Upcoming Races, what are yours?

Options

Replies

• Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to do the Spartan Race at AT&T Park in San Francisco last weekend (go Giants) but simply couldn't make it up to the Bay Area. I am all signed up for the December 7th race in Malibu, and can't wait to kick the crap out of the course.

It was a great event. But it looks like there is preregistration for an LA Stadium Sprint for 2015, So hopefully that happens, since it is WAY closer to me.

I will be in Malibu as well. Can't wait!

Next for me is I have a half next weekend (my first) and it's ALL uphill. 3000ft gain in elevation. And I have a ruck the day before. Want to guess who is going to die? That will be me.

Then the Temecula Beast and Sprint!
  • FWMagicMike
    FWMagicMike Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I did my first Spartan race which was:

2014 Spartan Sprint at Blue Mountain, I even made it in the NBC video they showed August 19th a couple of times (I didn't get to see it... bummer)

I signed up for the
    2014 Spartan Super in Vernon, NJ which is in a couple of weeks and

I JUST signed up for the
    2014 Spartan Beast in Killington, VT which would be my first year doing Spartan races and my first Trifecta.

Time to train hard... :)
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    2014 Spartan Sprint at Blue Mountain, I even made it in the NBC video they showed August 19th a couple of times (I didn't get to see it... bummer)

You can see a bunch of clips here: http://www.nbcsports.com/show/spartan-race

It will also be rebroadcast at 4:30 on Thursday on the CSNCH network. I have it DVR'd, but no idea how to get a show off DVR and online.
  • FWMagicMike
    Options

You can see a bunch of clips here: http://www.nbcsports.com/show/spartan-race

It will also be rebroadcast at 4:30 on Thursday on the CSNCH network. I have it DVR'd, but no idea how to get a show off DVR and online.

Thanks! I will have to take a look at it!
  • _DSKG_
    _DSKG_ Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just registered for the November 2, 2014 Tough Mudder in Houston, TX. I'm so psyched for it! :-) I need to kick the training up a notch now though!
  • concertbork
    Options
    I really wanted to do the Spartan Race at AT&T Park in San Francisco last weekend (go Giants) but simply couldn't make it up to the Bay Area. I am all signed up for the December 7th race in Malibu, and can't wait to kick the crap out of the course.

It was a great event. But it looks like there is preregistration for an LA Stadium Sprint for 2015, So hopefully that happens, since it is WAY closer to me.

I will be in Malibu as well. Can't wait!

Next for me is I have a half next weekend (my first) and it's ALL uphill. 3000ft gain in elevation. And I have a ruck the day before. Want to guess who is going to die? That will be me.

Then the Temecula Beast and Sprint!

I just saw they added a LA Stadium Sprint today. Praying it's at the Coliseum and not Dodgers Stadium, just because I would feel dirty giving 100% at the home of the Dodgers lol.

Hopefully you survived your insane weekend :)
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

I just saw they added a LA Stadium Sprint today. Praying it's at the Coliseum and not Dodgers Stadium, just because I would feel dirty giving 100% at the home of the Dodgers lol.

Hopefully you survived your insane weekend :)

I'm really hoping it is the Coliseum as well. That would be killer. I had an absolute blast at the SF AT&T Sprint and would love to do one closer to home.

I barely survived. I *might* have slept on the couch for 3 days straight because I was too sore to get into bed.
  • summertime_girl
    Options
    Looking through my upcoming schedule and it's insane! No rest for the wicked ;)

Sept. 6th, Carry the Fallen Marathon, Boston
    Sept. 7th, NJ Super Spartan
    Sept. 13th, CMC Philly
    Sept. 20th, Vermont Spartan Beast
    Sept. 21st, Vermont Spartan Sprint
    Sept. 27th, Pittsburgh Battlefrog
    Sept. 28th, Tunnels 2 Towers NYC
    Oct. 4th, Bonefrog Staten Island
    Oct. 11th, FIT FORCE Providence

Yikes! I have a few weeks off in October, I think.
  • sirenical
    sirenical Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Totally JEALOUS of September 27th Battlefrog and 4th Bonefrog....

Can't wait to see you Sunday <3
  • summertime_girl
    Options
    Come to Bonefrog with me! And Sunday I may need to be dragged up and down the mountain, lol!
  • LG_Adventure
    LG_Adventure Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm running the spartan sprint outside Chicago, anyone else going to be there? I did the military sorting in CO this year and it was a blast! Can't wait to do another.
  • FWMagicMike
    Options
    July 19, did the Spartan Sprint: Finished 25th due to damn burpees...missed the Spear throw

September 6th, did the Spartan Super: Finished 22nd due to damn burpees... missed the Spear throw

Vermont... I will get the spear throw....
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Boo! I think my season may be over. I threw out my back almost 2 weeks ago and it is SLOW recovery. I had two more races scheduled for the year but I am not sure I am going to recover in time. One is October 11th- Wicked Mud Run @ ward hill in Shrewsbury Ma. I may be better in time for the Spartan Fenway race but that might even be cutting it close. Right now I am just happy to be able to move my arms.

So good luck to everyone for the rest of your 2014 season... I will definitely be back better than ever for 2015 (if not before).
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Anyone going to be at the Tough Mudder in Dallas on October 5th? It will be my first mudder.
  • kwaz29
    kwaz29 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Anyone interested in doing the O2X Summit Challenge at Windham Mt. in NY on October 25? The race sounds awesome and I will prob be signing up this week, but would love company. Also found a coupon for a $65 entry fee-looks like theyve got some great swag included.
  • ColossusCain
    ColossusCain Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Anyone else Beast bound in VT this Saturday?
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Anyone else Beast bound in VT this Saturday?
    I'll be running in the Ultra Beast on Sunday, but I'm spectating on Saturday.
  • FWMagicMike
    Options
    I'll be there Saturday running at the 8am wave.:drinker:
  • summertime_girl
    Options
    Anyone interested in doing the O2X Summit Challenge at Windham Mt. in NY on October 25? The race sounds awesome and I will prob be signing up this week, but would love company. Also found a coupon for a $65 entry fee-looks like theyve got some great swag included.

Some friends did it last weekend, and LOVED it. Really well put on race.