Introduction (Name, State, Goals, how achieve it)

Options
1234568»

Replies

• katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have lost 47 lbs this year! I have 33 left to go to hit goal weight. Realistically, I may not be able to get to 150 by January 1, but I am going to try! Here are my details:

Name: Kate
    State: CT
    Goals: from 184.5 to 150 lbs
    How to do it: my diet is low calorie, healthy, with a focus on protein and veggies, pounding H20, and avoiding liquid calories as well as cupboard snacks like chips, crakers, cookies (the three crispy, crunchy C foods that often lead to my downfall). I try to get in 3 days of cardio exercise each week; I try to get in 2 days of strength training in each week. I chase my kids around.
  • TurboTam
    TurboTam Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tamra from Oregon. I'd like to lose 16 by the end of December. Being part of this group will help me stay on the straight and narrow through the holidays, with a splurge here and there instead of one big splurge from Thanksgiving thru Christmas!!
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    My name is Annie, I am from California. My goal is to lose 14 pounds by the end of this challenge, I will achieve it by doing cardio kickboxing and zumba along with some elliptical every now and then as well as eating better. I am starting a little late but have been working out and logging successfully for the last 7 days. Here is to all of you on your journey into 2015!
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

My name is Jenna. I live in the Virginia Beach area. My short term goals are to lose twenty pounds by the end of the year, log in my food diary EVERYDAY (it really keeps me conscious of what I'm putting in my body), and train more consistently for my races. I have a half marathon in February and would like to run it in 2:30 minutes. I will use MFP as encouragement and motivation!
  • neckbonetwo
    neckbonetwo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Alycia from NC. My goal is to lose 15 lbs by 2015. To achieve this I plan to continue exercising at least six days per week and reaching my 10K steps/day goal. Additionally, I plan to log EVERYTHING I eat daily. In the past I have always been successful with losing and maintaining my weight when I log what I eat. I've feel off the wagon with doing this. My the end of 2014 I plan to have incorporated back into my way of life.
  • dawnmitchell6766
    dawnmitchell6766 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, my name is Dawn and I'm from Seattle, WA. My goal is to lose 7 lbs by 2015. I plan to achieve this by continuing to log and keep my calories at 1200, continue walking with an average of 8k steps per day, finish out the Jillian Michaels 30 DS in October and then I will find another workout challenge. Originally my goal was 135, but I am lowering that by 5 lbs so during maintenance I have a bit of cushion to fluctuate within.
  • Stipyna
    Options
    Hi! My name is Ilaria and I'm from Italy!!!
    Now I'm 130 lbs and my goal for Christmas is 110...
    I will reach my goal drinking more water and less alcohol and eating the right food...I'm ready!!!
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I'm Palmer, 22 years old, 5'7" and have so far lost about 30lbs. It's been a slow process with some breaks in between but I'm ready to get more serious again! My sw was 276, cw is 246.3, and gw for this challenge is 230 or lower. My ultimate long-term goal is probably 160 but I'll re-evaluate when I get there!

Feel free to add me especially if you have or have had similar stats! :)
  • Cowgal23
    Cowgal23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Jessica and I'm from Michigan. My goal is to lose 20lbs by 2015. I plan to do this by maintaining a calorie intake of around 1300 daily, drinking more water, and exercising at least 4x a week.
  • LadyNiteOwl
    LadyNiteOwl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone :) My name is Jeannette. I live just out of Chicago, Illinois. My goal is to lose 31 # by 12-31-2014.
    I plan to achieve my goal by eating healthy, drinking more water, and exercising at least 3x a week.
  • milesaway61
    milesaway61 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I'm Jessica. I'm a Canadian living in Russia. My goal would be to lose 25 pounds by 2015. I think that's feasible, although my ultimate goal is really 30 pounds by June 2015, so even if I only make it halfway, I'm still that much closer.

For the first few weeks my exercise will be quite limited. I tore my MCL 3 weeks ago and I'm still on crutches. So I can walk with the help of my crutch, but anything more strenuous is currently out of the question. I am also not allowed to bend my knee, so that's rather inconvenient.

In terms of other non-scale goals: drop at least one more clothing size. I'd love to fit into a 46 (European/Russian size), instead of the tight 52 that I was wearing in March.

How will I achieve this:
    -diet: MFP has me at 1200 right now, but I've been giving myself about 1600, since that's my BMR.
    -Water: I aim for 8 glasses of water a day, and usually get 10.
    -Exercise: this is limited to just walking at the moment. Once I'm cleared for other things, I'm going to do Fitness Blender's low impact program, possibly twice, at least until I feel ready to tackle their regular programs again.
  • stephbroadbelt
    stephbroadbelt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm Stephanie! I'm from Philadelphia

My goal is to lose about 15 lbs in 100 days and tone up! I've been doing better at counting calories and eating better things, but I NEED to start exercising more. I used to be very active, but in the past year have been overwhelmed by two jobs (and laziness). I'm thinking about getting some DVDs or doing an online video everyday. I would like to be in the habit of exercising at least three times a week (even if they are shorter workouts) and start to enjoy it more.

My biggest goal every day is to track - obviously I want to stay under my calories, but by not cheating myself and counting everything, I feel much better about it later and know what to do to change.

I've just recently started to look into the community part, instead of just logging on my phone. Please feel free to add me! Always looking for friends and support! :happy:
  • changergirl
    Options
    Hi Everyone. My name is Amanda and I just got added to the challenge. I lost 45+ pounds on MFP between November of 2012 and May of this year then I travelled for two months and gained 20 pounds back. I haven't gained or lost any weight since I've finished my travels so I really need to become more consistent to lose the weight I gained and the last few pounds after that.

I currently weigh 182 pounds and my goal for the first of January is to be back in the 160s. My ultimate goal is 155 pounds. I plan on doing this by just being consistent, I found this worked best for me in the past. Currently my goal is to eat between 1550-1700 calories a day, drink at least 2 litres of water a day, and hit 10,000 steps a day. For exericse I'm going to start out by doing running/walking based cardio. I've re-started C25K for about the 8th time, I'm going to walk on days I don't do the program. Once I get into the 160s I'm going to incorporate more strength training.
  • melanieleasure
    melanieleasure Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm Melanie from Missouri. I am 34 years old. I post everyday! I used to put so much more meaning on food than what food is meant to be. I started getting serious one month ago and lost 12 pounds by starting my journey. I started eating less and exercising when I could. It is now time to get serious. I know I deserve the results but need the push at times to do the work daily. I like to compete! Most of all I like to see results. I mostly walk but am adding the squat and crunch challenge this month and would like to make it a daily thing. Good luck to everyone!
  • tabatham1982
    tabatham1982 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Tabatha and I just joined the group!! I don't know if I am supposed to say anything about myself but I figure what can it hurt!

I am 31 married, I have a preteen daughter, and I am an RN student with 4 months left till I graduate ( one of the reasons I signed up!) so I am busy at clinicals a lot. I do try and make it to the gym or workout in some way at least 4 times a week and try not to go more than 3 days in a row without a workout but sometimes my schedule or body don't want to participate! I am really looking forward to this challenge as I need some more motivation and enjoy motivating others!

Good Luck Everyone!!!!
    Oh and please feel free to friend me! :)
  • jennalor
    jennalor Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well I'm late to join but here I am! Nice to meet you all!

My name is Jenn, I live in Ontario Canada, my challenge goal is to lose 18 lbs. I plan on achieving this by staying within my calorie range of 1600-1800 and strength training 2 or 3 times x week ( depending on what shift I'm working ) and cardio at least 2 x week.

Good luck to everyone!
  • OlyCapitalChick
    OlyCapitalChick Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Name: jen
    State: wa
    Goals: get to 199!! finally not see the number "2" starting my wt.
    How I am working to achieve this? Recumbent bike, joined 24hr fitness for zumba and maybe spin, drinking water, and using the MFP app.
  • KristyMayhem331
    KristyMayhem331 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Sorry - I havent had a chance to introduce myself yet!

My name is Kristy; I am 29 years old, married with no kids at the moment. I live in Wisconsin although I was born and raised in Illinois (Go Bears! :happy: )

My goal is to lose 22 pounds by this year end.

I plan to continue doing what I am doing now which is watching what I eat and working out as much as I can. Still on injury restriction with my knee but hope to be cleared for some more activity soon. I also joined some challenges on here, some new and some I have participated in before, for some added motivation and to make losing fun and feel less like work.

Best of luck to all ad happy losing! :flowerforyou:
  • momof3nbeggs
    Options
    Hi, my name is Heather, I am from Oklahoma. I am wanting to lose at least 20lbs by the end of the year. Ultimatley i want to lose 110lbs total. I am currently watching what I eat, doing cardio 4-5 days a week and doing strength training about 3 days a week. I do have a back injury that slows me down some days but doc has given me the ok to do the workouts that I do.
    I have also joined some challenges on here and on a facebook group which makes it little more fun.