Check-ins

Options
Abobo08
Abobo08 Posts: 55 Member
I'm going to test out the theory that it takes 3-weeks to break a habit by committing to not eating after dinner, hopefully with the help of any like-minded/similar goal people.

Checking in to say I successfully watched TV late into the night without snacking last night. Day 1 down!

Replies

• bblumenberg
    Options
    I always get super hungry at night. It's the most annoying thing ever. I know not to eat but I always do. With joining this group i'm going to try and break the habit!!
  • Abobo08
    Options
    Bblumenberg Me too! Except I'm not hungry. I'm just bored & craving. This only happens when I'm doing a passive activity (usually watching tv) & I know there's a lot of suggestion out there to do something to keep my mind off of eating but at the end of a long busy day, I just want to rest & enjoy a show! Enters the snacking monster!

Check-in here often or daily to keep yourself & me accountable. I find that it's always easier to accomplish something when others are doing it too. :smile:
  • equallyyoked
    equallyyoked Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am so happy to be a part of this group. This is my downfall. I can do great during the day then up with my hubby and not choosing simple fruit, etc. Instead I go for chips, cake, etc. I will be checking in. This will be my first night that I will try it. I plan to only eat a piece of fruit after dinner if I get hungry or a cup of coffee with 2 TBS of organic half and half for only 40 cal. It's great because I can save the cal for coffee which also increases my water intake for the day. Thanks for staring this group!
  • Abobo08
    Options
    Welcome equallyyoked! Having husbands not on the same page is tough isn't it? Well I'll be looking out for your checkin tomorrow then! My name is Bo, nickname bobo like my username. Have a great day.
  • jrsygrl109
    jrsygrl109 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yeah, since I don't fall asleep untill 2am I'm constantly taking walks to the kitchen. Am going to try eating dinner later and do a protein shake before I hit the bed at 10 pm
  • mshea62
    mshea62 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am so very happy to find this group! Nighttime eating is definitely my biggest downfall. Lately, I've been trying to eat more throughout the day, but I still can't kick evening snacking...so frustrating. Often I eat as much between 8p and 11p as I do for breakfast and lunch...ugh. Looking forward to supporting one another.
  • princessaclara
    princessaclara Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    whats the latest we have to do dinner? i normally just luch at 12 then wait after i get out of work at 7 to eat something
    today im dieting just ate a mango now lol. after this i will wait without eating, and thank u for doing this group i really need to stop eating at night, sometimes i starve myself all day and then i get crazy hungry at night and breat the diet lol
    so yeah for me it have to be firm.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Evening is always my downfall!! It drives me nuts. I try to eat enough in the day, and almost every day, I put myself over my goal by eating a stupid peanut butter sandwich and milk. I am addicted to peanut butter. So frustrating. on days I burns tons of calories, I don't mind having an evening snack, but its the days that its just not necessary. Determined to break this habit!
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    So excited to be in this group!!! I'm with you @Abobo08...3 weeks to change a habit. I usually do great all day and then nights drive me crazy! I'm starting my 3 week goal on June 15th. Hopefully after 3 weeks I will be well on my way to establish a habit! Thanks for starting this group! It's such a great idea and it's just what I need. :happy:
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    So glad to have this group to check in with. I was going great guns not eating late at night for 5 days in a row -- a streak for me, but fell off the wagon last night. Tonight I'm back on track and actually have made up some of the calories I consumed yesterday. I'm trying to get to 7 days in a row of sticking to calories without late night excesses. So far, It's been 1-2-3-4-5- ... 1- :angry: This time I'm gonna make it to 7!!!
  • tashatp22
    tashatp22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    After doing another late night mindless snacking session, I decided to look for some accountability. I was excited to see this group! I've found that accountability is such a huge aspect of changing a habit. I'm going to aim to not eat after dinner for the next 21 days:-)
  • equallyyoked
    Options
    I replied above:)
  • equallyyoked
    Options
    Hi, Bobo, nice to meet you.

I don't know how you read my post but my husband is most definitely on the same page as myself. Actually I am trying to take more of his kind advice about putting down so many sweets (my downfall). Anyway, at night when my hubby snacks on an apple for example, I reach for chips and he encourages me to rethink my late nite snacking:) He is a very healthy eater and he is my inspiration for getting back into shape. He encouraged me to do WW after I asked for his opinion. He supported me which is how I lost the weight (20 lbs)- im still excited that I did it:) We both enjoy eating sweets but he encourages us both to lay off eating so many, So, I am really blessed to have him as a huge part of my support system. 7lbs sneaked up on on me (cold winter),so I am here to loose it. Glad to check in tonight.
  • equallyyoked
    Options
    Hi, Bobo, nice to meet you.

I don't know how you read my post but my husband is most definitely on the same page as myself. Actually I am trying to take more of his kind advice about putting down so many sweets (my downfall). Anyway, at night when my hubby snacks on an apple for example, I reach for chips and he encourages me to rethink my late nite snacking:) He is a very healthy eater and he is my inspiration for getting back into shape. He encouraged me to do WW after I asked for his opinion. He supported me which is how I lost the weight (20 lbs)- im still excited that I did it:) We both enjoy eating sweets but he encourages us both to lay off eating so many, So, I am really blessed to have him as a huge part of my support system. 7lbs sneaked up on on me (cold winter),so I am here to loose it. Glad to check in tonight.
  • QueenKori
    QueenKori Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was day 1 and I drank lots of water when I got home from hanging out late with friends.
    Today is day 2 and I think so far I am doing good no cravings for something sweet.
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - It's 2:20 Mountain time - you can tell I'm a night owl. I have a long time to eat or resist each night, but accountability will hopefully help. I plan to start 21 days of no overeating after supper this evening - June 15. Thanks for inviting me to join this group.
  • Abobo08
    Options
    Welcome everyone, so nice to see so many people have joined and know that so many of us are in the same boat! I'd love to address you all by names so if you don't mind posting that at the end of your post, that would be fantastic.

Also, suggestions on the best way to help each other be accountable? I was thinking maybe I could do a daily roll call with a running tab of each person's # of CONSECUTIVE days of not eating late at night? HeidicooksSup gave me that idea :wink: when I saw your 1-5 count then back to 1.:ohwell: After all, the goal is to test out the 3 week/21 days habit theory right?

So for example, the daily roll call might look like this:

Bo: 2
    bblumenberg: ?
    equallyyoked: ?
    jrsygirl109: ?
    mshea62: ?
    princessaclar: ?
    hungry_annie: ?
    rlstepp29: ?
    HeidicooksSup: 1
    tashatp22: ?
    queenkori: 2
    jhloves2knit: ?

If I do it daily, I'm thinking the frequent check-ins would certainly help me stay motivated. Anyhow, just a thought. Any other suggestions totally welcomed!
  • Abobo08
    Options
    @Princessaclar...I didn't want to put time restrictions. Sometimes I eat dinner late for various reasons and I want to set myself up for success. As long as I break the bad habit of mindlessly eating out of boredom (which mostly only happens after dinner), then I'm successful! Honestly for me, the more restrictions I put on myself, the less successful I am. (it must be my rebellious streak!) but I use to obsessively count calories, log in food diaries, and I realized (again for me), it made me think about food constantly! I don't count calories anymore and I don't even restrict myself from eating anything (but I do gravitate towards healthy food) and I finally lost most of the weight.

@hungry_annie...I'm really gonna be checkin' you!:wink: Looks like we've got the same goal and have lost the same amount so far! These last 5-10 lbs, seriously hard to lose right?

@equallyyoked...I did misread and your hub sounds super sweet! My hub just doesn't understand why I want to lose a bit more weight. So if I say, gee I want to have _______, he'll say, you should or even go get it for me! And I'm like, "you're suppose to tell me no"; he never does. :laugh:
  • hanan20142015
    Options
    i have a major issue with latenight snacking!!!!! I love to wath tv late and i just need to be eating at the same time.

I have tried drinking tea or diet coke.. i just can't break the habit. If I dont have any sweet food I'll make me a sandwich...

I could stop watching tv late.. but then I would'nt be dealing with the issue just avoiding it.

Help:!!!!
  • dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    hi everyone im kate xx this group is just what I need my hubby works nightshift & find myself comfort eating watching tv eating crisps tortilla chips etc even ice lollies in bed im going to try no eating after main meal which is usually 6.30 pm looking forward to getting to know you all ill check in tomorrow morning kate x