Daily Check In Thread

Replies

• jsandie76
    jsandie76 Posts: 201 Member
    W3D3 Done! When I started the week, the last 30-45 seconds of the 3 min run I was gasping for breath, but I made it... today I had no problem with my breath, but my legs were sore. This was the first time my legs got sore at all!
  • oofdieblunk
    oofdieblunk Posts: 60 Member
    W6d2 done!! What a beautiful day it was for a run today. Too bad I have to wait until next Tues to do W6D3 :( can't wait for the next one!!
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Well done everyone, should see some graduations soon. You guys are amazing.
  • DesertStar86
    DesertStar86 Posts: 41 Member
    W6D2 failed. Stopped 8 mins into the second run - i think i was going too fast... :cry:

Will try again tomorrow! :grumble:
  • ftrobbie
    If you feel tired and sore tomorrow, I would be inclined to rest another day. However if you need to get over it, by all means have another crack at it, but recognise your comment that you may may need to go slower.

Well done for sharing, I am sure you will crack it soon.
  • sacto68
    sacto68 Posts: 35 Member
    Today I did my first ever organized run! It was a four mile run with quite a few hills, rather than a 5k. I had a personal goal of doing it in an hour or less. Well, I crossed the finish line at 57:58. 14:30min/mil.

Looking back to when I started C25k, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do it. Those who have doubts about themselves or the program, just keep at it, at your own pace, you'll get there. I'm only on w5d2 and was able to finish the four miles.
  • ftrobbie
    Today I did my first ever organized run! It was a four mile run with quite a few hills, rather than a 5k. I had a personal goal of doing it in an hour or less. Well, I crossed the finish line at 57:58. 14:30min/mil.

Looking back to when I started C25k, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do it. Those who have doubts about themselves or the program, just keep at it, at your own pace, you'll get there. I'm only on w5d2 and was able to finish the four miles.

Fantastic news, you are an inspiration. Well done you. :smile:
  • davetheperson
    davetheperson Posts: 124 Member
    Well done everyone! I haven't posted because I was resting for a few days. I just did two 5K practice runs and a strength/circuit training session this week. Today I ran my first official 5K. I was able to get under the 30 min mark (about 28 minutes--won't have an official time until tomorrow).
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
    W6D1

To think I had done 20mins straight on Friday and I struggeled a little with todays 8mins. I really do think this is a mind game. I also had a big saturday night.

Im sure W6D2 will be a good jog. Cant wait for Friday and 22mins straight........
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member

Well done. You must be so happy. :wink:
  • caseyjarryn
    caseyjarryn Posts: 61 Member
    Week 3 Day 2... Getting through the running intervals (just!). My knees are starting to complain though :/
  • jsandie76
    jsandie76 Posts: 201 Member
    W4D1... FAILED! I finished the first 5 min run (barely) but after the second 3 minute run I was toast. Last week I know I was not doing GREAT with the runs but I was finishing them. I don't know if I should try W4D1 again Wednesday or maybe repeat W3D3 once or twice. Suggestions?
  • parsonsk64
    parsonsk64 Posts: 75 Member
    Good morning everyone - I have a question for the experienced runners out there. Tell me if this warrants asking a doc - I just did my Week 9 Day 1 run today and was very happy because I made it through. yay!! However, about 25 minutes into my run my left foot started going tingly and numb on me. This happened last week during my 28 minute runs too. It occurred to me I may have a crazy gait - or I may have an inherent circulation problem that the pounding of my feet for 30 minutes was revealing - so I may bring this up with a doc the next time I'm in. But has anyone else ever had this happen and if so, is it something you were able to correct by changing up something you were doing? Thanks for any and all responses. It did occur to me that my body is simply 'old' - beginnng to run again at age 50.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    .... my left foot started going tingly and numb on me.

It could be that your shoes are laced up too tightly, or your sock bunching a little and putting pressure on the foot.

It does happen to me sometimes, and I'd generally say it's when I'm feeling a little under the weather or something like that.
  • parsonsk64
    parsonsk64 Posts: 75 Member
    .... my left foot started going tingly and numb on me.

It could be that your shoes are laced up too tightly, or your sock bunching a little and putting pressure on the foot.

It does happen to me sometimes, and I'd generally say it's when I'm feeling a little under the weather or something like that.

You are the second person who has mentioned my laces so I will double-check that I am not too laced too snug the next run. As I think back, they don't feel tight when I lace them, but perhaps I should be allowing myself more room. I've never actually been schooled on how snug my shoes should feel for running. I just figured they should fit comfortably. Thanks!
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    I had started running again to deal with post partum depression, but it sucked me back in last week and I had a 5 day gap. I started 3-1 today anyway and it went fine.

The only thing is that I have inner knee pain. I've had it for a week. I thought maybe it was the new shoes I've been wearing to work (only like a 1" heel!!) but I stopped wearing them and still have pain :/ My toes do naturally turn inward a bit but I'm wearing the same sneakers I always have when it comes to actually running...
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    The only thing is that I have inner knee pain. I've had it for a week. I thought maybe it was the new shoes I've been wearing to work (only like a 1" heel!!) but I stopped wearing them and still have pain :/ My toes do naturally turn inward a bit but I'm wearing the same sneakers I always have when it comes to actually running...

How old are your running shoes? I get knee pain when it's time to get new shoes.
    {W4D1... FAILED! I finished the first 5 min run (barely) but after the second 3 minute run I was toast. Last week I know I was not doing GREAT with the runs but I was finishing them. I don't know if I should try W4D1 again Wednesday or maybe repeat W3D3 once or twice. Suggestions?

Slow down and give w4d1 another shot.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member

How old are your running shoes? I get knee pain when it's time to get new shoes.

They are about a year old but with low miles. I really hope it is the shoes, it seems like it would have to be something like that because it's both knees, with equal amounts of pain/discomfort etc.
  • DesertStar86
    DesertStar86 Posts: 41 Member
    W6D2 done. I won't pretend it was easy. That last ten minutes seemed to drag on forever!! I'm surprised how much week 6 has challenged me as I sailed through week 5 with relative ease...

Straight runs only from here on...!
  • ftrobbie
    Until you do C210k. Oh you will!!