Fitness Challenge Week One

Options
Aww, Stars, super awesome. You made the group!! Yay. Okay ladies. It's never too late, so including today there are four days left in the week. Commit to two workouts before Sunday! YOU CAN ABSOLUTELY DO THIS!

Replies

• StarsAreMyOcean
    Options
    One workout down! I have a workout scheduled every day until Sunday.
  • TheBrowniesMadeMeDoIt
    Options
    I think I'm going to have three. Today, break Thursday, and then a strong one on Friday. We are going to San Antonio for the weekend to celebrate my brothers birthday and will be headed for Six Flags Fiesta Texas. I am SOOOOO nervous because a theme park it frought with potential diet sabotage dangers. With just eight days under my belt at that point it will be equivalent to throwing a newly sober alcoholic in a bar (I'm a chemical dependency counselor, so this analogy was the best I could reach for!). Definitely gonna do some research on how to avoid the pitfalls lurking within this type of setting and what I can and cannot reach for to not break my diet!
  • kisseso3
    kisseso3 Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I joined the group, hope that's okay. I could use all the help I can get.
    I did two work outs already this week and plan on walking around the park today, and playing in the river Friday, kinda workouts.
  • bgirl81
    bgirl81 Posts: 6
    Options
    I just started today also looking to lose at least 50lbs. I've tried many things until a friend mentioned this site and I hope I have enough control to stay within my daily calorie limit. I love food but I need to be healthy.
  • TheBrowniesMadeMeDoIt
    Options
    Welcome everyone!

Walking and frolicking are great ways to elevate heart rate, and shed a few calories. I'm a firm believer that ANYTHING that gets your body moving is better than nothing at all.....

Can't make it to the gym, but still want to shed a few calories? Take ANY opportunity to do it. Park father away from the mall entrance and trek across the parking lot. Turn the AC in your home up to a higher degree and clean your house like a banshee (this is actually more effective than you may think!). And then there's always a heavy make out session with your loved one. This can actually burn some calories and if it leads to...well....you know....then that adds a good burn factor to your day! :wink: :wink:
  • StarsAreMyOcean
    Options
    I think I'm going to have three. Today, break Thursday, and then a strong one on Friday. We are going to San Antonio for the weekend to celebrate my brothers birthday and will be headed for Six Flags Fiesta Texas. I am SOOOOO nervous because a theme park it frought with potential diet sabotage dangers. With just eight days under my belt at that point it will be equivalent to throwing a newly sober alcoholic in a bar (I'm a chemical dependency counselor, so this analogy was the best I could reach for!). Definitely gonna do some research on how to avoid the pitfalls lurking within this type of setting and what I can and cannot reach for to not break my diet!
    Loved the analogy...very true.

Best thing is to pack your own food. I always pack my own anyways when I go to theme parks because the food there is too darn expensive!
    Hi Ladies! I joined the group, hope that's okay. I could use all the help I can get.
    I did two work outs already this week and plan on walking around the park today, and playing in the river Friday, kinda workouts.
    Of course you can join! Welcome aboard :D
    I just started today also looking to lose at least 50lbs. I've tried many things until a friend mentioned this site and I hope I have enough control to stay within my daily calorie limit. I love food but I need to be healthy.
    I love this site. It helps so much. I love food too. I find the best part about loving food when you're trying to be healthy is discovering new healthy recipes to try.
  • Allmyusernamesaretakengeeze
    Options
    OK, wasn't planning on working out today but I'll do a 2 mile walk this evening. Tomorrow is Zumbaaaaaaaa!!!

My phone is set up to remind me to hit it.
  • StarsAreMyOcean
    Options
    OK, wasn't planning on working out today but I'll do a 2 mile walk this evening. Tomorrow is Zumbaaaaaaaa!!!

My phone is set up to remind me to hit it.

Zumba! I LOVE ZUMBA. There's another session starting locally in a couple weeks...you've reminded me that I want to consider signing up.

Enjoy your walk and have a blast at Zumba!
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I got myself out for a walk last night and plan to at least mow the lawn this evening. It's a gorgeous, gorgeous day here in Kansas - sunny, upper 70s, nice breeze - so I'm trying to get some work done indoors this morning to free up time to go outside and be active this afternoon.
  • tiny_T_123
    tiny_T_123 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have tonnes of energy, but eat like a 14 year old boy, too bad I'm a 39yr old woman! I already have 3 workouts done, aiming for 5.
  • StarsAreMyOcean
    Options
    I got myself out for a walk last night and plan to at least mow the lawn this evening. It's a gorgeous, gorgeous day here in Kansas - sunny, upper 70s, nice breeze - so I'm trying to get some work done indoors this morning to free up time to go outside and be active this afternoon.

Weather is disgusting up here in Massachusetts right now. Do not want (can I return this to sender? I did not order this weather) That sounds like a fabulous plan. My mum and I are planning a quick 1 mile walk when I get home from work tonight.
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi I've just joined the group, I'm planning on doing a kettleworx workout tomorrow and Saturday and some walking in between. What is everybody here doing/using to workout?
  • SophiaStarBound
    SophiaStarBound Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, this is the first group I have joined on MFP, I really need the support to be consistent with my weight loss journey. I set a plan today to work out 90 minutes a day for the next 60 days and will use my yoga ad pilates dvd workouts. Great to meet you all, thanks for the motivation.
  • HooahLydia
    HooahLydia Posts: 15
    Options
    So glad this group was made! I already have one workout done this week. I tend to bike or do zumba every day during the week day, then do yoga on the weekends to de-stress and work up for the weekday. I don't have a scale, however, I'd be glad to post my measurements, and even pictures to show how my progress is coming along. I can see a change already since I started working out 2 weeks ago!
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    This is a piece of cake for me! I usually workout at least five days a week! I have done my strength training for today all that left is to run on the treadmill a bit! Good luck to everyone! :)
  • AmelodyAngel
    AmelodyAngel Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    One down one more to go.... I'm going to attempt T25 again, though the last time it didn't go so well.
  • Charlotte012
    Charlotte012 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I ran yesterday and heading to a cardio-strengt class in few minutes. It's my first time so i'm kinda nervous. plus it's outside and really warm and humid here today :/ tomorrow running again then hot yoga friday.
  • sarah_irish_2001
    sarah_irish_2001 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I joined this group because I need to be held accountable. I am forever breaking promises to myself, so I am hoping to make and keep promises to the group members here. Thank you for the week 1 challenge. I began couch210k yesterday and I am at about week 3-4 fitness level so going to go out for 2 more runs this week. Best of luck everyone :)
  • kelieprincess
    kelieprincess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I did 30 minutes on the exercise bike yesterday and 40 mins swimming today, breaststroke. I'm hoping to do bike or strength training tomorrow, as I have Fridays and Saturdays off training generally :)
  • StarsAreMyOcean
    Options
    Hi I've just joined the group, I'm planning on doing a kettleworx workout tomorrow and Saturday and some walking in between. What is everybody here doing/using to workout?
    I'm doing a Chalean Extreme/Focus T25 hybrid and mixing in my Leslie Sansone DVDs when I'm feeling restless and need to be active. Lost a bunch of weight with her a couple years ago.