Introductions!

Options
kmuree
kmuree Posts: 283 Member
Hi everyone!

:) My name is Krys, and I am a 24 year old college student who has struggled with her weight since age 11. It's only recently that my doctor is looking into a thyroid problem from me, and though medication might help, the 30 Day Shred has done WONDERS for me in the past! The last time I did it, I lost seven pounds and a couple of inches, by eating the right food and keeping to the schedule.

I'm engaged to be married - my fiance and I are planning on eloping to Yosemite for our 10th anniversary in 2016 - and my biggest motivation is being able to be active during our honeymoon (hiking, biking, rafting, climbing) and being HEALTHY. Weight loss is so exciting, but for me, it's about my health.

I'm really looking forward to doing this with all of you and hope you'll stick through this journey with me! We can do it! :heart:

Replies

• snowbunny694E
    snowbunny694E Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI my names ashley im 25 n am working to change my lifestyle n be healthier n help my family be healthier I have lost a large amount of weight twice before but gained it back during pregnancies. I had a lil girl in February and an trying to lose the baby weight and tone up. Hoping to this challenge helps :-)
  • snowbunny694E
    snowbunny694E Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome good luck

quote]
    Hi everyone!

:) My name is Krys, and I am a 24 year old college student who has struggled with her weight since age 11. It's only recently that my doctor is looking into a thyroid problem from me, and though medication might help, the 30 Day Shred has done WONDERS for me in the past! The last time I did it, I lost seven pounds and a couple of inches, by eating the right food and keeping to the schedule.

I'm engaged to be married - my fiance and I are planning on eloping to Yosemite for our 10th anniversary in 2016 - and my biggest motivation is being able to be active during our honeymoon (hiking, biking, rafting, climbing) and being HEALTHY. Weight loss is so exciting, but for me, it's about my health.

I'm really looking forward to doing this with all of you and hope you'll stick through this journey with me! We can do it! :heart:
    [/quote]
  • jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hey i'm Jia. I did start the Shred last month and was also part of the group here. But i had to quit coz of an injury. So happy to find another Shred group.
  • kmuree
    Options
    So glad to hear from you ladies! :)

Happy you could join us for another round! Injuries can be so rough but October will be a better month! :heart:
  • mariarf2
    mariarf2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Maria, I'm a 25 year old graduate student. I've tried many times to do the 30-day shred, always get today 6 or 7 and then give up (I'm a pro at level 1 now!!). Hopefully being in a group will motivate me to finish it this time :)
  • cecesquats
    cecesquats Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I'm Cece and I've done the 30DS before, but never made it past the first level. I'm excited to give it another go :) I want to lose 15 pounds in October, so I'm definitely going to need to stick with it to meet my goal.
  • SilviaZhivkova86
    Options
    Hi, my name is Silvia and I am 28 yo.
    I've done the 30DS couple of years ago and the results were way better than the expected.

Two years ago I started suffering from panic disorder, I stopped going out, eating and drinking (I didn't drink anything besides a sip of water with my medications). I am way better now, started going out, having fun. I also started eating not very healthy I guess or too much (compared to the previous year) which caused my extra weight - at present I am 90 kg

I started living my life again and I hope that being in this group will motivate me even more.
  • naleger2
    naleger2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi girs!
    My name is Nadia and I'm 28 years old.
    Im excited that I found this group, I was going to start the shred this week!
    I had success with it in the past but I also started it without finishing it!
    I lost some weight before my wedding in 2012 and now I need to lose my baby fat, I had a baby girl in January.

Cant wait to start it!! :)
  • Amanda045
    Options
    Hello,

Please can someone detail the 30 day shred on here, i cant seem to find any information on it.

Thanks
  • KeysGirl23
    KeysGirl23 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hey there! My friends call me E, short for Elishea. I have had the DVD, floor mat and hand weights sitting by my TV for months & months. I tried it one day a long time a go, but left it at that. I would love to get through the 30 days and see the results. I'm glad you've started this group. Challenges tend to hold me accountable. Let's go ladies, we've got this!
  • KeysGirl23
    KeysGirl23 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Please can someone detail the 30 day shred on here, i cant seem to find any information on it.

Thanks

There is a Jillian Michaels DVD you can purchase really cheap or it's free on YouTube.
  • RockNDosa
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Antoinetta, I'm 28 years old and I'm Italian. I started the weight loss diet in May and until today I have lost 18 kg (39lb). Now I have 10 kilos (22lb) to remove. What I really want now is to tone! So, lets do this 30 Day Shred together!
  • tafuting
    tafuting Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi
    My name is Stuthi and I am a 42 year old Indian. I work crazy hours and travel a lot, and am trying to find a fitness routine that is effective and not too long..have started the 30DS a few times, but never got through it before. Hoping this group will keep me motivated :). The last 2 years have been a weight and inches roller-coaster, and I suddenly find myself 2 sizes bigger than I would like to be..

Cheers
    Stuthi
  • kmuree
    Options
    Awesome! So excited to see all of you here! :) This is going to be a wonderful month!

As for the DVD, you can get it at Wal-Mart or Target for < $10 or look it up on YouTube!
  • Hi everyone! I'm 23, too big to be healthy, a full-time graduate student with a full-time job, struggling with male-factor infertility and treatments, oh...and planning my wedding for April, as if there isn't enough on my plate!

Obviously stress is a factor in my weight. ^^^ I've got a lot going on. I was also diagnosed with thyroid issues, which means that I have to take medicine and if I don't take it, my weight just stays the same.

I am joining this because I did the first five days of 30 day shred a couple of years ago (I had some commitment issues) and I lost almost 3 pounds in those five days, so I know it will work! I just know that this will be a fun way to do it, and hold each other accountable! I will post a picture on day one, on day 15, and on day 30 and I hope everyone else will, too, so we can see progress! (:
  • mushie99
    mushie99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Michelle 41 yrs old. I did the 30DS back in June and lost 8 pounds. Looking forward to doing it again with this group.
  • CComfortRN
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Charnelle and I am a brand new member to MFP. I am needing a little accountability to get motivated to lose weight for health reasons, so why not join the 30 Day Shred group!? I have owned the DVD for quite some time now, but could never get past the 2nd week/level 1. I hope to do well and find accountability partners along the way! Good luck everyone!
  • barbarawes86
    Options
    Hi All
    My name is Barbs and I was absolutely chuffed I found that group. Going on holiday in 32 days and trying to loose that horrible flab from my stomach and hips.
    Challange for myself is to loose 8kg by the end of October . Hope I ll find all the motivation need to help me survive all those workouts :-)
  • krogers810x
    krogers810x Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! :), I'm a 25 year old middle school teacher and I am planning to start a second round of 30DS. I bought the DVD two years ago and repeatedly started and quit in a matter of days. This summer, though, I started the shred with a group on here and not only finished it but did an overtime round of 15 extra days, pre-vacation. I lost just over 10 pounds and 9 inches! I took a break after getting back from vacation to deal with the start of the school year, but I am so glad to have found an October group so I get started again.
  • CWatson1994
    CWatson1994 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone my name is Caitlyn. Im 20 years old and im a mom of a 3 year old. she keeps me pretty busy but somehow I still let my weight get control of me. I had started the 30 day shred and completed a week of it I didn't see any weight change so I quit. but what I didn't know back then was if I didn't change the way I ate then I would never lose weight. but now that I have changed my eating habits I would love to try it again. im glad I have found a group cause I suck at self motivating. I woke up this morning at 202.8. and even though ive lost 7.4lb since the 21st I want to lose more and be healthy. Im starting my challenge tonight. good luck everyone on your journey. October is going to be a good month.