Hi

Im sky spain and living in uk now

I want to lose 20-30 kg in 100

Wish me luck

Day one is done check my profile -_-
  • bodysculpted2013
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am looking to lose the dreaded last ten pounds and eat a lot healthier; to be more specific, I will eat five to ten servings of fruits and veggies per day and eat at least one serving of beans. Finally, I am aiming to do cardio for at least 30 minutes each day. Once I hit my goal weight, I plan to incorporate weight lifting into my routine.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I feel a bit exposed doing this, but... here goes! Safe place! And of course, please feel free to add me as a friend! I love buddies!

I'm 25 years old. I am in recovery for a binge/purge eating disorder and have been having a particularly difficult time with it since March. Today is the 2nd day of my incident-free streak with a new found sense of purpose, and I hope to make it much higher soon. I was recently diagnosed with a genetic heart condition - hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which means that the muscles in my heart walls are hardened, which makes it harder for my heart to pump blood. Side effects include arrhythmias (which seriously freak me out), shortness of breath, high blood pressure, and can lead to sudden cardiac death. But! With proper treatment and healthful practices, I know that I can have a normal life! :flowerforyou:

Now with all that said, I am very motivated to get to a higher level of fitness and improve my cardiac health through this challenge. One problem: I absolutely hate cardio exercise. Give me weights to lift and I'll be happy, but tell me to run a mile and I will tell you to get bent.

My 4 goals for these 100 days:
    * Reduce the amount of binging/purging significantly (I'd like to say eliminate, but I don't like to deal in absolutes)
    * Increase my cardio endurance
    * Be able to participate in 5k events on a regular basis
    * Be able to swim 50 freestyle laps in a standard 25m pool
  • autumn_duo
    autumn_duo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Jen here !

I'm 44 in October and from Massachusetts.

Need to lose at least 40 lbs. I have no idea how much I weight, as I am terrified of stepping on the scale. I suppose that I will have take the plunge so I have a starting point.

Goals for today:
    No needless snacking
    Increase water intake
    and
    Try to get out for a walk or get to the gym, before parents night at the kids school...

Would love some people to help motivate. Would love to be added as a friend. Also a fitbit user so feel free to add me there as well. I think this is the link for fitbit
    www.fitbit.com/user/29N3CW
  • ender90
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I've been on a weight loss journey for a couple years now, largely by counting calories and exercising more. I lost almost 60 lbs in the first 14 months, and have basically been plateaued since then (for about the last year). I'm getting incredibly frustrated since I'm still doing a lot of the same work I was. I have a trainer now, so I'm trying some new workouts but no go. I find I'm lacking motivation, so I'm joining this group and the challenge in hopes of getting the weight loss back on track.
    My goal for the next 100 days is to begin losing weight again- to prove this I will lose 8 lbs. Small goal but big hurdle.
    My mini goal for today is to do my new workout (I've been sick and got my wisdom teeth out last week, so haven't worked out in a week).
    Max- 246 lbs
    Current- 194 lbs
    Goal- 150 lbs
  • TryingAgainIn2012
    Options
    Hi, I'm Cyndi, 47 years old from New Jersey. Yesterday, I started the KettleWorx 6 week program. I'm 5'6" and currently weigh 182.2 lbs. I generally try to stick to a low carb diet, and primarily focus on not eating any processed food. I like this 100 Day Challenge idea! I would like to lose 20 lbs. by the end of this challenge.
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    hi Im April. Im 37 from wakefield in UK.
    I have recently found some serious motivation to kick my own butt and make some serious changes and keep moving on my journey. I have just got to my second goal and would like to make my next by Christmas. So would like to loose 17lb. this will also take me to onederland.
    I have a slight hindrance half way through with a holiday to Portugal at the end of October.
    I do a fair bit of exercise, kickboxing, jujitsu and karate. and run x3 a week i have just started swimming once a week as well.
    so intend to do my absolute best over the next 100 days.
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Great idea. I've done mini-goals before and they are great to keep one motivated!

My mini goal for tomorrow: No added sugar - If I think I "need" something sweet I can have some a piece of fruit,
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Great idea. I've done mini-goals before and they are great to keep one motivated!

My mini goal for tomorrow: No added sugar - If I think I "need" something sweet I can have some a piece of fruit,

Oops! I thought I posted this in the mini-goal thread.

Anyway, looking forward to this challenge! I hope to in one-derland by the end of this challenge. I'm currently looking for full-time work since my daughter started kindergarten and once I do I'll be re-joining YMCA so I can get back to the regular workout routine I used to have. We had a family membership, but put it on hold six months ago as it didn't fit into our budget, and I am just not working out like I used to while I had it. I truly can feel that I'm not quite as strong as I was and I want that again! Before then I plan to make some effort to use the resources I have at home to put more into my workouts!
  • jannyca
    jannyca Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm very happy to be a part of this 100 days to better health! I'll be 50 in April and I want this time to help me NAIL DOWN healthy eating habits! The past is in the past! Getting a grip 3 months ahead of Christmas is a great plan. I'm committed to tracking my food each day (1200 calorie goal) and exercising 5 days a week.

Blessings on all of you! Janelle
  • sueb711
    sueb711 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm Sue, 43 yrs old and need to lose approx. 50 lbs to be in the "healthy range" - I'm 5'4" and 50 lbs extra does not look very good on my size. My daily goal is to walk during a break at work each day and continue logging in. I am not interested in rapid weight loss, I want something that is gradual and a lifestyle change. I would love to be 20 lbs lighter by Christmas...so here I go. :smile:
  • sleepyyy
    sleepyyy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm Lianna, 25 years old living in SoCal :) It's nice to meet you all!

I'm 5'2 at 111 lbs, trying to get to 103 by Nov 1 for a bet with a friend so my deadline is a little closer, but after that I'll try to maintain till Christmas! I've just gotten off of months of ot, eating alot of cheese enchiladas topped with cheese (work's idea of vegetarian dinner option) and it's time to reverse the damage. Want to shed 8 pounds, so that's 1 lb a week, 1200 cals daily! So far, 3 days in, 58 more to go, gotta take it one day at a time or else I'll just give up haha. Hoping to find buddies to keep me accountable, lets motivate each other! Please update us with your progress, it's very inspiring to read everyone's stories, especially the progress part :)

Goals-
    1200 cals a day (Technically, the math say 1100, I'll walk 100 of the cals off)
    Walk to and from work daily
    1 hr gym classes 4x a week
    Eat wholesome, organic, fresh, food from the earth :)
    Sleep at least 8 hrs a night.

Yay! Trying to make this a healthy lifestyle change I can stick with. Feel free to add me as a friend :D
  • rachelcidranes
    Options
    Started my self improvement challenge on 09-01-14. I was at 181 and do not weigh in until Monday. My goal is to loose 30 lbs by Christmas. My biggest challenge is to avoid candy corn as the season is almost upon us and I am an addict. I have worked out every day this week so far and stayed within my calorie budget. Greetings to all.
  • starz272
    starz272 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Greetings from New York!

I am a 29-year old female who has struggled with my weight since my pre-teen years. I am trying to undo some of the damage that I've done to my body for the past 18 years :-) (i.e. lack of exercise, eating unhealthy processed food).

I currently weigh about 148 pounds. My goal at the end of the 100 days is for me to hit 130 pounds. However, it's not really about the numbers for me. My goal is to see my body change to one that is more strong, fit, and limber. I want to be able to increase my cardio health and be able to workout for longer periods of time without losing my breath.

My current fitness regimen involves workout classes (Zumba, Intensati, etc.) about 3x a week..however, I am currently nursing my left foot which is randomly hurting. Hoping that the issue resolves itself soon so I can get back to going to the classes: it's important for me to stick to a routine, otherwise, I'd talk myself out of the workouts :-).Foodwise, I am trying to eat more whole foods and cut down on my carb intake.

Good luck everyone!! (Please feel free to add me so that we can motivate each other!) :-)
  • Venobambino
    Venobambino Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had no intention on joining a group or anything else, but it's time for me to stop this nonsense. My name is Vanessa. I'm 38, married, and the mother of 3. I've had weight issues my whole life and then in 2012, I discovered MFP! I did great for about 6 months, lost 40 pounds, started running, got in GREAT shape! I even made it to ONEDERLAND. Then I thought I'd take it to the next level and start lifting. After a couple weeks of lifting, I woke up one day in SEVERE pain all over my body. I thought I had torn muscles or something. Went to the doctor and they couldn't find anything wrong. I spent the next couple months in physical therapy. Still no improvement. Got tested for rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, everything you can imagine and finally got diagnosed with fibromyalgia. The day the doctor told me, "There's nothing we can do. You will be in pain the rest of your life. No more weightlifting, no more running, stick to casual walking and water aerobics," I gave up on everything. Deleted my MFP account, fell into a deep depression, became suicidal, started smoking pot, pushed all my friends away, and didn't care any more. It felt like my life was over. I clawed my way out of it with the help of God, but still just didn't care about my weight or my health. I joined MFP again some months back, but could never get motivated again the way I was before. A few days ago, I was reading articles on line about sugar addiction and it's connection to fibromyalgia and something just clicked in me. I realized how much I was using sugar as a crutch. It's my "drug of choice." I decided I don't want to be this way anymore. I know it's possible for me to be happy and be healthy without heavy lifting and without being the superwoman I used to strive to be. I have to do this for my kids, because they need me. But first, I have to do this for me. I want to be "me" again. Hoping this group will be a motivation for me to stop letting this disease get the better of me.

Good luck everybody!
  • Aug312014
    Aug312014 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

My goal for the next 100 days is to complete my Food & Exercise Diary daily.
  • Mopar88
    Mopar88 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    INTRO TIME!!!

I'm Steph :) I'm from Michigan - I want to lose around 50 pounds or so - Got down to my goal weight of 150 about 4 years ago and it crept back cause I lost WAYYY too fast last time. Slow and steady and PERMANENT this time :)

I'd LOVE to lose 20 pounds by Christmas!!!!

Currently: 196.4 (YES that 0.4 counts LOL)
    Height: 5'7"
    Goal by Christmas: 175 or less :)

I follow 5:2 and I'm SLOWLLLLY working on adding more exercise currently!!!

Hi Steph. :) I'm from Michigan also. It's nice to see someone from my neck of the woods on here.
    I have 66 pounds to be where I want to be and would love to lose 30 pounds of that by Christmas.
  • musicfan4life30
    musicfan4life30 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I am 161.8 lbs right now and I want to be 156.8 lbs at the end of the 100 days! :) I want to lose 5 lbs in 100 days!
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone I am from Canada as well, I will be 40 in about 5 weeks and would love to be 130 by Xmas . I just switched back from strat days to shift work this is a good and bad thing as I have more time to work out when the kids are in school but hard to when working long days and eating during the night
  • Helen_free
    Helen_free Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm Helen 25 years old from Iran. (202 lbs, 5' 4") I gained about 88 lbs in 2.5 years. And I've lost my self confidence,when I look at the mirror I can't believe that this is me. I'm single so I'm very scared to marry have a baby someday, Maybe it will make me the fattest woman in the earth. (Kidding! :D)
    Well I was over weight since my childhood. 4 years ago I had lost 40 lbs, and became 127 lbs.Healthy wight! but I didn't get it in a healthy way! It was mostly for depression, I couldn't eat anything and I was crying all day!
    I couldn't afford to go to a Psychologist. I'd tried to read books, talk to my friends and cheer myself up. I almost recovered from it, but again my depression came back after some tragic events.
    So Anyway I was so sad. I hated my life. I started to eat cookies and chocolate a lot to reduce stress and sadness and I got fat. I reached 216 lbs.
    In the last 2 month, I finally overcame my addiction to cookies! It wasn't easy but I did it. I'm doing Zumba regularly for 1 month now. I have lost about 10 lbs. Doing Zumba makes me happy. It's a great workout!
    I have to work more, increase my income because I need more money to rent a house next year. and my next semester will start soon.(I'm studying for master degree at physics) I'm a bit scared, I don't know, if I will do good in this, I ruined 3 semesters by now.

My Plan till next year is to make myself happy, eat and exercise healthy. Study and work harder.