Options

Replies

• T_Roc
    T_Roc Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Spartan Sprint
    Atlanta Georgia
    March 7th-8th 2015

I started working out for this one. Its going to be my 1st one. Kinda nervous about it, never did anything like this before.
  • sirenical
    sirenical Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I will be at the the South Caroline Beast that weekend but you should definitely sign up for O2X! It was AMAZING. The Basecamp experience and the courses they put together are incredible.
  • FWMagicMike
    FWMagicMike Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    DID IT!!!

I am a Trifecta Tribe member!

:drinker:
  • concertbork
    Options
    Congrats on Trifecta. One day I will have the time/be in good enough shape to pull that off.
    DID IT!!!

• sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    DID IT!!!

hell yeah! Congrats! I can't wait to earn mine!
  • sentaruu
    Options
    Anyone interested in doing the O2X Summit Challenge at Windham Mt. in NY on October 25? The race sounds awesome and I will prob be signing up this week, but would love company. Also found a coupon for a $65 entry fee-looks like theyve got some great swag included.

hmm, really interested in this, looks like an uphill 5k?
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    A friend's review of the Killington Beast: "Vermont Beast/Ultra Beast obstacle list that I remember: A giant ridiculous climb, then some more of that. Then the traverse wall. Then freezing cold water, then a tarzan swing that only people who won American Ninja Warrior could do. Then a walk on the banks of the water and froze some more. Then another ridiculous climb that lasted like an hour. Then some ****ing lunatic thought it would be cool to ask the men to carry TWO heavy and awkward sandbags up a ****ing hill. Parts of it were so steep and awkward and there where people and carnage and ****ing sandbags everywhere. Before that, there were two or three or five bucket carries. Then the Blerch chased me for like 45 minutes. Then I climbed some more. Then they had us get on top of a ****ing A frame at the TOP of a mountain. What could go wrong there? Then we had to throw a spear into clouds and 47,000 mph winds. Then, that orange thing. Then a long giant pipe that again could only be done by Ninjas. Then we climbed some more. Order might not be correct."

Yup. Just about accurate. I tore something in my knee at around mile four. While the course was labeled to be 14.9 miles, they lie. Those are Spartan Miles. It GPSed out to 18.3. And despite being broken, I refused to quit, finished that damn Beast, and earned my Trifecta. I'm on crutches now, but dammit, I finished! :)
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    A friend's review of the Killington Beast: "Vermont Beast/Ultra Beast obstacle list that I remember: A giant ridiculous climb, then some more of that. Then the traverse wall. Then freezing cold water, then a tarzan swing that only people who won American Ninja Warrior could do. Then a walk on the banks of the water and froze some more. Then another ridiculous climb that lasted like an hour. Then some ****ing lunatic thought it would be cool to ask the men to carry TWO heavy and awkward sandbags up a ****ing hill. Parts of it were so steep and awkward and there where people and carnage and ****ing sandbags everywhere. Before that, there were two or three or five bucket carries. Then the Blerch chased me for like 45 minutes. Then I climbed some more. Then they had us get on top of a ****ing A frame at the TOP of a mountain. What could go wrong there? Then we had to throw a spear into clouds and 47,000 mph winds. Then, that orange thing. Then a long giant pipe that again could only be done by Ninjas. Then we climbed some more. Order might not be correct."

Yup. Just about accurate. I tore something in my knee at around mile four. While the course was labeled to be 14.9 miles, they lie. Those are Spartan Miles. It GPSed out to 18.3. And despite being broken, I refused to quit, finished that damn Beast, and earned my Trifecta. I'm on crutches now, but dammit, I finished! :)

Congrats on the finish! I heard the course was brutal. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Maybe, someday, I will have enough courage to attempt Killington but I am not quite there yet.
  • sentaruu
    Options
    Signed up for the o2x summit at windham
    also signed up for the Spartan when it comes back around to tuxedo next year, so pumped!
  • summertime_girl
    Options
    I didn't get to run Battlefrog this weekend, though I was on course all day. It was AMAZING. Seriously, this is a don't miss race. And then Tunnel 2 Towers was an emotional, beautiful, amazing race. Despite the pretty severe pain I'm in, (if I had to guess based on previous injuries, torn meniscus and possible stress fracture) I was able to run a good portion of the race on adrenaline alone. I *think* it might be a good idea to bail on the the ABF Mud Run and Bonefrog next weekend, lol!
  • summertime_girl
    Options
    Signed up for the o2x summit at windham
    also signed up for the Spartan when it comes back around to tuxedo next year, so pumped!

I'm definitely doing an O2X Summit race at some point. Love the flasks they give as finishers' medals!

I am not signing up for Tuxedo until day of. The last two years in a row I have had to skip Tough Mudder, Superhero Scramble, and Tuxedo due to injury this year, and illness last. Maybe if I'm not registered, I won't jinx those races!
  • DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1
    Options
    Less than 4 weeks to the SC Spartan Beast! Can't wait to earn that Trifecta!
  • sentaruu
    Options
    Going to a local event, Walbridge farm "muckrush" on the 19th. Should be fun!
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I have been medically cleared to exercise again. My next race is Wicked Mud Run III on 10/11 (which will probably be a disaster since I haven't trained at all since August 23rd). After that it is the Spartan Fenway race on 11/15
  • quinto1025
    quinto1025 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey all, just found this group, awesome!

So far:
    • Warrior Dash - CT
    • Spartan Sprint - VT
    • Rugged Maniac, Southwich, MA

Registered
    1. Tough Mudder - Tristate
    2. Spartan Beast - SC
    3. Spartan Super - SC
    4. Spartan Stadium - Fenway
  • The_GingerBeard_Man
    The_GingerBeard_Man Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I just did my first and it was the OH Super Spartan, on Saturday. I had a blast and got drafted this week to go get Savage on Saturday at the Mid-Atlantic Fall Savage run. These things are addicting!
  • Laurochka
    Laurochka Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am planning 2015 already and want to try some new races.
    I'm already signed up for the Tough Mudder Scotland again and I'm almost certainly do the Spartan Sprint again but I fancied a few new ones.

here's my list so far:
    Ideas for next year's challenges:
    http://www.majorseries.com/events/scotland
    http://www.mhsurvival.co.uk/
    http://www.lanrickchallenge.com/
    http://www.muddyrace.co.uk/scotland/glack-attack-aberdeenshire/
    http://www.primefourbeastrace.co.uk/
    http://www.mightydeerstalker.com/

The Mighty Deerstalker looks like a hoot and a good excuse to dress in tweed!
  • sentaruu
    Options
    just signed up for the tristate beast.
    help me, god.