Welcome!

Options
Sammie51013
Sammie51013 Posts: 45 Member
I invited people from the thread that I had posted on. Hope we can support each other through this! I finished L1D6 last night and I don't know what people are talking about, it is not easier yet! lol

Replies

• klfaltin
    klfaltin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just finished L1D7 this morning. I increased weights from 3 pounds to 6 pounds for most of the exercises and now I can barely lift my arms!
  • cindys921
    cindys921 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I am going to be doing level 1 day 4 today after work . It does get easier but it is still hard. You will gain strength for sure.
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm so glad someone made a new group! All the others seem to be dead. I haven't started the shred yet, I was thinking about starting it back up today. I'm not going to do it everyday because I want to run too. I've gotten almost all the way through it once but then my asthma kicked in bad and my doctor had to change all my medications and but a bit fat "no" on workouts of any kind. So great to see some shredders!
  • Sammie51013
    Options
    I'm glad to see people joined already! Thanks! :-)

I still sweat more than any other workout I've tried with this! I have been starting to use five pound weights instead of three for some of the moves, but can't for all of it. My abs do feel stronger!

I started this because I was bored and dreaded going to the gym. I wasn't seeing progress. I'm not looking to lose a lot of weight but just want to be healthy and more toned. It felt like I wasn't getting any stronger trying it on my own at the gym. I do feel like this is much better than the hours I spent at the gym bored and not getting anywhere!

I'm excited to see progress even though I still huff and puff through the workout!
  • Deedle7544
    Deedle7544 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I started it several times and NEVER got past L1D5 - I hope with support and motivation from this group I can at least get to L2 this time!
  • Sammie51013
    Options
    Deedle, have you started yet? What day are you on? Day five was the hardest for me so far! You can do it! I just keep thinking it is so short that I don't have an excuse to skip it lol
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    Oh you will definitely get toned! I did each level for 15 days though. Here are my last results.

28l9huc.png

2nk13e8.jpg

Hoping for some similar results. I was even forming some abs!

vfamp.png

Excited to start again.
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    So be sure to take pics and take those measurements, they were huge motivators!
  • Sammie51013
    Options
    Wow you had awesome results!!! Great work!!!
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm so glad someone made a new group! All the others seem to be dead. I haven't started the shred yet, I was thinking about starting it back up today. I'm not going to do it everyday because I want to run too. I've gotten almost all the way through it once but then my asthma kicked in bad and my doctor had to change all my medications and but a bit fat "no" on workouts of any kind. So great to see some shredders!
    I am running too and I will also be doing it every other day or so. I will start tomorrow!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Oh you will definitely get toned! I did each level for 15 days though. Here are my last results.

28l9huc.png

2nk13e8.jpg

Hoping for some similar results. I was even forming some abs!

vfamp.png

Excited to start again.

This is great - results are noticeble even after only a month!
  • tamarawisniewski
    tamarawisniewski Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started today. Level 1, Day 1. I forgot how it can kick my butt! I did it a few years ago, but "fell off the wagon." I plan on doing it every other day because I will be jogging (I can't call it running yet :blush: ) too. I am glad this group is here. I can't afford a gym or really get to one because of my two young children and teaching high school full time so this is great to have as my "me" place! Good luck to all of you!!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    I started today too. It was not that bad! Abs were easy, cardio was hard, but doable. My arms are weak though - could not do anything with 5 lbs weights and had to drop them...
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    Thanks guys. Yes I had great results and I honestly didn't change much about my diet either. However, I'm not a big eater to start with. I do have a sweet tooth though. I started with soup cans, bumped to 1 lb weights, then went to 3lbs and then 5lbs. Don't be afraid to start small or drop the weights, if your weight is killing your form, drop it and get that form back. I sometimes even dropped one dumbbell on that last arm raise side lunge bit.

I still haven't started yet but I'm going to try to start it back up today. Life's been crazy but I can't see myself not being able to find 30 mins or so to sweat haha. Great job guys!
  • Sammie51013
    Options
    That last arm raise/side lunge is the worst!!! My stamina is improving slowly with them, but still hard. Can't move up to higher weights with it.
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    I started today too. It was not that bad! Abs were easy, cardio was hard, but doable. My arms are weak though - could not do anything with 5 lbs weights and had to drop them...
    OK, my legs (and butt) are officially sore. Surprisingly, my arms are fine - I thought they would be killing me today. And I got +1 lbs on the scale this morning! :neutral_face:

• Sammie51013
    Options
    I definitely feel it the most in my legs!!! Especially my calves. I was really sore the first 3-4 days but now it isn't as bad. I haven't weighed myself though.

From what I have seen on other threads, it is common to either stay around the same weight or increase in the first couple of weeks. I don't quite understand why, not too knowledgeable about it, but something about swelling in your muscles and water retention. If anybody can shed more light, that would be great. I think it goes down after a week or so.
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Did Day2. So far so good, actually felt easier today :)
  • tamarawisniewski
    tamarawisniewski Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Completed day 2; Yesterday I participated in my first 5K Walk/Run. I was feeling pretty achy, so I didn't go all out on the lunges or the dips, but completed it nonetheless. I think I may do the shred only 3 days week and do some other dvd's. I really can't stand Jillian's banter!!
  • Aine8046
    edited October 2014
    Options

From what I have seen on other threads, it is common to either stay around the same weight or increase in the first couple of weeks. I don't quite understand why, not too knowledgeable about it, but something about swelling in your muscles and water retention. If anybody can shed more light, that would be great. I think it goes down after a week or so.
    I certainlyhope so as I got two pounds more this morning... :(
    Nevertheless, did day 3 this morning - it is already gettung easier.