January 2015 Due Dates

Options

Replies

• xelor23
    xelor23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Have any of you ladies read any good books/blogs/websites on birth? I know I have 4 months left to prepare but I am already freaking out. Everything I read makes me feel light headed and shakey. I know that it is coming and there is nothing I can do to stop it, but I want to have as much knowedge as possible when I go into the hospital. Thanks in advance!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Have any of you ladies read any good books/blogs/websites on birth? I know I have 4 months left to prepare but I am already freaking out. Everything I read makes me feel light headed and shakey. I know that it is coming and there is nothing I can do to stop it, but I want to have as much knowedge as possible when I go into the hospital. Thanks in advance!

Perhaps "What to expect when you're expecting"? I only read the first few chapters during my first pregnancy though, so I dunno if it covers exactly what you're looking for, lol.
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I have Childbirth Without Fear by Grantly ****-Read‎.

Edit: Hah! MFP censors his name... D*ck-Read.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    How are all You ladies doing?

I have my OB appointment tomorrow! I get to fill out all the paperwork to get my tubal ligation done. I'm very excited about that! I'm 22 weeks so the countdown begins! I'm so ready to see my precious boy! I have a heart ultrasound scheduled Oct 7th, which is nerve wracking & my daughter goes to the cardiologist the next day. I haven't been working out at all, just been super busy. We're moving into a bigger place in October so I've been cleaning & packing! We definitely needed a bigger place, so once we move we can start buying stuff for the baby!
  • 4men1lady79
    4men1lady79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi I am due Jan 31st with my 4th boy! With my other pregnancies I've always been overdue by 7-10 days so my prediction of due date is actually Feb 7th but we shall see :-) So far I've gained about 7lbs thanks to my really bad morning/all day sickness I experienced in the beginning and I think my other 3 are helping me burn calories because I feel like I am constantly up and doing something half the day and have to remind myself to eat! I am currently having really bad cravings for SODA!! Like almost everyday I have to have one...which means I'm not drinking a lot of water :-( Besides all that everything is great! Baby boy is a night owl like the rest of us so he moves like crazy come night time and I love that my hubby can now feel him move...after 3 kids this never gets old for us! I actually think the baby doesn't like it when he touches my stomach LOL!
  • JBoMax
    JBoMax Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey! FTM due Jan 14 with our little boy. Ive had a pretty "easy" pregnacy so far. As in not much sickness and mostly feeling good. I have tried to keep up with workourts 3 days a week usually, at least 2 days every week. 25 weeks tomorrow and still managed to gain 20 lbs already, hoping to not gain more than 35 but we will see. Hoping the next few months fly by, right ladies?!
  • xelor23
    Options
    Hi Mama's!

How are you all feeling? I went to Texas last week for a horse show and came back to a 7lb weight gain! I am now up ~12lbs at 23 (almost 24) weeks. :-( My goal was to only gain 15lbs during pregnancy so now I don't know what I'll do. I am working out 2 or 3 days a weeks for an hour+, trying to drink plenty of water... but am struggling keeping carbs at bay. I need to think more salad!!

Other than that I am feeling great! Baby boy is moving a lot more now! Still can't feel him from outside through all my "fluff" and I think he knows I want to feel so as soon as I try, he stops his dancing around. :-D
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

Good job all y'all that are working out! I definitely am being lazy & haven't had a proper workout in weeks. We're packing & moving this month, so I guess I can count that as a workout! 23 weeks and probably 14-15lb gain thus far. Been eating out way too much & not tracking as much as I usually do. My goal is to eat about 2,000 calories a day, but I mostly go over.

Hope you all have a fantastic week!
  • Garlicmushroom
    Garlicmushroom Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm due 4th.
    I could do with some more ladies due around the same time as me.
  • MelMac40
    MelMac40 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi there....I'm new to the group. Currently 26 weeks preggo and due date of 16th January!
    I was using MFP before I became pregnant to try to control my weight. I'm 41, 5ft 3in and weighed 175lbs before pregnancy. I've no idea what I am now but I have been watching what I eat and I started logging food again at about 20 weeks. My MFP maintenance is about 1750 cals so I've upped it to 2000 as I read that you only need about 200-300 more calories per day in pregnancy (is this right?!). Trying to maintain an active lifestyle - walking, swimming, gym and also body pump classes.....finding it tiring though and not so motivated lol!
    Hope you are all well!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I dunno about you ladies, but I'm having TERRIBLE sciatica pain. Also, left ligament pain, right under the belly. Seems like nothing I do helps either one. Booooo.
  • xelor23
    Options
    I think the only thing that helps me is rest and taking it easy. And my snoogle pillow. Love that thing! I hope it passes soon!!
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else feel like the 2nd trimester is taking forever?? And they say the 3rd drags the most! :(
  • NatashaBG
    Options
    Hey! I'm due January 25 with a little girl. This will be my second child, my son is 4. Prior to this pregnancy I had been running an average of 25 miles per week on top of weight training but now at 25 weeks I'm lucky if I can get in 15. It's been a hard transition. So far I have gained 15 pounds, which my doctor says is a good number, but I feel is a little high considering my healthy diet and exercise routine. I just got back on MFP to help watch my diet better and see if I can find out where I'm going wrong. Any suggestions are welcome!
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Second tri for me flew by. I'm just entering 3rd tri (currently 27wks 3 days). I'm looking forward to being "skinny" again and holding a baby. I've gained 23/24lbs and it sucks. It's all worth it in the end though!
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    AwMyLoLo wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel like the 2nd trimester is taking forever?? And they say the 3rd drags the most! :(

Yep, it's dragging for me! Which is weird because I've also felt really great. I've managed to keep exercising 6 days a week, though I had to give up running a few weeks ago due to pelvic girdle pain. I'm not looking forward to the discomfort of the third trimester.
  • luckygohappy
    luckygohappy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm due on the 24th with my second son, up about 13 lbs so far (hoping to keep it around 25 total). And ditto on the sciatica, I'm on my feet a lot at work, and it's rough sometimes! Then again, I'm attempting to balance work, college, a 2.5-year-old, and pregnancy, so life in general isn't easy these days lol!
  • xelor23
    Options
    AwMyLoLo wrote: »

Yes!!! It is taking so long! I will be 25 weeks on Sunday, so only a bit longer!
  • xelor23
    Options
    NatashaBG wrote: »
    Hey! I'm due January 25 with a little girl. This will be my second child, my son is 4. Prior to this pregnancy I had been running an average of 25 miles per week on top of weight training but now at 25 weeks I'm lucky if I can get in 15. It's been a hard transition. So far I have gained 15 pounds, which my doctor says is a good number, but I feel is a little high considering my healthy diet and exercise routine. I just got back on MFP to help watch my diet better and see if I can find out where I'm going wrong. Any suggestions are welcome!

Maybe try swimming? I think a lot of times, dispite diet and exercise, pregnancy has a mind of it's own and you are going to gain weight. And really only 15lbs at 25 weeks is a good number!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Options
    Yep, I'm having the sciatic pain as well on top of round ligament pain. The 2nd trimester is dragging. I think the Third will go by faster because all of the holidays! Unfortunately, there's so much tempting food to eat while pregnant! I don't know how I'm going to resist!