ANyone else starting Chalean Extreme this month (Aug 2014)?

Options

Replies

• Shanahoo
    Shanahoo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ya'll, I just finished Lean Circuit 1 and I feel like I have PTSD. I did not like it. :'(

From the second Chalean came out in the gold spandex tank top I was just like, where am I!? Who are all these strangers?! Why is everything so slow?! Are my arms even going to work tomorrow?

I felt like I was flailing my way through this video. It gets better, right??
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Shanahoo wrote: »
    Ya'll, I just finished Lean Circuit 1 and I feel like I have PTSD. I did not like it. :'(

From the second Chalean came out in the gold spandex tank top I was just like, where am I!? Who are all these strangers?! Why is everything so slow?! Are my arms even going to work tomorrow?

I felt like I was flailing my way through this video. It gets better, right??

Many ladies feel the same way - "What happened to the people I know?" "Seriously? Gold Lame'?"

This workout is difficult because you are once again doing combo moves so you may not be able to continue with the weight you were using in Push.

Don't worry, once you figure out the motions you'll be great!

Best,
    t

• Shanahoo
    Options
    Lean Circuit 2. I don't feel PTSD today. Just pissed. We spent the last 2 months treating core as an afterthought, and now she wants to do all these one-legged, plank position lifts?! I feel like toddler trying to take their first steps. You'd never know I've been busting my petunia the last 2 months at this!

I did enjoy that this one seemed shorter/faster paced than Circuit 1 and some of the moves I actually really loved (squat with double-arm anterior delt lift).

I am committed to finishing this program. I am. Even though it looks like I'm going to be spending the next month working out mad. At least tomorrow is my one true love, Burn Intervals. I miss Skip and Janelle.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    I love Skip. I hope you really don't spend the entire time mad :(
  • jms14letgo
    jms14letgo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I didn't start in August but I'm currently following the program! I'm currently in my second week. :) If you don't mind I'd love to join this thread and see it through to the end with you.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Welcome to the team!
  • Shanahoo
    Options
    Yes please! Glad to have someone else in the thread. Don't let my whining deter you, Burn and Push are awesome!
  • jms14letgo
    Options
    Yay! I did Burn Intervals and Ab Burner(?) this morning. I absolutely love the Burn intervals workout!
  • Shanahoo
    Options
    Fell of the wagon for a week (actually illness turned into laziness), but picked up where I left off with Burn Intervals today. Man, that workout is hard when you take a week off, but I felt so good when I was done. 3.5 weeks to go, committed to finish this!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    (chants) Go! Go! go! GO!
  • Shanahoo
    Options
    Lean Circuit 3 today and... I DIDN'T hate it! Actually, this was my favorite of the 3 in this phase. Maybe it was the lack of lamé workout clothing? Getting used to the new faces? I love shoulders and chest. All those push-ups/planks was rough, but I can see myself enjoying this 3 more times.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Yay! That's progress :)
  • jms14letgo
    Options
    Burn circuit 3 for me... I'm just a little behind you. ;) I was not feeling it today at all! TMI but it's that time of month for me. I'm lucky enough to need prescription pain meds for 1-2 days during this time.. Today is that day. :s So anyway, I'm just not feeling 100%, but I still worked out I just didn't push like normal. 1 more week of the burn circuits for me then onto the next phase!
  • zenyacleveland
    zenyacleveland Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welp I think I am starting again for the 3rd time...(fell off for months) I would like to join this too!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    I have a friend who started yesterday. I'm working on getting her to join MFP. I think she'd enjoy our group.
  • Letsdothis1984
    Letsdothis1984 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Welp I think I am starting again for the 3rd time...(fell off for months) I would like to join this too!

I found It! Thank you for sending me the link. We got this!
  • zenyacleveland
    zenyacleveland Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ok team...I completed Burn Circuit #1 day 1.....and so it begins.I am only logging in food and not exercise. I was in a group called Eat to Lose and I'm doing the TDEE calorie thing ...and you don't have to log in exercise because it takes it into consideration already.

Here is a website that was helpful!

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Even with TDEE I logged exercise, but at 1 calorie burned. It helps you see if people are doing the same exercises as you on your friends list.
  • jms14letgo
    Options
    Burn circuit 2 today, week 4... I'm just about done with month 1!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    jms14letgo wrote: »
    Burn circuit 2 today, week 4... I'm just about done with month 1!

That's awesome! Way to go :)