Side Quest: Big Trouble In Tiner's Town

Options
1235»

Replies

• daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    @JEFF

You have a baseline of 20 AP used for special actions. It's best you pay attention to the combat log and only take cover when you think it will be absolutely necessary. An enemy's DT, like yours, is how much damage they can absorb before it affects their hit points. That's why weapons that ignore DT are particularly valuable if you have them.

Other than that, its pretty straightfoward :) Oh and don't worry about Harmon, he's pretty tough ^_-

----
    ----

Harmon: So this is why so many of those creeps have been coming around lately. Go find somewhere else to fornicate ya ugly *kitten*!

Harmon Brackett begins to plant Proximity Mines...

:O Proximity Mine starts blinking rapidly

[ODWAR 90 HP / 20 AP] 4 DT
    S7 P7 E8 C4 I7 A3 L4 (+2)

---
    [Laser Pistol] hits Radscorpion Queen for 3 DMG
    Harmon's [Cruel Summer] hits Radscoprion Queen for 6 DMG
    ---
    ---
    Radscorpion Queen critically strikes Harmon for 16 DMG xD
    ---

[ODWAR 90 HP / 20 AP] 4 DT
    Attack
    >Laser Pistol
    Baseball Bat
    Use Item
    Take Cover

[HARMON 44 HP]
    [Radscorpion Queen 31 HP]
  • daybehavior
    Options
    @MELISSA

Adorable new pic there!

< Petty Officer First Class Jason Tiner >
    "*Tiner looks disappointed* Oh okay...well here's my number, so call me maybe?"

You receive
    -Special Perk It's Tiner Time! -- You can now call Tiner who will fine tune your Pip-Boy's logic to guarantee critical strikes for the next two turns. (15 AP cost)

Quest Objectives
    -Travel to New Menomonee Falls and help the townspeople.
    -To reach New Menomonee Falls you must travel through the following landmarks*:

[Hero's Enclave] -- [Racine Naval Outpost] -- [Jefferson High School] -- [Milwaukee Safe Zone] -- [Miller's Pond] -- [New Menomonee Falls]

*Each leg of the trip requires the following
    Leg 1 - 1 mile run/walk
    Leg 2 - 15 curl ups
    Leg 3 - 15 squats
    Leg 4 - 15 lunges
    Leg 5 - 3 minutes of virtual jumprope.
  • Odwaroftorn
    Odwaroftorn Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I keep fighting. In D&D I was always a dwarf fighter and we never stop, till we're dead so...
  • daybehavior
    Options
    Yes them dwarves are quite hardy!

Proximity Mine detonates and hits Radscorpion Queen for 15 DMG, Odwar for 15 DMG

---
    [Laser Pistol] critically hits Radscopion Queen for 6 xD
    [Cruel Summer] hits Radscorpion Queen for 6 DMG
    ---

---
    Radscorpion Queen hits Odwar for 11 DMG
    Radscorpion Queen hits Harmon for 11 DMG
    :O Radscorpion Queen raises her tail menacingly....
    ---

[ODWAR 64 HP / 20 AP] 4 DT
    Attack
    >Laser Pistol
    Baseball Bat
    Use Item
    Take Cover

[HARMON 33 HP]
    [Radscorpion Queen 4 HP]
  • Odwaroftorn
    Options
    Seeing the tail raise, I do a very un-dwarfish maneuver and I duck for cover (being dwarfish, I don't have to duck far.)

Can I still attack with my laser pistol if I duck for cover? If yes then I attack while/after I duck for cover.
  • daybehavior
    Options
    Ha! Yeah it would be quite odd for a dwarf to roll/duck :P Yes you may take cover and attack at the same turn.

---
    Radscorpion Queen attempts to stab Odwar with her spear but he takes cover...
    ---

---
    [Laser Pistol] hits Radscoprion Queen for 3
    [Cruel Summer] hits Radscorpion Queen for 6 DMG
    ---

DESTROYED

Loot Roll:
    Radscorpion Queen drops
    [Dante Must Die]: +4 DMG. A lavishly embellished and sinister looking 9mm handgun. Bonus damage against Ghouls.

Harmon Brackett
    < Mayor New Menomonee Falls >

"You did a damn fine job, son. Hopefully this will be the end of it and things can return to normal for us. We owe you our deepest gratitude. Feel free to kick up your heels and stay as long as you'd like"

You may now explore a safe New Menomonee at the cost of 5 AP per location. However, going from one location to the next requires a three minute jog/walk/march. You have 20 AP to spend. You may only move horizontally and vertically across the map.

Example, you can move from [Start Here] to [Scrapyard] or [Start Here] to [Brackett Residence] with a 3 min walk but you only use up AP when you decide to explore a location.

[Start Here] -- [Brackett Residence] -- [Brahmin Field] -- [General Store]

[Scrapyard] -- [Tiner Residence] -- [Ravine]
  • Odwaroftorn
    Options
    Is there a map I can see? How many AP do I have, I think it's 15, so I can explore three locations. Is this correct?

I will do the running Sat, so I can find out how much AP I have and decide where to explore.
  • daybehavior
    Options
    Nah, your exploration AP separate from your battle AP. You have 20 AP to explore so that's four landmarks. Not sure what map you're referring to :( The town map is all you need for the quest. You just need to walk vertically or horizontally to get to the different locations :)

So from [Start Here] you can move to the Brackett Residence or the Scrapyard and so on provided you meet the walk/run requirement. It is only when you choose to explore a location that AP is consumed.
  • Odwaroftorn
    Options
    Did a 90 minute walk/run today so I will travel to and explore all four. How do I renew my battle and my explore APs?

It stated "You may only move horizontally and vertically across the map. " in the post before mine, so I thought maybe there was a map similar to Hancock 2.

Which reminds me, when Chess made One Night in Bangcock, I was living in Knoxville, TN where the band is from. Well, one of the local radio stations did a parady titled "One Night in Bedrock" and you'll meet the Flintstones...

I like the parody's on titles.
  • bomftdrum
    bomftdrum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Your battle AP will reset for each quest as well as your explore AP. Unless you find some AP or used an aid, you won't get any more AP for that quest. Unless specified in the beginning of the quest like One Night In Hancock.
  • daybehavior
    Options
    Thanks Brian :)

Yes, like Brian said, explore AP is not used unless explicitly stated in the quest such this portion of Tiner's Town and One Night in Hancock. So yeah don't worry about it too much unless a quest tells you can only do x amount of exploration.

The diagram I made for New Menomonee is what I considered the "map" for this quest. Different quests may have different "maps" depending on how grand in scope it is. For this one I felt simple diagram was enough.

Ha, also I was hoping One Night In Bedrock was on youtube but twasn't unfornately :(

Anywhoo, I know you want to explore the Tiner residence so just let me know the other three.
  • Odwaroftorn
    Options
    OK, rolled the dice and I'll explore the following four. (Sorry, can't resist a pun or a rhyme.) My 90 minutes should cover them all.

[Brahmin Field] -- [General Store] -- [Tiner Residence] -- [Ravine]
  • daybehavior
    Options
    Good deal :)

[Brahmin Field] -- You find [Brahmin Steak]x2 fully restores HP and AP.
    [General Store] -- You find 2 Sugar Bombs + 2 Nuka Cola
    [Tiner Residence] -- You meet Tiner's sister Bethany who fondly reminisces over her older brother. She sends you off with a wedge of [Aged Wisconsin Cheddar] to deliver to Tiner
    [Ravine] -- You find 1 gold.

Quest Conclusion
    Ending: Good

With the death of the queen, the Radscoprion menace ends and New Menomonee is revitalized. You are hailed as a hero and a statue is erected in your honor. In his gratitude for both saving the town and deliver him his favorite cheese, Tiner writes a recommendation letter to the Overseer and gives you his old neckerchief.

Quest Rewards
    -300 XP (x2)
    -2 gold (x2)
    -Special Perk: It's Tiner Time! -- You can now call Tiner who will fine tune your Pip-Boy's logic to guarantee critical strikes for the next two turns. (15 AP cost)
    -[Tiner's Letter of Recommendation] -- Turn this in at the Hero's Enclave to receive double experience and gold gains for the week. (Does not stack with similar perks or effects)
    -Rare accessory [Tiner's Neckerchief]: +2 DT. +1 AGI, +1 LCK. When equipped, enemies now have a chance to drop silver. Set piece 1 of 3. (Tiner's Regalia)
  • Odwaroftorn
    Options
    I deliver the wedge shaped aged Wisconsin cheese to Tiner and watch as he dances around and puts the wedge on his head. I don't understand, but thank him for his green and yellow handkerchief and walk away laughing to myself at my new nickname for Tiner, I'm calling him a cheesehead.
  • daybehavior
    Options
    LOL! You making a monkey outta my Tiner???

Actually I used to love Green Bay way back when Favre was QB. However, I HATED the colors. Green and Yellow...ugh. Our home team (the Cowboys) was pretty great back then too. Those were the days.
  • Odwaroftorn
    Options
    Actually, I've been a Cardinals fan since I was 8. My son is a Packers fan, and I'm getting him his first cheesehead hat for Christmas this year. I love that people like teams other than mine, if everyone liked my team, there'd be no other teams and I'd have no one to play.

I'm not a fan of Favre, but he taught me something profound during one game. On third down, didn't matter if it was long or short yardage, he threw for a first down or a touchdown. Whether they were successful or not, he didn't try to just complete a pass, he tried to move the chains or score.

I began watching other QB's and noticed the elite QB's all did this. SO if I want to be elite in anything, the example is to never just get by with a successful pass, because that could still lead to punting... No the secret is to attempt to move the chains or score. Speaking of which, I was in tier 2 this last week, it's time to throw for a first down this week. 2 pounds a week will not cut it.

Yeah, I may not like Favre (I can't be a starter and you won't trade me, fine, I'll retire so I'm not in a contract. Oh wait, I don't have a contract, oh now that I'm a free agent and can go where I want..., 2x.) But I certainly admire his skills and perspective that you throw for a first down or touchdown on third down and always try to put up points.