Check-ins

Options

Replies

• shred85
    shred85 Posts: 6
    Options
    Coming back to post. Had dinner, and heading to bed soon. Day 2 = successful.

I'm grateful for this group - I think it may be a great fit for me since my issue is strictly this night eating!
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Last night, day 4, was OK. Today I felt like snacking since after breakfast! It seems to be better now, and it's almost bedtime.
  • artype
    artype Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Last night was Day 5. Yay!:smile:
  • Abobo08
    Abobo08 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Made it to 1 week again!

Welcome shred85, I'm with you totally. Healthy eater, night-time disaster! I've restarted this challenge about 3 times. It's a tough one to crack!

Latest Check-ins:

23 days: kitten349
    11 days: rlstepp29
    7 days: Bo-
    5 days: Artype
    4 days: jhloves
    3 days: debralcm
    1 day: shred85
    Redo: jafray4
  • shred85
    Options
    Day 3 = no night eating.
    Thanks for the welcome to the group.
    Tonight I almost subconsciously slipped - watching a movie and thought oh ill grab a snack. I was not even hungry in the least, pure bad habit. Then said NO, YOU WILL NOT NIGHT EAT! And did not. Good night all.
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late check in.

Day 12 completed successfully....and tonight (day 13) is also looking pretty good.
    I'll report tomorrow morning if I made it to lucky #13. :smile:
  • jhloves2knit
    Options
    I'm partway there - day 5 (last night) was good. I don't know if I'm losing weight, since I'm probably eating too much during the day. But it's great to be in charge of my night time eating.
  • rlstepp29
    Options
    Day 13 Completed Successfully!!!

A big WELCOME to @debra, @shred85 and @artype!:flowerforyou:
    You are all well on your way to completing week one. I hope you find this group motivating. It has really helped me a great deal. I fell off the wagon early on and I had to start over. This group gave me the support to keep pushing forward!
  • Abobo08
    Options
    Ok, I am clearly the weakest link here folks since I keep falling off! My problem is that I know how to quickly lose the weight so I let myself indulge and then go back to losing the few pounds then adding back the few pounds never able to successfully lose these last 5-8 lbs!!!

So what always works for me is to hit my pocketbook! There is a website called dietbet and basically you place a bet with other people to lose weight. Everyone puts money in and at the end of 28 days, the pot of money is shared with the winners. I've done this a few times since I yo-yo all the time. But this time, I'm gonna make myself place the big bets (you can go as small as $10-$100 is the biggest).

Anyone interested you can pm me or just look it up yourself.

Anyway, hating myself today!

Latest Check-ins:

23 days: kitten349
    12 days: rlstepp29
    5 days: Artype
    5 days: jhloves
    3 day: shred85
    Redo: Bo
  • shred85
    Options
    Day 4 = made it.

JH loves 2 knit - like you, I am not sure if I have lost weight (am not weighing myself til day 7, and doesn't really feel like I have) but like you said, it is good to just be in control of the main issue.
  • jhloves2knit
    Options
    Shred85 - It is nice to feel in control of some part of your eating, although I can slip at night too. Most of time I do OK since I joined this group. Last night was Day 6.
  • Gilly349
    Gilly349 Posts: 28
    Options
    Today is 27 days for me. I'm away all week this week on business though so may not get online ???? this causes other problems as I have less control of menus so it will be hard. I'm determined to try though.
  • artype
    artype Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Didn't have a chance to check in yesterday, but last night was Day 7.

Abobo08: Try not to be so hard on yourself. You're obviously very goal-oriented and you can do this!!
  • jafray4
    jafray4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Well I may have fallen and fallen hard the second half of vacation, but I'm back to normal life and determined to make it. had a plus that when I stepped on the scale this morning I had lost 2 lbs while gone, so I must have made some good choices. It doesn't hurt that I have so much to lose that it doesn't take much.

Bo don't be hard on yourself!!! It isn't easy for everyone. I am right there with you. If it was easy we wouldn't be here.

I think I need to start thinking small. I'm focusing on making it 7 days - the first week. Then I can start on week 2. I know that it will take multiple tries as the social part of eating is my weakness as well. So put them together and late night social events are tough. I already know that next week we are going to see Florida Georgia Line and it will take all of my will power to make it. But instead I can focus on this week and worry about next week later.
  • rlstepp29
    Options
    I completed last night successfully!
    That puts me at 14 days. Yippee the two weeks mark!

@jafray4: Very impressive to drop 2 pounds while away from home! I think that being in this group just makes you think a little bit more about choices.

@Abobo08: You are very resilient! I know it's tough, but it's so worth it to get this issue under control. You learn something from each attempt. One day at a time! :flowerforyou:
  • Abobo08
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your kind and supporting words - truly!!!

@ Jafray: I think I need to do the same. Making this a smaller, weekly goal! On that note...

Hooray for RLSTEPP 2 WEEKS!!! and ARTYPE for 1 WEEK!!!

@Kitten: Please send me some of that willpower!!!

Happy Monday everyone!

Latest Check-ins:

27 days: kitten349 :glasses:
    14 days: rlstepp29 :drinker:
    7 days: Artype :drinker:
    6 days: jhloves
    3 days: shred85
    1 day: Bo
  • jhloves2knit
    Options
    Yea - so far I've been good for a week! It's gotten easier to limit nighttime snacking, since it's hard to figure out how many calories I'm eating during the day.
  • debralcm
    debralcm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Another great night for me.
  • rlstepp29
    Options
    Day 15 Successfully Completed!

Next week is my birthday. I'm striving to make it to 21 days before my birthday as a gift to myself. I must admit it is getting easier. I still have to remind myself about the bigger picture and make good choices, but the battle is much less than 2 weeks ago.
  • jafray4
    jafray4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    back on track day 1 complete!!!