Check-ins

Options

Replies

• jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad we have this group for support, since I'm having strong cravings tonight. There nothing much to snack on, so I'm not hungry for anything in particular - just feel like eating. I was hoping I'd developed the habit earlier than 21 days, but no such luck. Thanks, everyone, for your support and contributions and hope you all reach the goal!
  • gxmiller31
    gxmiller31 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Day 12 down, had a good day. My weekly weigh in is tomorrow and and I think I may see some progress on the scale. Even if I don't, I am still feeling positive about this 21 day process.

Bo, it is very rewarding to have been of some help to you. That makes me feel good. Thank you!
  • equallyyoked
    equallyyoked Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    made it last night. failed tonight (its 1am) i didn't even realize that I grabbed pecans and some mike n ike's! DOH! I hope to get back on the train tomorrow. I stopped once I started.

I may not be able to check in for a day or 2 but i will certainly try!
  • Abobo08
    Abobo08 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    equallyyoked: I think stopping the moment you realized you were mindlessly snacking totally counts! Made it last night despite my many cravings but I may have to restart again after tonight. Going to a comedy show late tonight with friends and it's pretty standard for us to go eat afterwards so...we'll see!

Here are the latest check-ins:

12 days: gxmiller31
    12 days: jhloves2kni
    10 days: jafray4
    10 days: kitten349
    10 days: sispry1
    7 days: equallyyoked
    5 days: rlstepp29
    3 days: spogna
    3 days: Bo
    ?: markthebark
    ?: monique3677
    Redo: anamonacc

"EAT ONLY WHEN YOU'RE HUNGRY, CHECK-IN OFTEN, BE GENTLE WITH YOURSELVES!"

Miss you guys! Come back and join our challenge!

?: hungry_annie
    ?: dankas001
    ?: belle_reve9
    ?: loanaevans
    ?: miniapplecoco
    ?: IvorEdward
    ?: Sarah_SweetPe
    ?: bblumenberg
    ?: jrsygirl109
    ?: mshea62
    ?: princessaclar
    ?: HeidicooksSup
    ?: tashatp22
    ?: queenkori t
    ?: hanan20142015
    ?: kornishpiskie
  • jafray4
    jafray4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Night 11!!! I'm getting worried for next week. We are going on vacation for the Fourth of July :(
  • jhloves2knit
    Options
    I got through last night. Hubby was at a meeting out of town tonight, so I ate 2-3 hours earlier than usual. The evening is long.
  • gxmiller31
    Options
    Day 13 completed! And when I did my weekly weigh in this morning the scale registered a little less. The only thing that changed is - no more evening snacking. It's working!
  • Abobo08
    Options
    I feel extremely discouraged bc I messed it up again last night. I want to get myself back to the streak I had (and beyond!) :sad:

But...myy hats off to GXMILLER & JHLOVES - tonight will mark 2 weeks!!!

@JAFRAY: All I can say is, for me, it has been really hard to get back on the wagon once you've fallen off.

13 days: gxmiller31 :drinker:
    13 days: jhloves2kni :drinker:
    11 days: jafray4
    5 days: rlstepp29
    redo again!: Bo

• Gilly349
    Gilly349 Posts: 28
    Options
    Had a great concert yesterday but only had 500 calories all day. Today was nearer 1500 but with no night time eating. Hope all are ok?
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Gotta start over AGAIN!!!!!:sad: I'm still here.
  • gxmiller31
    Options
    Completed day 14, only exercising after dinner - no mindless snacking. I can see how this changing habitual behavior is possible. It's like giving up smoking or any other habit, really. You replace it with something better.

I know we are all capable of it. Sometimes you have to focus, or want it badly, maybe dig deep. Keep trying, you can do it, we all can do it.
  • jafray4
    Options
    night 12 complete!!! But my ridiculously indulgence dinner and desert that I had for supper was enough calories a couple days. I need a support group for making it through family functions. I would say that I did have some control and had half of my plate with salad... only it was caprese salad so not the healthiest. but I figured better then the potatoes that had butter dripping from them when I scooped them up for the kidos :(

@ BO - that's my fear but I really don't know if I will make it the entire vacation. The fourth alone will be difficult, I love smores and my son has been begging for them all week.
  • jhloves2knit
    Options
    Made it through last night without any problem. Some days are easy; some are very difficult.
  • Abobo08
    Options
    Well, I'm done sulking and pouting and am returning to what worked for me when I first started...reading this thread whenever I felt tempted! I need to remind myself that I'm focusing on one goal only which is not mindlessly eating/snacking. Sometimes I get on myself for not exercising or for overeating but if I can just work on catching myself bringing out food when I am not hungry, then that's a win for this goal.

yay to GXMILLER & JHLOVES - 2 weeks down!!!

@JAFRAY: since this is summer for me there are a lot of temptations (and extra time to do nothing but mindlessly eat) so I started thinking about being easy on myself on focusing on this one goal. Maybe you should enjoy those smores with your son; enjoying food with friends and family is wonderful...the challenge is to not eat out of habit, mindlessly, or when we're not hungry or in social settings. I think this is a major challenge that you have in the last 12 days overcame and you still can on this fun family trip of yours. Distinguish between mindless eating and like social eating? Just a thought.

2 WEEKS!: gxmiller31 drinker
    2 WEEKS: jhloves2kni drinker
    12 days: jafray4
    redo too: rlstepp29
    redo again!: Bo

• gxmiller31
    Options
    I am done with Day 15, a little difficult because I came home to do a minor project that turned into a big pain. But at least it left me no time to snack. I ate dinner at about 9:30, after it got too dark to work and I had to come in. Went over my daily calories and didn't have time to do my daily workout. But I didn't eat mindlessly. Focus on the task.

Bo, I think you are right to focus on the late night snacking. Plenty of time to visit the other items later. Let it go, you'll be better equipped to tackle them after you have success in this.
  • Gilly349
    Gilly349 Posts: 28
    Options
    Late check in for me as I went straight to bed last night. Really proud that I have managed 14 nights though. Thank you for the support everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Back on the positive side. Made it through last night (6-30-14).

I'm now 1 night! It's a new month. Fresh start! :happy:
  • jafray4
    Options
    night 13 complete - barely!!! My hubby said aren't you doing that 21 day challenge as I was just about to snack on some leftover flatbread pizza. I wasn't hungry at all. I was actually really full we had just went out to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner. So I put it back and grabbed a glass of limeade.

I do plan to enjoy my vacation and eat S'mores with my son :bigsmile: I have planned out each day for supper and snacks, trying to balance the indulgence food with health choices. I'm going into it with the goal to control how much I eat and only eat what I have planned out. So I planned in snacks for some of the nights but I want to keep to what I planned. Not eat the entire bag of marshmallows (which I probably could lol)
  • _Clarana_
    _Clarana_ Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    1st night completed! Slept so much better and felt better in the morning too.
  • MarkTheBark
    MarkTheBark Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm back! :-)
    Have still been snacking in the evenings. Am determined to get better.:happy: