Check-ins

Options

Replies

• Gilly349
    Gilly349 Posts: 28
    Options
    Day 15 check in. Still doing well. My other half has been here in the evenings and that helps. Hope everyone is ok.
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I got through a difficult night last night - another early supper and therefore long night. I'm also working on daytime eating, since I've been eating more then. It's disgusting to gain weight after you've worked so hard to lose it.

Jafray - I wholeheartedly agree with your plan. That's what I'm doing too - planned and controlled snacking.
  • Abobo08
    Abobo08 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    1st night completed and I won't have any trouble tonight since I ate heavy foods today!

Here are the latest check-ins:

15 days!: gxmiller31
    15 days!: jhloves2knit
    13 days: jafray4
    15 days!: kitten349
    10 days: sispry1
    1 day: rlstepp29
    1 day: Bo
    1 day: anamonacc
    Welcome back!: markthebark
    ?: equallyyoked
    ?: monique3677
    ?: spogna

"EAT ONLY WHEN YOU'RE HUNGRY, CHECK-IN OFTEN, BE GENTLE WITH YOURSELVES!"
  • gxmiller31
    gxmiller31 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Day 16 completed, I felt like snacking tonight - even though I know I am not really hungry. But I am very aware I don't want to cave. After 16 days I don't think I will backslide as long as I pay attention.

I hope you are all successful!
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Day 2 completed! Have a great day everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • debralcm
    debralcm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. Thank you very much for starting this group. I am a late night eater as well. It is a habit I am trying to break. I would appreciate the daily roll call accountability idea. Although, last night would not be day one for me. My exhusband had the kids which has been my worst night eating time. Tonight I will work to make 9pm my eating curfew. Day one for me is today!

Thanks Again.
  • jafray4
    jafray4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    2 weeks!!! I am so happy to have reached this. I have to say last night without even thinking I took a bite of my sons rice cake and realized what I had done and spit it out. gross I know but my kids snacking is my weakness. I'm not even hungry but they are eating so I just do. Tonight is a busy night so that helps.

Anamonacc I'm so happy for you!!! I know it has been a struggle for you.
  • jhloves2knit
    Options
    Last night was a struggle due to early dinner, but I made it. Gxmiller said it - why waste all those days now. Tonight I am full from dinner so it is fairly easy.
  • gxmiller31
    Options
    Day 17 completed, I think it is getting easier. This night time eating out of boredom was really a bigger problem than I realized. Once I get to 21 days I should just continue to skip the snacks. Otherwise it is likely I'll just fall back into a place I don't want to be. I already know where that goes.

I hadn't really thought this out....

Edited to add: welcome Debralcm!
  • rlstepp29
    Options
    Completed Day 3 Successfully! I had an early dinner so it made for a long evening. I occupied my time with reading. It helped and I made it through the night without snacking.
  • jhloves2knit
    Options
    Made it last night - tonight is difficult.
  • gxmiller31
    Options
    Day 18, not too bad tonight. Keeping busy helps, tomorrow is the 4th of July but should be fine. Not really too tempted anymore. Day 21 is coming up fast!
  • rlstepp29
    Options
    Day 4 Completed Successfully!!!! I was way busy yesterday which always helps. Feeling pretty good.

Happy 4th of July!!!
  • Abobo08
    Abobo08 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Here are the latest check-ins:
    Sorry I was MIA yesterday, was out and about…hope everyone is doing well.

I'm in awe that some of you will soon enough hit the 21-day goal. Please tell if you think you've kicked your habit!!!!

Check-ins:

17 days!: gxmiller31
    17 days!: jhloves2knit
    16 days: jafray4
    15 days!: kitten349
    4 day: rlstepp29
    1 day: Bo
    ?: sispry1
    1 day: anamonacc
    ?: markthebark
    ?: equallyyoked
  • gxmiller31
    Options
    Day 19! The 4th of July, and I will make it to 21. I think that I can continue to NOT snack in the evening. But it will take a mindful approach - I will have to pay attention. It is worth doing, though, so I plan to make that the new habit.

I think I can replace my old bad habit with a better one. I heard this from an Og Mandino book. Best wishes to you all!
  • jhloves2knit
    Options
    I almost fell off last night, after all this time. So I can't get complacent about making it. Gxmiller, thanks for your words of wisdom; they are right on! I don't know what will happen after day 21, but I hope I continue limiting the snacking.
  • jafray4
    jafray4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Bo you must have had faith in me... last night was day 16 done!!! I had planned in one brownie or S'more with my boys during fireworks. So we had brownies, and I kept it to one. It was tough, I love my sweets! instead I had 5 glass of water and lemonade. It helped that it was almost 90 degrees so I didn't really want to snack or eat all day until bedtime lol. I even stayed under my cal goal for the day. Even managed to burn some cal tubing/ skiing.

I really think I wouldn't have made it if i wasn't trying to make 21 days. And I still don't have faith that I will make it through the week. last night really hard. I also feel like I'm still snack because I did snack just planned it in to my day.
  • rlstepp29
    Options
    Yesterday and last night was hard!!! But, I did it! :bigsmile:

Day 5 completed successfully! I ended up working out twice, going shopping, and reading to take my mind off of food. It worked but it was a real effort. So happy I didn't cave!
  • gxmiller31
    Options
    Jafray4- good for you! If you can do 16 days, you can do a month or two. And what I think you are trying to actually control is mindlessly shoveling in cookies or whatever. If you planned to have a cookie Wednesday night at 8:30 - then that is purposeful and positive. You are in charge of your self.
  • gxmiller31
    Options
    Rlstepp29 - good for you! You can do this, it does get easier and if you do slip a little just dust yourself off and start fresh again. We can all do this!