4th of July Challenge

Options

Replies

• SimplySusan63
    SimplySusan63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm Claire and I was recently sleeved 4/30/14. I am 5'4, 24 yrs old and from Houston :glasses:

Started going to seminars: 323 lb
    Started 4 week PreOp Diet: 311 lb
    Surgery Date: 291 lb
    Current weight: 273.8 lb

I have coworkers that have had WLS from the LapBand, to sleevers, and bypass.. but no one that I feel comfortable confiding in, so if anyone has any advice or tips I would love to hear them!

Thank you:flowerforyou:

Great Claire! I'm Susan and I'm 51, in Albuquerque, NM. When I started this bariatric journey I was 284 lbs. I had the sleeve done May 5 and I am down by 44 lbs. Keep up the good work. It is SO worth it.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

Exercise: 25 trips to the gym

Rob

12 down, 18 to go!

Good job! You're inspiring me.

Thanks, Susan! I'm inspiring myself as well. The number of trips goal has been really useful for me to keep getting to the gym.

Today was #22, 3 to go!

Rob
  • hkabashi82
    hkabashi82 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I started on Monday, May 26th (Memorial Day) and the last weigh-in I will have will be Monday, June 30th. I'll be on vacation over-seas for the rest of that week, including 4th of July.

(HW (recorded) - August 2013 - 301)
    (SW - 270 - April 21, 2014)
    CW 237.4
    GW 218

I want to continue my cardio at least 5 days a week and start incorporating weight/strength training as soon as I'm cleared (I was sleeved on 4/21 and am now just 5 weeks post-op)

Almost 20 pounds is a lot, I know. But this goal has a couple of facets. Being 218 would be mean I would be at my lowest recorded weight as an adult (also the lowest weight in 10 years) AND I'll actually be on vacation to enjoy it! I would love to go on vacation rocking my brand new body. :)

If I don't make it, it'll be ok. I'll still be the lowest weight I've been in almost 10 years and happy, happy, happy! But I'm going to push myself and see how I do!

Good luck everyone!!

Hana

I started on Monday, May 26 since my last weigh in will be Monday, June 30.

Monday, May 26 - 237.4
    Monday, June 2 - 234.4
    Monday, June 9th - 231
    Monday, June 16th - 227.2
    Monday, June 24th - 224.8

GW (for challenge): 218

These last two weeks have been rough with working out. I was dealing with dehydration and lack of sleep so I wasn't as diligent about the gym. However, I'm on my way to the gym as we speak, am planning two-a-days for the next week and plan to feel great and energetic before my vacation next Tuesday.

6/7 pounds in a week? I don't know but I'm gonna try!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a shot!

CW: 404
    July 1 Weight: 385
    Exercise: 25 trips to the gym

Hopefully by July I'll have a surgery date booked!

Rob

Success!

Made my 25th trip to the gym today. This challenge really helped me maintain my motivation to hit the gym. The weight was falling off anyway, so this was the hardest part.

Starting weight 404
    June 26 weight 360.2

25 trips to the gym completed today.

Should get surgery date July 18

Rob
  • Greg1952
    Greg1952 Posts: 5
    Options
    Well, I guess the first that I should mention is the fact that I am the newbie of the bunch. Secondly, I want to thank Jena for the warm welcome.
    A little bit about me! First of all this is almost like opening Pandora's box....just kidding. I just turned 62 two weeks ago and I can say that I am now officially retired. I'm married to a wonderful lady for 40 years this August 13th. We have two fantastic children and two. oh so energetic, grandchildren that are the light of our lives.
    I've been overweight and on a diet most of my adult life. As I'm sure allot of you I've gone through the yo-yo thing for the better share of that time. My current weight is 318 pounds, the heaviest I've ever been. After a lot of soul searching, research and long discussions with my wife, I've made the decision to have the VSG procedure done.
    To make this very simple, I'm looking for as much info and support that I can find.
    I look forward to being an active member of this group
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Count me in!

CW 244
    GW 224

I am close to my goal, but if I don't get over this plateau I won't make it. I am at 227 today and just 3 days left! I am working out doing Turbo fire!
  • LolaBug85
    LolaBug85 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    We're almost there! How is everyone doing?

It's never too late to join even though we have a few days left! You could even make a goal of something you won't eat the remainder of the challenge. Any goal is excellent!

Hope you all are doing well and I can't wait to see everyone's results this weekend!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    OK, count me in!

CW: 222
    GW: 200

SW: 222
    CW: 198

Not only did I reach my goal, I made it to onederland for the first time in YEARS! I am ecstatic!
  • LolaBug85
    Options
    OK, count me in!

CW: 222

SW: 222
    CW: 198

Not only did I reach my goal, I made it to onederland for the first time in YEARS! I am ecstatic!

omg congrats!!! that's amazing!!!
  • bundycat
    bundycat Posts: 14
    Options
    My goal I set for this challenge was to get to 173 pounds I weighed in today and have reached 171 pounds so excited and I have stuck to my exercise plan
  • april731
    april731 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I was recently sleeved on 4/7; down about 15 pounds so far. :-)

CW: 295
    GW: 270

Only 6 pounds from my challenge goal with almost a month to go! Hoping to be below 270 sometime next week. I sure do love my sleeve. :love:

Met and surpassed my goal! Weighed in this morning at 268.6! And that was even with going out of town for 11 days for work and being totally out of my comfort zone food-wise.
  • ATXHeather
    ATXHeather Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am in my 3-month supervised diet. My 3rd visit with my Dr. will be the last week in June.

SW: 314
    GW: 299

2 days a week of strength training, 3 weeks of cardio (walking or recumbent bike)

Well, I met my goal weight of 299. I've finished my 3 month supervised diet and will start my pre-op diet in a little over a week. I didn't meet my exercise goal but I will keep working on it!
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'll try!

CW: 196
    GW: 185

CW: 186.2
    Only 1.2 lbs from goal and just under a month to go!

CW: 183.2
    Met and past my goal of 185, and still 16 more days to go!!!

Happy 4th of July!!!

Started this challenge at:
    My goal weight was:
    My current weight is:

Woo Hoo!!!
  • KatheryneH13
    KatheryneH13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling great about this next challenge!

CW: 209.9
    GW: 185.0
    Exercise Goal: Complete 30 Day Shred

Okay, this challenge is going to hit home for me. My birthday is on July 13th, and I want nothing more than to be at 185. Why? Because last year on my birthday I was at my highest weight of 285. It would be amazing to had gone down 100lbs in the course of a year!

SW: 209.9
    CW: 189.9

So closeeeeeeeee. Its okay though. :)
  • Bubirn
    Bubirn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm in again

CW: 234.5
    GW: 227

Exercise goal, 10,000 steps 4 x a week
    Just got 10 min trainer videos so I'm hoping to like them and do them 3 x a week.

Good luck all

I made my goal!!!! Actually passed it 226 lbs as of the first
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling great about this next challenge!

CW: 209.9
    Exercise Goal: Complete 30 Day Shred

Okay, this challenge is going to hit home for me. My birthday is on July 13th, and I want nothing more than to be at 185. Why? Because last year on my birthday I was at my highest weight of 285. It would be amazing to had gone down 100lbs in the course of a year!

SW: 209.9
    CW: 189.9

So closeeeeeeeee. Its okay though. :)

Girl you lost 20 lbs!!! :drinker: You could totally hit the 100 mark by your birthday! We are all rooting for you:bigsmile: You have done amazing!
  • LolaBug85
    Options
    Wow you guys are rocking this challenge! Keep those results pouring in. I'm so proud of all of you!!!
  • bundycat
    bundycat Posts: 14
    Options
    When is the next challenge?
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    LABOR DAY CHALLENGE IS NOW POSTED!!:bigsmile: If you haven't yet posted your 4th of July results please do so and then jump on over and let us know you're with us again! :drinker: :drinker:

Can't wait to drop some serious weight with all of you losers!! :wink:
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    In again!

CW: 238.8
    GW: 228

Exercise Goals:

May: Exercise a minimum of 2 days/week
    June: Exercise a minimum of 3 days/week

On the 4th I weighed in at 224.4. Woo Hoo! I also rocked my exercise goal!