Personal best on squats

Options

Replies

• jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Got a 588 Squat, 292 bench, and 612 deadlift @ upa PowerBash 4/12/14 all raw lifts

NICE LIFTS!!!! wish i could get my dead and squat up there, lol.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Just did my 3rd RAW meet yesterday (APA). Belt and sleeves.

Got 270lb at 157lb. Very happy with it as I added 25lb to my meet max (albeit at 9lb heavier) and it was only 5lb off my gym 1RM (which was parallel but possibly would not have been white lighted). May have had a few more lbs in me - but glad I decided to go for the weight I did. It was my 4th lift as it was a State record in the Masters division (allowed by APA).

Clipped the uprights on the walk-out - need to work on that as I keep doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wusI1RUQ7o

What are sleeves? They look like knee wraps?

They are sleeves - SBDs. I just got them last week - highly recommend.
    I have them and rehbands. I use rehbands for day to day training and the sbds for competition as they are a pita to get on and off. Having said that, I love them.

I was using rehbands before myself. Good idea about using them for day to day training. Yep....total pita. It was comedy - me trying to get them on at the meet. I started warming up with them on my calves....rookie mistake as I was a bit sweaty by the time I tried to get them up. It was a warm-up in itself!
  • jlclabo
    Options

Got 270lb at 157lb. Very happy with it as I added 25lb to my meet max (albeit at 9lb heavier) and it was only 5lb off my gym 1RM (which was parallel but possibly would not have been white lighted). May have had a few more lbs in me - but glad I decided to go for the weight I did. It was my 4th lift as it was a State record in the Masters division (allowed by APA).

What are sleeves? They look like knee wraps?

They are sleeves - SBDs. I just got them last week - highly recommend.
    I have them and rehbands. I use rehbands for day to day training and the sbds for competition as they are a pita to get on and off. Having said that, I love them.

I was using rehbands before myself. Good idea about using them for day to day training. Yep....total pita. It was comedy - me trying to get them on at the meet. I started warming up with them on my calves....rookie mistake as I was a bit sweaty by the time I tried to get them up. It was a warm-up in itself!

i use the elitefts heavy sleeves for training and meets both. i am debating on getting a set of wraps and try them out on my next heavy day to see how they feel.
  • wonderbeard101
    wonderbeard101 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My current best is 529 lb @ 181 lb Raw (with wraps), back in September 2013. Shooting for a 1500 total by IPL Worlds in November.
  • jlclabo
    Options
    a little update here. knocked out 475 for a solid single last night after my workout. well on my way to my 500 goal for my meet in november.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I last tested my back squat 1RM in December after a 12-week powerlifting program and got 237.5 lbs. I've been doing 5/3/1 since then. Hit 225.5 x 6 yesterday. I would estimate my 1RM to be in the neighborhood of 250.

Tested my front squat a few weeks ago and got 200. It's my favorite barbell lift.
  • jlclabo
    Options
    I last tested my back squat 1RM in December after a 12-week powerlifting program and got 237.5 lbs. I've been doing 5/3/1 since then. Hit 225.5 x 6 yesterday. I would estimate my 1RM to be in the neighborhood of 250.

Tested my front squat a few weeks ago and got 200. It's my favorite barbell lift.

very nice lift!! you may be underestimating that 250 a bit. by wendlers own calculator you should be closer to 270. either way, very impressive.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options

How can someone that looks that hot in a pink dress lift so much? *Jeff faints*
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Finally posting in here as I'm testing 1RM's this week. Squat was today and I got 315lbs with belt and knee sleeves. Took a video and it was almost perfect form. :drinker: Then I tried 325. It went down, but did NOT want to go up. I sat down and rested it on the bars. :laugh: :blushing: My first failed squat.
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I had a comp start of may, hit 205KG\451Lbs for a new comp PB. (GBPF - IPF Regs)

Have hit 200KG\440Lbs x 3 in the gym since, NEw PB will be imminent....

Closing in on short term goal, of a 500LB's Squats this year.

All done in 93KG\205Lb's class
  • jlclabo
    Options
    picked up a new 3 rep PR last week. hit 455x3 and it felt solid and decently easy. looking forward to breaking the 500 barrier very soon.
  • jlclabo
    Options
    yet another new PR.... 515 for a solid easy rep....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBDepae-yIs
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I did a 645 raw squat w/out knee wraps at the APF Metroflex Show of Strength about 2 months ago. Since that point my knee has been hurting so I'm not squatting too heavy right now.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    280, belted. Felt like I had room for another 10-15. HUZZAH!
  • scooterjay_wwis
    scooterjay_wwis Posts: 120 Member
    Options

WOW great lift.
  • strobehouse
    Options

Nice lift. Next time you compete, get them to set the racks 'in'. That prevents a bit of banging on walk out.

Thank you. I thought about that afterwards but was not sure if they would if my grip was not out wide. Will ask next time.

You can also get them to set one in, one out (or at least in the NZPF you can). This means that you can still grip inside the racks but you won't catch a plate on the walkout.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Shameless update: 270 lbs/123 kg. First max test since late December 2013 (237.5 at that time). In January, I said I wanted to be at 290 by year-end. I'm getting close!
  • jlclabo
    Options
    Shameless update: 270 lbs/123 kg. First max test since late December 2013 (237.5 at that time). In January, I said I wanted to be at 290 by year-end. I'm getting close!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep it up and you will smash that 290 goal!!!
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options

I feel humble.
  • xxempress
    Options
    Keep up the great work!!!! Bust that *kitten* on them gains.

Current raw single: 315lb
    Gathering my balls to start the CUBE METHOD. Finishing up my research and will begin hopefully by October 1 (permitting my crazy work schedule).

xxxxxo