I was a year and a half ago, but not exercising...not being as good as I could be. So this has been a good thing for me. I have used this first week as a new beginning... and it is working! I feel motivated (the nicer weather may be helping with that too!) and feel like I can do this again.
    Diana in ME

AND NOW SHE IS DOWN JUST ABOUT 10LBS!! In a week!! :huh: :noway:

This is pure example of a good old fashion Challenge! Was it easy, no, did she doubt herself, absolutely but in the end, she over came it and it looks like it got her back on track. That is what we all want. Just to start moving towards our goals. So so happy. I don't know if I I would've been as happy if I had been the one to lose 10lbs!
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Damn!
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Checked in, but was hoping for a bowel movement before hand, but sadly no movement. I think the first half of the overall ranking isn't working. Seems to be no formula.