ANyone else starting Chalean Extreme this month (Aug 2014)?

Options
Hey there!

I've started (and stopped) Chalean once before... but this time I have no trips, moves, etc. to give me an excuse to quit. I started CLX this morning - I would love to start a support thread with anyone who has recently started or is about to jump back into the game!

Replies

• Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I'm working through PiYo right now, no Hybrids.

I'm sure someone here will be ready for another round soon :)
  • Shanahoo
    Shanahoo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I've started (and stopped) Chalean once before... but this time I have no trips, moves, etc. to give me an excuse to quit. I started CLX this morning - I would love to start a support thread with anyone who has recently started or is about to jump back into the game!

I am starting today! I did not want any of my rest days to fall on the weekend because I have a bad problem with slacking on those days. This will be my second time starting CLX, I made it through Push but just lost all motivation before I started Lean. I plan on getting ALL the way through this time. I loved it so much, I have no good reason why I just... stopped.
  • Lwillis1234
    Lwillis1234 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Yup!! I will be on push phase this month :-)
  • Shanahoo
    Options
    Yay, Burn Circuit I done! I am so not going to be able to walk tomorrow.

I forgot how long these sets are in Burn! My brain was still in Push mode-- picked up weights waaay too heavy for 12 reps.

I remembered to print the worksheets and log my weight/reps for all of the exercises. I didn't do that the first time and I really regretted it by the time I started Push. Going to try and do everything right this time. Husband wasn't home last night to help me with my measurements and before picture, but we will do it tonight!
  • piwijpoukasi
    piwijpoukasi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Shanaho - that's great to hear! I also am changing the calendar so it's M-F... and for the first time I'm actually waking up early to work out! It must be a sign that I'm getting old... ;)

Lwillis1234 - Nice work so far!

Pipsg1rl - How do you like PiYo so far? I'm thinking that will be my next purchase!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options

Pipsg1rl - How do you like PiYo so far? I'm thinking that will be my next purchase!

You'd think it would be easy b/c she says it's low impact. It's not easy, but I do like it. I can tell I'm getting stronger. Start date was 7/14.
    What's also interesting is you think it would get easier as you get better. It doesn't. You begin to really push yourself once you know the moves and cues.
  • Shanahoo
    Options
    How are we doing, friends?

Just started week 2 yesterday. I am glad I decided to schedule it so that I do not rest on the weekends, definitely helped keep me more accountable. I am already going up in weight on some of the moves, too! I feel like I am going to max out on my dumbbells a lot quicker this time than the first time I did this. Maybe I can convince The Hubs that I NEED the SelectTechs this time? Early anniversary present? Eh eh?

My favorite workout is still Burn Intervals, minus the sumo burpees because my hips are awful and start popping out and cramping when I take a wide stance like that. My least favorite video is the one with all the sumo squats for that reason. The whole program makes me want to tackle a bus, I feel so strong when I'm done.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    How are we doing, friends?

Just started week 2 yesterday. I am glad I decided to schedule it so that I do not rest on the weekends, definitely helped keep me more accountable. I am already going up in weight on some of the moves, too! I feel like I am going to max out on my dumbbells a lot quicker this time than the first time I did this. Maybe I can convince The Hubs that I NEED the SelectTechs this time? Early anniversary present? Eh eh?

My favorite workout is still Burn Intervals, minus the sumo burpees because my hips are awful and start popping out and cramping when I take a wide stance like that. My least favorite video is the one with all the sumo squats for that reason. The whole program makes me want to tackle a bus, I feel so strong when I'm done.

I can't wait to hear how amazing you feel when you get to Push.

I'm not sure about modifiers for the sumo squats though - with the burpees you can follow Leli (is that her name?) or Donna (I don't think she gets on the floor).

What sort of weights are you using now? My set was a selectable set from Target by LifeForm. They go up to 25 Lbs, but now that I'm working out in the gym I don't need a new set at home.
  • aroberts713
    aroberts713 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone !!!
    I just started on the Push phase of CheLean Extreme and I love it. During the Burn phase I lost 2.8 pounds and 10 1/2 inches all over my body (chest,waist,hips). Ive been mixing this program with T25 as well. But I love the program and the Push phase, I love it. I'm looking forward to see what this month's results will be.

Please feel free to add me as a friend and share how much you like the program or if you need support.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Hey everyone !!!
    I just started on the Push phase of CheLean Extreme and I love it. During the Burn phase I lost 2.8 pounds and 10 1/2 inches all over my body (chest,waist,hips). Ive been mixing this program with T25 as well. But I love the program and the Push phase, I love it. I'm looking forward to see what this month's results will be.

Please feel free to add me as a friend and share how much you like the program or if you need support.

Welcome!
  • Shanahoo
    Options
    I can't wait to hear how amazing you feel when you get to Push.

I'm not sure about modifiers for the sumo squats though - with the burpees you can follow Leli (is that her name?) or Donna (I don't think she gets on the floor).

What sort of weights are you using now? My set was a selectable set from Target by LifeForm. They go up to 25 Lbs, but now that I'm working out in the gym I don't need a new set at home.

I already know I L-O-V-E Push because that's how far I made it last time before I dropped off-- all the way to the last cardio day! Still kicking myself for not continuing to Lean!

I just try to do all the sumo positions the best I can. I'm sure one day I'll have nice open hips again.

I have regular dumbells 3, 5, 8, 10, 12, 15, 20 lbs. Right now I'm doing almost all of the exercises between 10-15 lbs, some of the flys I have to use the 8's. Today is my end of week rest day and tomorrow is my 4th week of Burn, I think I'll be using the 20's for some of the squats this last time around. I feel like buying the SelectTechs would be cheaper/the same price as buying 2 25's and 2 30's, and I'd get a larger range. Also, running out of storage place in my tiny townhome living room!

I am excited to get through this last week and take my measurements because I can see a huge difference in my natural waist already. Still a long way to go, but it is nice to start out by becoming an hour glass again instead of an apple/barrel!
  • Shanahoo
    Options
    <3 PUSH <3

Pretty much all I have to say about that. Circuit 1 week 1. I am really going to savor this month!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    <3 PUSH <3

Pretty much all I have to say about that. Circuit 1 week 1. I am really going to savor this month!

Yay!
  • Shanahoo
    Options
    YOU GUYS! I SAW A BICEP TODAY. It was real and it was there! I was flexing a little, and I saw it move! Still need to burn a ton of fat off it, but somewhere down there, there IS a bicep!!

(Push circuit 1: Week 3 today if anyone else is still on this wagon)
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    YOU GUYS! I SAW A BICEP TODAY. It was real and it was there! I was flexing a little, and I saw it move! Still need to burn a ton of fat off it, but somewhere down there, there IS a bicep!!

Did you look down at it and say "Hi! Hi there! How are ya?"
  • Shanahoo
    Options

As soon as my husband walked in the door from work I was all up in his face like, "BABE! BABE! LOOKiT MY ARM!"
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options

As soon as my husband walked in the door from work I was all up in his face like, "BABE! BABE! LOOKiT MY ARM!"

haha! love it :)
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    OP - are you still following this program?
  • Shanahoo
    Options
    I might be the only one left here but I start Lean tomorrow and I'm so excited because it is the first time I've made it to this month! Brand new workouts, woop!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    That is something I do like about that program is you change everything once a month and you only do the routines a few times. Definitely worth the spend if even for the change in pace. Lean is a favorite of mine.