Daily Check In Thread

Replies

• oofdieblunk
    oofdieblunk Posts: 60 Member
    I am doing W6D3 tomorrow. I didn't even realize that I will have no intervals of walking (except warm up and cool down ) for the rest of the program!
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    I repeat every week so today I need to do W4D4. And I also need to stop looking ahead because I'm dreading week 5.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    The only thing is that I have inner knee pain. I've had it for a week. I thought maybe it was the new shoes I've been wearing to work (only like a 1" heel!!) but I stopped wearing them and still have pain :/ My toes do naturally turn inward a bit but I'm wearing the same sneakers I always have when it comes to actually running...

How old are your running shoes? I get knee pain when it's time to get new shoes.

They are about a year old but with low miles. I really hope it is the shoes, it seems like it would have to be something like that because it's both knees, with equal amounts of pain/discomfort etc.

It's most likely your *running* shoes. Have you gained any significant amount of weight since you got pregnant? Those shoes just might not fit you properly until you lose the baby weight.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    They are about a year old but with low miles. I really hope it is the shoes, it seems like it would have to be something like that because it's both knees, with equal amounts of pain/discomfort etc.

It may be that they're not suitable for your gait, or it may be that they're worn. Do you use them for anything other than running?
  • Tiredtummum
    Tiredtummum Posts: 17 Member
    I am starting Wk 4 tomorrow - Can't believe how fab this programme is! I'd never have believed I would be looking forward to every new run!! Great to hear all the success stories !
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    The only thing is that I have inner knee pain. I've had it for a week. I thought maybe it was the new shoes I've been wearing to work (only like a 1" heel!!) but I stopped wearing them and still have pain :/ My toes do naturally turn inward a bit but I'm wearing the same sneakers I always have when it comes to actually running...

How old are your running shoes? I get knee pain when it's time to get new shoes.

It's most likely your *running* shoes. Have you gained any significant amount of weight since you got pregnant? Those shoes just might not fit you properly until you lose the baby weight.

No, I'm in the same 10lb range that I was fluctuating in and out of, but I can see it being the shoes.
    It may be that they're not suitable for your gait, or it may be that they're worn. Do you use them for anything other than running?

I think this is it. I find that it takes a while for my gait to feel the same. My hips don't roll for quite some time after a baby - I stomp around like a robot. I didn't initially put any thought into my shoes. I bought what was cheap and fit because it worked for me. Now I guess I have to go get fitted properly :)
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
    W6D2

was meant to be 2 10min jogs but I have found it is easier not to stop and start so I did 25 jog. Felt so good. Now just have to keep the pace up and do better with each run.

Cant wait till I can get the full 30mins done. I hope I can get the 5km in that time.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Well done on running through, different folks, different strokes. Just be careful whilst increasing time or distance and also going faster. General advice is to put more time/ distance in and the pace will come. Pushing on both fronts can lead to injuries. So appeciate your enthusiasm, just don't let it injure you.

Have fun
  • Finished week 5! Slowing down my pace definitely helped me complete it this week. I can't wait to start week 6 and hopefully I can up my pace a little bit.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Week 3 Day 2 down.

I lost steam in the very last interval and slowed to a walk a little earlier than the plan called for. Hopefully I can power through next time :)

Wore an older pair of shoes and experienced less pain - hoping to get new ones Friday afternoon.
  • jsandie76
    jsandie76 Posts: 201 Member
    W4D1 Done! After I failed on Monday I looked at things to see why I felt to weak and tired, and I realized the day before I had been fighting a bout of depression and had not eaten enough. So even though I felt better on Monday and was looking forward to my run, I simply didn't have enough fuel in me.
  • DesertStar86
    DesertStar86 Posts: 41 Member
    W6D3 done...! It was actually ok and I probably could've carried on a little longer, but I didn't...

9 runs left!
  • oofdieblunk
    oofdieblunk Posts: 60 Member
    W7D1 starts tomorrow! I've been looking forward to this all week!
  • sacto68
    sacto68 Posts: 35 Member
    I ran for 20 min straight to finish out week 5 :happy:
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Hello everyone! I am new to the group.

I have started C25K about 500 times. I made it to week 5 earlier this year, and it felt great. I did W1D1 tonight, and it was fine. Its actually kind of easy for me, but I know I need to ease into it. This program is terrific. I couldn't run 30 seconds last winter!
  • Tldavis3s
    Tldavis3s Posts: 83 Member
    Week 3 day 1 complete!
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    vogtmrh95 I am glad that slowing down worked for you.

dandelyon Just keep at it, do W3D3 and if you complete successfully charge on to week 4. Just go slower on the runs if you have too, it is important to build distance and stamina at this point rather than speed.

jsandie76 glad you worked out why you failed and good luck with being better fueled next time out. Well done on your success

DesertStar86 Fantastic, hold onto those thoughts, you appear to have cracked the mental aspects of this. Graduation will be soon for you

offdieblunk Another for graduation soon, well done you are nearly there

sacto86 Fantastic news, I think you will find you have cracked the mental aspect of this, week 6 can kick you a bit but just remember it is a little further than you have gone before, go slower if you need to.

Hungry_Annie welcome back for the 500th time, take it easy.

Tldavis3s welcome done on your success

Keep going people, you will be inspirational to those following you on their own incredible journeys.
  • jsandie76
    jsandie76 Posts: 201 Member
    W4D2 Done... The last 5 min run is still very difficult but I'm getting it done!
  • If u have a running buddy, try doing it early or late in the day. I am fortunate that my middle son is helping me get into shape, therefore he runs with me. We do it late at night 1) because it is too hot, 2) so no one can see me (lol). walk, jog, run. Any one of those is better than nothing. Keep going girl. Don't give up.
  • Just had the same problem. Went back to the store where I purchased my shoes. They took the laces out. and skipped the bottom holes and started lacing them up in the next row. No problems the next 3 days running. Hope this helps